C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ported throttle body and replacement filter or CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 AM
atterbud
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ported throttle body and replacement filter or CAI?

I am about to make some minor mods to my 2016 M7 Z06 and I was looking for some opinions. I am going to add the aux radiator, replacement x-pipe, DSC Sport controller and either a ported TB or a CAI. Based on ready a few of the threats I was wondering if it would be more beneficial to add a ported TB and a high flow filter rather than the Haltech or AFE CAI. Obviously I could do both, but was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on the relative benefits of one way vs the other.

The car is a daily driver and I plan to do a few track days in the summer. I do not drag race the car.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

You will pick up more horsepower and torque from the CAI. Figure it for 15-20hp if using Halltech or AFe. You can feel this. The ported throttle body will provide a marginal increase in hp (0-5hp), but will assist with reducing the throttle lag/hesitation.

Go with both, if you can.

You could get away with no tune, but mine was tuned after similar mods that you are planning and the tune made a noticeable difference.

Quick Reply: Ported throttle body and replacement filter or CAI?