C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tony Mamo Ported TB installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Pro Street
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Tb&bms

2016 Z06 A8
Installed Tony’s throttle body and BMS filter at the same time.
Tony I want to Thank You for a great product.
I drove my Z to Corvette Weekend in Eureka Springs AR. Put over 1000 miles on and not one hiccup or CEL.
Thanks again for a great product! Performance was great too!
Old 10-25-2017, 01:36 PM
IM4A2Z
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Another VERY satisfied customer here as well. My 2017 M7 Z06 had the annoying stumble from take off but, now my car drives like normal.

It should have driven like this from the factory!

Last edited by IM4A2Z; 10-25-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:29 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 311 Likes on 210 Posts

Installed mine yesterday on my '17. No codes on start-up or after about 50 miles of driving (traffic and highway). Before it was warmed up it did have an out of the ordinary “surge” at light throttle around 2K RPMs. I'm not an expert on the fuel trims but maybe I hit a funny spot in the table where it didn't like the throttle body there for a brief second. The car had been running for only like 5mi s at that point v

The car now has zero stumble and you'd never know it has 650HP. Very, very pleased! Great addition considering it is a daily driver and I'm in traffic a lot. It is so smooth with light to med throttle in the daily driver <2.5K RPM in traffic range. I haven't had a chance get on the throttle much as it got into the 40's-50's here in the past few days and its that great horsepower, no traction time of year.

Should get into the low 80's this week so I'll go WOT for a couple seconds in my favorite place and see how she feels.

Thanks Tony, great product.

p.s. Being a mechanical engineer and doing Aluminum die cast designs from time to time there are definite limits on getting a high yield/low-cost product. That being said, it would appear they could create a design closer to the transitions that Tony adds to the part at no extra cost, although I am no expert and certainly not for super high volume. I wonder what the technical reason is why they don't; or is it purely financial, like don't spend the extra time in R&D on the design itself. It is my understanding this TB is used on a truck also so maybe they just didn't care and used it as is. Who knows.....kind of like using the Malibu steering wheel in the C6?

Last edited by SnowyATX; 10-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:33 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06
Installed mine yesterday on my '17. No codes on start-up or after about 50 miles of driving (traffic and highway). Before it was warmed up it did have an out of the ordinary “surge” at light throttle around 2K RPMs. I'm not an expert on the fuel trims but maybe I hit a funny spot in the table where it didn't like the throttle body there for a brief second. The car had been running for only like 5mi s at that point v

The car now has zero stumble and you'd never know it has 650HP. Very, very pleased! Great addition considering it is a daily driver and I'm in traffic a lot. It is so smooth with light to med throttle in the daily driver <2.5K RPM in traffic range. I haven't had a chance get on the throttle much as it got into the 40's-50's here in the past few days and its that great horsepower, no traction time of year.

Should get into the low 80's this week so I'll go WOT for a couple seconds in my favorite place and see how she feels.

p.s. Being a mechanical engineer and doing Aluminum die cast designs from time to time there are definite limits on getting a high yield/low-cost product. That being said, it would appear they could create a design closer to the transitions that Tony adds to the part at no extra cost, although I am no expert and certainly not for super high volume. I wonder what the technical reason is why they don't; or is it purely financial, like don't spend the extra time in R&D on the design itself. It is my understanding this TB is used on a truck also so maybe they just didn't care and used it as is. Who knows.....kind of like using the Malibu steering wheel in the C6?
Yes, I think cost drives the issue on any large production product. The wide application of this throttle body probably means "good enough" is what the bean counters authorize, not optimum.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:50 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SUB VETTE
Yes, I think cost drives the issue on any large production product. The wide application of this throttle body probably means "good enough" is what the bean counters authorize, not optimum.
Off topic but back in the '90s I worked on some high resolution active SONAR systems for the LA and Sturgeon Class and both DSRVs.

Last edited by SnowyATX; 10-29-2017 at 09:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SUB VETTE (11-03-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 12:42 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 903 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by SUB VETTE
Pretty much....I think the engineers and the top brass have a target number to work with in output....if they can get there with an inexpensive (already on the shelf) mass produced part all the better.

Also, regarding Torch Red's comments on a better casting, you would still need alot of machining operations because a casting would just not be accurate enough....however I will say you could cast a part that's alot closer to what should be the right finished shape, perhaps somewhere in between what Im sending out (an extremely optimized piece) and what comes factory.

Getting rid of the ridiculous large step around the TB's perimeter which impedes flow (especially the higher speed stuff at WOT) would be job number one if they were to look to improve it. Better yet redesign an entire new TB with a 90mm blade that they already utilize to keep costs down and make it alot more optimally shaped (of course none of this is ever going to happen).

