C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Pretty freaking cool!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:01 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 275 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Driver was a moron, give him time he'll end up in another you tube video (we've all seen them) this time not so flattering... Take it to the road course, the drag strip, but don't be an a@@ hat and endanger other people with your stupidity...

I could care less that the OP doesn't want comments about how stupid this was. With the stopped traffic and the potential to spin into the opposite lanes of traffic, to try and glorify this moronic behavior because he didn't cause a major accident or injury THIS TIME is about as nuts as doing the deed. I hope the moderators lock this thread
The following 2 users liked this post by AVETTE:
Monkey D. Luffy (02-17-2017), NocarbutaVetteforme (02-14-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:46 PM
cowboys223
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree. Amazing car control. It never ceases to amaze me though, the guys that want to tell us all how dangerous it is. I'm sure they've never exceeded the speed limit, or done any spirited driving on a highway or mountain road themselves. People dont usually buy sports cars like these to drive 65, and never enjoy a burst of speed here and there. I agree with the OP. Watch the video, and enjoy it for what it was. Entertainment. Otherwise, sit there and "what if" it to death, and bash the driver whose skills you're probably jealous of. However, if that's how you want to react everytime you see a video posted that's showing something different than what you'd ever do, you could always keep the negativity to yourself, and avoid the urge to tell everyone else how dangerous it is. We are aware. Its common sense. No need to preach to everyone in a thread directed towards entertainment.
The following 2 users liked this post by cowboys223:
Dfwz06 (02-14-2017), JackTripper (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:15 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

damn nice and glad it wasnt a stang woulda been into all those cars and crowd LOL
Old 02-14-2017, 01:17 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboys223
Otherwise, sit there and "what if" it to death, and bash the driver whose skills you're probably jealous of. However, if that's how you want to react everytime you see a video posted that's showing something different than what you'd ever do, you could always keep the negativity to yourself, and avoid the urge to tell everyone else how dangerous it is. We are aware. Its common sense. No need to preach to everyone in a thread directed towards entertainment.
Wrong.
Most of the posters have already said, "great car control" or something similar.

There is a time and a place for that kind of driving.
The guy in the video was in neither.
He is the kind of driver who makes the target on the back of every Vette owner BIGGER for LEOs to zero in on.
I don't know about you, but I find having to look over my shoulder (so to speak) takes a lot of fun out of owning a Corvette...having to evolve six sets of eyes blows.

Last edited by sunsalem; 02-14-2017 at 01:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NocarbutaVetteforme (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 06:37 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Probably 12 "civilians" NOT impressed and calling the authorities to band the Cars and coffee. Then we wonder why our hobby is threatened.
As I said yesterday...... and was labled a whinner....... and thats OK, It's about the perception of our hobby. I never addressed the dangerous issue or that the video in and of itself is cool. I just want to see what we love to do, the cars we enjoy and friendships we make along the way survive.

Over the past 10 years I have seen and been involved in 3 auto cross events and two cars and coffees all 5 of which have been cancelled because of ego's like this. We ask people, tell people, PLEASE do not do this type of stuff because there are MANY people looking for any excuse to close down our events. At a cars and coffee event I went to in San Diego last fall on vacation, it was told on social media that the police will be on site monitoring all activity. You guessed it, did not stop the "rules dont apply to me" types. All you have to do is show this video at the local goverment counsil meeting, mayors office or whatever and that event is probably toast.

It's that simple to me. Few people are going to complain about a cars and coffee at a local strip center. But roll out into Sunday morning traffic like this and events like that will be a distant memory.

Last edited by Greg00Coupe; 02-14-2017 at 06:41 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg00Coupe:
NocarbutaVetteforme (02-14-2017), sunsalem (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 06:54 AM
Dfwz06
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
What an idiot......guys like that give Corvette drivers a bad name and reputation.
A reputation that we are bad mother f'ers. I think it's cool as ****!
JackTripper (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 06:58 AM
Dfwz06
Burning Brakes

And I'm sure there were several kids that loved seeing it too. Good for him
Old 02-14-2017, 09:31 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmmmmm... let's see.. this guy? Or a kid in a beater texting and driving? This guy!
The following 2 users liked this post by C7BB:
Dfwz06 (02-14-2017), JackTripper (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

That was a bad *** burnout with some great control and BALLZ! Love it!
Look there are people here that will just find the BAD in everything...Thats just how people are...Ignore it! I can watch that **** all day and used to love doing it myself! So much fun! If you wanna see some REAL danger, go take a trip and spend a day with my brothers over in Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan! Cheers to the OP for posting! Post more! Ohh Rah!
JackTripper (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
That was a bad *** burnout with some great control and BALLZ! Love it!
Look there are people here that will just find the BAD in everything...Thats just how people are...Ignore it! I can watch that **** all day and used to love doing it myself! So much fun! If you wanna see some REAL danger, go take a trip and spend a day with my brothers over in Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan! Cheers to the OP for posting! Post more! Ohh Rah!
The difference between your "brothers" and this guy is that he's putting all of those around him in danger. If your "brother" acted stupid with his sidearm and started waving it around, firing off a few rounds, would the be enough BALLZ for you?

