C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nurburgring lap time

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 11:27 AM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,035 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Whats funny is, 95% of C7Z owners couldn't give 2 ***** about a Ring lap record...hell most of them have never heard of Nurburging...LOL..

Drive and enjoy.....
But if the time was released and it was good you and the other 94% would taking about it all day long. Not a one way street.
The following 2 users liked this post by TARANTULA:
sam90lx (04-05-2017), Xanthophyll (04-06-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 11:40 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I for one wish they had tested, recorded, and published a good time.

Since they haven't, the following things will change in my life. Here's the complete list:

1) I lose the ability to bench-race my car against similarly timed cars on the Internet

I can't think of anything else...
The following 3 users liked this post by davepl:
johnglenntwo (04-09-2017), rbarta (04-08-2017), sunsalem (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 11:53 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Are you F'ing kidding!?

This thing has all the pomp and circumstance of an Indy 500. More! How many people own Indy cars?! All the nuance, and potential speed, OMG! This is like boycotting Christmas and Disneyland from a 5-year old Maybe until their 8!
Holy mother of God help him feel again!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-05-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:21 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
Talk about trolling all you want, I love my 2016 m7 Z07 but it IS a TOTAL embarrassment that they have not published a time. Good, bad, or otherwise, POST THE DAMN time. We ALL know that cooling problems caused the computer to pull timing and reduce power, We ALL know that along with the increased drag from the aero due to the decision not to go with a true wing, it probably did the car in as far as a good lap time was concerned at the ring, what we can't deal with is the lack of transparency....

As to the people who hate that this topic won't go away, consider GM's response, you will meet it VERY soon, it will be called the ZR1, it will have coolers, A LOT OF THEM, you will see a ring time and it will be good, VERY VERY good, you can bet the farm on that one... If you think they are going to let the new ZL1 Camaro steal the show (as they are currently doing, check latest motor trend video on it, that has specific references to the Z06) you are sadly mistaken... a new King of the Hill is coming, what angers many of us is that the Z06 was initially released with INSUFFICIENT cooling for the track, and, at least in the case of the 2017 model, has improved at least for the manual trans, (the auto not so much)

You guys can spout all you want about how the ring time doesn't matter, BUT IT DOES, which is why every major manufacturer goes there, don't let your insecurities about your car being threatened or 'bashed' as you like to put it cloud your judgement as to why the ring matters for serious sports cars, IT IS THE GOLD STANDARD BY WHICH WE EVALUATE THE TOP HANDLING SPORTS CARS IN THE WORLD - TRY TO GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK BALD HEADS... Go back to waxing your cars in your flannels, people whom want to DRIVE their cars and know what the car is CAPABLE of at the most demanding track in the world deserve an answer, but we will never receive one as far as the Z06 is concerned... Now the new ZR1... Well now, that is a horse of a different color.... They will be proud of that one, and you can bet your a@@ a ring time will be published...

I am off my rant now
Your just a Troll......
Wait, you own a C7Z.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:25 PM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

I understand what you are saying. But, that track matters and the time does matter when comparing sports cars to one another. It is the benchmark set by the industry.

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1

Since they haven't, the following things will change in my life. Here's the complete list:

1) I lose the ability to bench-race my car against similarly timed cars on the Internet

I can't think of anything else...
Old 04-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Talk about trolling all you want, I love my 2016 m7 Z07 but it IS a TOTAL embarrassment that they have not published a time. Good, bad, or otherwise, POST THE DAMN time. We ALL know that cooling problems caused the computer to pull timing and reduce power, We ALL know that along with the increased drag from the aero due to the decision not to go with a true wing, it probably did the car in as far as a good lap time was concerned at the ring, what we can't deal with is the lack of transparency....