I guess you guys should be thankful one of the only major flaws the LT4 has is easily replaced (and upgraded) and doesnt cost alot to do so......its a hell of alot easier to swap a TB than swap the cylinder heads of an LS7 C6Z!!

Catch you guys later

Cheers,
Tony

PS....I should mention Im slowly getting caught up and my goal of having these ported on the shelf ready to ship the same day is slowly becoming more of a reality. Lead times now are about two weeks.....I suspect by the end of the year I will actually have inventory on the shelf so no waiting. That's the goal at least!

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 10-30-2017 at 12:50 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports:
flyboyslc1 (10-30-2017), SUB VETTE (11-03-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 09:50 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Torch-Red-Z06

The car was awesome today. Tip in throttle response was so nice in stop and go traffic. Sounds funny but it just feels so much smoother.
Also I tend to all but idle in 1st gear out of the multi story garage at work from time to time. The car was much more tolerant of that today.

And yes, the several times I goosed it the throttle response feels much smoother and faster. Instant tire spin.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:25 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Received my Mamo Ported TB today. Wow, what a beautiful job and so professionally packaged and protected. Thanks so much Tony. It will now await my new Z06/07 when I order and pick it up at the Corvette Museum next spring. It will be resting on my workbench until then.
Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2017, 09:43 PM
The_Gretz
Pro

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

Received my TB and installed it. It was a breeze. I was surprised when I first hit the gas and felt the lack of hesitation. It was immediately noticeable. I’ll get to drive it more tomorrow and I’ll report back. I expect my results will be the same as everyone else. Thanks Tony!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:33 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Just ordered one, can't wait to see how it works
Old 11-27-2017, 08:34 AM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

You can't go wrong with the TMPTB. Tony's customer service is outstanding and he replies to questions quickly and thoroughly. We'll be purchasing our second PTB soon for our new GMC Sierra 1500 6.2.
The following 2 users liked this post by LAYNLOW:
badhabit_wb (11-27-2017), NemesisC5 (01-23-2018)
Old 11-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Will the tmptb void the new car warranty? If left on the car when taking it in for service ?
Old 11-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Dethsupp0rt
Racer

Received 258 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Will the tmptb void the new car warranty? If left on the car when taking it in for service ?
It's an OEM throttle body, so you can't even tell the difference by looking at them unless you take off the intake. No one's even going to notice just taking it in for routine maintenance.

If you blow up the motor or something, then it's always best to put the stock parts back on, just in case GM themselves have to get involved.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt
It's an OEM throttle body, so you can't even tell the difference by looking at them unless you take off the intake. No one's even going to notice just taking it in for routine maintenance.

If you blow up the motor or something, then it's always best to put the stock parts back on, just in case GM themselves have to get involved.
Good advice Note to self— don’t blow up motor and buy tmptb to make car go faster.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:02 PM
illmac77
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
CI 8 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07

So the consensus is that on 17' with an xpipe an Haltech intake its not going lean and throwing codes? Santa still needs to get me a gift. Tony I'm sure you have here more feedback then here as well...
Old 12-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by illmac77
So the consensus is that on 17' with an xpipe an Haltech intake its not going lean and throwing codes? Santa still needs to get me a gift. Tony I'm sure you have here more feedback then here as well...
You should be fine....if your concerned I can send you a unit that's on the conservative side of my "normal" range that I keep on the shelf.

Trust me its still going to be a night and day difference and the slight chance of a CEL that might exist considering you now have three airflow mods with the stock tune (X-pipe, CAI, and now the TB) would be reduced further if we went that route. If you happen to have an issue I can send you one even more conservative than that but I doubt you will. Anything I send you will be a massive improvement over stock but just email me at this point if you want to discuss anything in more detail. The OEM TB is just horrible in stock trim and this TB upgrade should be standard equipment on every C7

Here is my email address

mamomotorsports@yahoo.com

Regards,
Tony
The following users liked this post:
illmac77 (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 09:16 PM
illmac77
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran
CI 8 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07

Thanks Tony, email sent

Get notified of new replies

To Tony Mamo Ported TB installed

Old 12-09-2017, 09:35 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Tony got mine yesterday. My car is down for a few months due to another issue but I'll leave it in the unopened box until then. Can't wait to give it a try.

Herman
Old 12-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by badhabit_wb
Tony got mine yesterday. My car is down for a few months due to another issue but I'll leave it in the unopened box until then. Can't wait to give it a try.

Herman
Man....when I get new sexy go fast parts and I cant wait to rip the package open....LOL

You have more self control than I do!!

Maybe you can just open it on Xmas to check it out!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 12-09-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:03 PM
illmac77
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran
CI 8 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07

Order Placed, Thanks for talking with me Tony. Cant wait to get my gift.

Quick Reply: Tony Mamo Ported TB installed