C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Carbon Fiber dash option - opinions/photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 08:28 PM
mjdart
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 161 Posts

Default Carbon Fiber dash option - opinions/photos

I putting together an order for this spring which includes the Competition Sport seats which have carbon fiber inserts and of course the standard steering wheel which has the carbon fiber trim. I have not seen in person or even many photos or videos showing the carbon fiber dash option. I am considering ordering it. My questions: Do you like it, does it match the the carbon fiber on cpmpetition seats and steering wheel?

Please post photos or videos showing the carbon fiber dash or any of the other options I'm ordering listed below, you all know the excitement of ordering or buying one of these wonderful dream machines, so please share if you have time.

This will be a Long Beach Red exterior with Kalahari interior with Z06 apperance package (armrest Z06 embroidery) and all Z07 components ordered ala-cart (no Sport Cup 2 tires), hoping for new (Michelin Sport 4 S tires) It will have the carbon flash ground effects with the splitter and the dealer installed performance aero package. I hear they are extending factory incentives (maybe my '64 Coupe will net me the loyalty discount), so I may accelerate my order to discount some of my heavy option list. I'm also going to Bowling Green to build the engine and experiece the factory tour with the build option. Thanks for any insight or opinions!

Last edited by mjdart; 02-01-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:06 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 PM
mjdart
Burning Brakes

Nice dash and that steering wheel is awesome, I'd like to get that Kalahari steering wheel....is it available and is it a do it yourself kind of mod? It looks as though the carbon fiber dash is much nicer than the stock option........I see you're in Ontario, I was born across the Lake in Rochester NY

Last edited by mjdart; 02-01-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 AM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

I did a factory order on my Z06 with Visible Carbon Fiber hood and Roof. The ONLY option I regret not purchasing was the Carbon Fiber dash. I'm considering ordering the part and having it installed.
The following users liked this post:
mjdart (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:12 AM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Still sitting at the dealer in a pre PDI state so this is the best I can do atm.

mjdart (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 12:20 AM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
I have to ask is that a caravaggio interior and wheel? I love that leather airbag and wheel, looks great.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:01 AM
mjdart
Burning Brakes

Thanks C5North it looks like it matches up well with the carbon fiber on the wheel.
I like the blue interior, it's probably going to end up on the auction block 50 years from now as being a rare optioned car worth a small fortune
Old 02-02-2017, 05:20 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Nice interior, but that doesn't answer his question. Kalahari doesn't come with the gloss CF dash

To answer the original question, yes the steering wheel and dash match. I don't recall if the comp seats do, they look matte to me but I can't remember when I saw it in person.

Last edited by Larry M; 02-02-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:36 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

I was under the impression they now offered the dash in glossy carbon fiber no? If I am wrong, I apologize. The dash, sill plates, front splitter, rails, rear spoiler fins, console and steering wheel are by John Caravaggio. My thoughts.... speak with John before you order any CF options. His work is of a much higher quality and it saves you money.

The steering wheel as you see it is pricey as it was made custom with the CF bezel and horn leather covered. Closer pik... I had specific ideals with my car, however.... inside and out...and John accomplished that, along with APR who did the spats and Halltech who did th CF intake.

Looking at what I would have done differently, I originally ordered the Stage 2 ground effects and ended up selling them when Caravaggio worked his craft. If I were to reorder (which I may be with the ZR), I would go with Caravaggio and save money for better quality.

A few more piks of diff parts....

Last edited by AllFlash; 02-02-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:56 AM
ddelallata
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

This is a pic of the high gloss carbon that's part of the jet black suede interior
snow (02-02-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Larry M
Drifting

I was under the impression they now offered the dash in glossy carbon fiber no? If I am wrong, I apologize. The dash, sill plates, front splitter, rails, rear spoiler fins, console and steering wheel are by John Caravaggio. My thoughts.... speak with John before you order any CF options. His work is of a much higher quality and it saves you money.

The steering wheel as you see it is pricey as it was made custom with the CF bezel and horn leather covered. Closer pik... I had specific ideals with my car, however.... inside and out...and John accomplished that, along with APR who did the spats and Halltech who did th CF intake.

Looking at what I would have done differently, I originally ordered the Stage 2 ground effects and ended up selling them when Caravaggio worked his craft. If I were to reorder (which I may be with the ZR), I would go with Caravaggio and save money for better quality.

Well, no need to apologize you're clearly trying to help
The gloss interior is only available on the Jet Suede Design Package. Not sure if on Spice Red or the blue design package.

I'll be able to confirm John's work in hopefully a few days, I should have a few goodies on the way
Old 02-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Originally Posted by ddelallata
This is a pic of the high gloss carbon that's part of the jet black suede interior
Yes, that is Jet Suede Design Package...a VERY pricey package.
3LZ required plus $4K for the design package

The 3LZ money you pay for the upgraded leather is all thrown out for suede...that being said, I ordered the Jet Suede, but when you think about it financially, it is probably one of the most overpriced options on the Z

Last edited by Larry M; 02-02-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:19 PM
MrBrightside
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 103 Posts

Speaking to John about the center console- at first I thought it was an overlay but its great to know it's a full replacement part. His quality looks outstanding, Did you switch the parts out at the dealer? was it easy to change just the silver part of the shifter console? Car looks stunning man well done.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:10 PM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

I do want to change my dash out for the CF version but it looks like a PITA to do.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

You know, you really should spruce up that plain corvette with a little carbon fiber...
Old 12-12-2018, 02:03 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by RegnaR
I do want to change my dash out for the CF version but it looks like a PITA to do.
It honestly is not all the difficult, but is a bit time consuming. Just about everything in new cars today is assembled in a snap and clip fashion, you just need to know what screws to remove. The guides on this site and youtube provide detailed enough instructions that just about anyone can do this project at home with a very primitive set of hand tools. The one tool I did not own was the 5 point security bit required to swap the climate control panel to the new dash. These can be purchased for $10 or so online, so just plan ahead.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Originally Posted by fleming23
It honestly is not all the difficult, but is a bit time consuming. Just about everything in new cars today is assembled in a snap and clip fashion, you just need to know what screws to remove. The guides on this site and youtube provide detailed enough instructions that just about anyone can do this project at home with a very primitive set of hand tools. The one tool I did not own was the 5 point security bit required to swap the climate control panel to the new dash. These can be purchased for $10 or so online, so just plan ahead.

Dude, you pulled out the floor console and waterfall and didn't replace those with CF? I was obviously joking around about you having too much CF, but if you're already going to have that out, definitely put in CF. it makes it flow so much better!

Get notified of new replies

To Carbon Fiber dash option - opinions/photos

Old 12-12-2018, 02:14 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Like this?

I think it is JUST the right amount of carbon. I don't like any of the aftermarket wheels. The only other place I would consider is passenger dash pad, flowing into passenger door panel (which I think the new cars might get now anyway.)

Last edited by fleming23; 12-12-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

yep. i have the matte finish though, as the dash was matte and i wanted them to match.

Edit: HEY!!! That's a different car! How many C7s do you have??

Last edited by Toddiesel; 12-12-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:18 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
yep. i have the matte finish though, as the dash was matte and i wanted them to match.

Edit: HEY!!! That's a different car! How many C7s do you have??
Are you confusing me with Allflash? Same car for me.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber dash option - opinions/photos