Would you love it if he acted stupid with a weapon? Would it be BAD to you?

Placing yourself in danger for the benefit of others is valor.

Placing others in danger for the benefit of your own enjoyment is just being a *****.
The following 2 users liked this post by davepl:
NocarbutaVetteforme (02-14-2017), Phillip50 (02-17-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:36 PM
slacker1201
Lifetime NCM Member #2497
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10-11-12 Veteran

Originally Posted by Mike Jesse
Respect? How is the driver of this car respecting others around him by
pulling this stunt on a crowded street?

Empty street......go for it.
I agree 100%. Nobody should be doing that on public roads, especially that close to other vehicles. I'm talking about respecting the OP, Jacktripper. He asked to please refrain posting, about how dangerous this video is.
JackTripper (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 07:45 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Stupid, Stupid, STUPID!

Jim
Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1

Placing others in danger for the benefit of your own enjoyment is just being a *****.
Amen, brother.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
The difference between your "brothers" and this guy is that he's putting all of those around him in danger. If your "brother" acted stupid with his sidearm and started waving it around, firing off a few rounds, would the be enough BALLZ for you?

Would you love it if he acted stupid with a weapon? Would it be BAD to you?

Placing yourself in danger for the benefit of others is valor.

Im not going to argue with you because you have the right to your opinion as I have a right to mine. I honestly think calling people ***** behind the the security of a keyboard and the handle of a corvette forum member is lame...But then again, its to be expected. Not everybody takes a **** standing up! Look man its real easy for you and everyone like you...Dont watch it and move on. Simple!
Okay, Ive spent enough wasted time on this...Go on and reply or whatever. Im done here!

OP...Thanks again brother!
The following 2 users liked this post by Blvdbrawler:
JackTripper (02-14-2017), slacker1201 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:18 PM
jacksnorm
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

He is one bad dude for sure, but I heard the boys in blue caught up with him with the help of a little video footage...
Old 02-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Dfwz06
Burning Brakes

So many haters. You all sound boring. That guy is badass and that's some great control.
I guess none of you EVER do anything dangerous? BS!
Don't be a hypocrite and stop hating.
JackTripper (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksnorm
He is one bad dude for sure, but I heard the boys in blue caught up with him with the help of a little video footage...
Best news I have heard in a while.

Some people haven't seen what stupidity can cost others. Try working in an emergency room and seeing people come in barely clinging to life or pronounced DOA when they finally get there. And then find out that it wasn't their fault but the idiot who was driving drunk or else street racing and caused the wreck. Then you tell me how cool it is!!

There is a time and place for everything. The street with others around is not the place.

And for the not so bright who said "The people in the cars were not excited but the others in the crowds were cheering" really must be a kid with a double digit IQ below 60 because we all know cheers equate to brains and what is right\safe. Get a clue!

And just because the burnout worked right that time, let's just throw a blow out into the equation? Now what do you suppose would happen? The driver is a moron plain and simple.

Last edited by NocarbutaVetteforme; 02-14-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pretty freaking cool!

Old 02-14-2017, 08:57 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

This driver is obviously skilled and likely could repeat the same stunt 10 times out of 10 without issue... On the other hand we have many middle age Joe's, who just traded their impala to quench their crisis with their first sports car and are now out in cold temps on wet roads... Does the "dangerous a hole" crowd hold the same contempt for "joe" as they do for the burnout king? My god Joe... you are putting everyones lives at risk with your foolish and selfish behavior. My guess is no.... but i know who id ride shotgun with
Old 02-14-2017, 08:59 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
Im not going to argue with you because you have the right to your opinion as I have a right to mine. I honestly think calling people ***** behind the the security of a keyboard and the handle of a corvette forum member is lame...But then again, its to be expected. Not everybody takes a **** standing up! Look man its real easy for you and everyone like you...Dont watch it and move on. Simple!
Okay, Ive spent enough wasted time on this...Go on and reply or whatever. Im done here!

OP...Thanks again brother!
To be clear, I was calling the dangerous driver (or the hypothetical careless gun handler) a *****, not you for posting about it... I thought I was pretty clear (and reading it again, still do).

Last edited by davepl; 02-14-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:01 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dfwz06
So many haters. You all sound boring. That guy is badass and that's some great control.
I guess none of you EVER do anything dangerous? BS!
Don't be a hypocrite and stop hating.
I don't think you get it. Be as dangerous TO YOURSELF as you want. Be a stud, fail the Darwin test, I don't care. But when you endanger people around you, well... I already stated how I felt about those people.

Unless you actually do think it's cool and badass to endanger other people, then I have nothing else I can really say except that you're likely under 25 and that prefrontal cortex should be done baking in a few years and it'll all make sense.
NocarbutaVetteforme (02-15-2017)

Quick Reply: Pretty freaking cool!