As to the people who hate that this topic won't go away, consider GM's response, you will meet it VERY soon, it will be called the ZR1, it will have coolers, A LOT OF THEM, you will see a ring time and it will be good, VERY VERY good, you can bet the farm on that one... If you think they are going to let the new ZL1 Camaro steal the show (as they are currently doing, check latest motor trend video on it, that has specific references to the Z06) you are sadly mistaken... a new King of the Hill is coming, what angers many of us is that the Z06 was initially released with INSUFFICIENT cooling for the track, and, at least in the case of the 2017 model, has improved at least for the manual trans, (the auto not so much)

You guys can spout all you want about how the ring time doesn't matter, BUT IT DOES, which is why every major manufacturer goes there, don't let your insecurities about your car being threatened or 'bashed' as you like to put it cloud your judgement as to why the ring matters for serious sports cars, IT IS THE GOLD STANDARD BY WHICH WE EVALUATE THE TOP HANDLING SPORTS CARS IN THE WORLD - TRY TO GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK BALD HEADS... Go back to waxing your cars in your flannels, people whom want to DRIVE their cars and know what the car is CAPABLE of at the most demanding track in the world deserve an answer, but we will never receive one as far as the Z06 is concerned... Now the new ZR1... Well now, that is a horse of a different color.... They will be proud of that one, and you can bet your a@@ a ring time will be published...

I am off my rant now
Clarity is amazing when one possesses it. I don't hate the Z06, I hate the way GM has handled this entire situation. I hope the ZR1 goes over there and more than makes up for it.
The following users liked this post:
Xanthophyll (04-06-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 05:54 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I am off my rant now
You have said it well. I agree that they will get a ring time for the ZR1 since GM knows that not having one is not good for the brand.
sunsalem (04-07-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 06:39 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by TARANTULA
But if the time was released and it was good you and the other 94% would taking about it all day long. Not a one way street.
Bingo! Can't have it both ways. I'll say this for the last time. GM did not release a ring time for the Z06 because it could not complete a lap without over heating.
The following 2 users liked this post by meadowz06:
sunsalem (04-07-2017), svtkeith (04-14-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 10:24 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default $35,810!

If the Z makes it I bet some fat cat would zero that Viper Go Fund That day!

Anyway, Somebody's making it soon though!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-06-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:33 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

I am off my rant now
awesome...a senior member who owns 1 and calls it how it is...
Old 04-08-2017, 06:43 PM
GP1224
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Bingo! Can't have it both ways. I'll say this for the last time. GM did not release a ring time for the Z06 because it could not complete a lap without over heating.
BS. Have a good read with Jim Mero explaining.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge/3620210-answered-nurburgring-and-the-c7-z06.html

Last edited by GP1224; 04-08-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Sky High
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
They did! This is part of Tadge's response from his "Ask Tadge" section on 4/15/2015. So where are these results? More Tadge BS.

Last week, we were finally able to confirm the performance of the car on a continuous lap of the Nurburgring. We are putting together the press release and will have the lap time and video out shortly. I can tell you we were more than satisfied with the results.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:38 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Sky High
They did! This is part of Tadge's response from his "Ask Tadge" section on 4/15/2015. So where are these results? More Tadge BS.

Last week, we were finally able to confirm the performance of the car on a continuous lap of the Nurburgring. We are putting together the press release and will have the lap time and video out shortly. I can tell you we were more than satisfied with the results.

Can't believe its been two years - so much for "shortly" and "soon".

Two separate runs at the Ring, all the hype and promises and they delivered nothing. What a major let down.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 04-09-2017 at 12:40 AM.
Xanthophyll (04-11-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 02:36 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Like I said earlier....
Old 04-09-2017, 07:06 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Oh look, the people that don't own a C7 are still keeping this thread alive. What a surprise.....
Old 04-09-2017, 08:29 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default < $32,685!!! ;) Oh look, it's another Brand keeping this thread alive!

https://www.gofundme.com/take-back-the-ring-record

Don't worry it's 'Belatedly' coming!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-10-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Default Well there you go! ;)

Dodge is out to own the tracks:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge...t-look-review/

Rudimentary style$

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-11-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Nurburgring lap time

Old 04-12-2017, 05:09 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by Les
Clarity is amazing when one possesses it. I don't hate the Z06, I hate the way GM has handled this entire situation. I hope the ZR1 goes over there and more than makes up for it.
I suspect the ZR1 will set a new production car record!
Old 04-13-2017, 06:54 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

$31,855!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 04-14-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:23 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I am off my rant now

Well said and totally agree with this post......

Quick Reply: Nurburgring lap time