C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Now Available - Granatelli Adjustable Toe Links with AMT locking plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default Now Available - Granatelli Adjustable Toe Links with AMT locking plates

Now Available - Granatelli Adjustable Toe Links with AMT Locking Plates for all C7 Corvettes

AMT Motorsport is proud to have partnered with Granatelli Motorsport in offering their rear adjustable toe links for the C7 Corvette. As anyone who's been under the car knows, the stock toe links are adjusted using an eccentric cam much like the factory control arms. However this cam makes it difficult to achieve finite toe adjustment and like the rest of the eccentrics are prone to slipping when driven hard on track

Granatelli has solved this problem by offering a bolt in replacement for the factory toe links. These toe links are adjusted turnbuckle style by simply twisting the shaft, like every other toe link known to man. This makes for fast and precise toe adjustments at the rear of the car. Rods are black anodized 6061-aluminum, with heavy duty teflon-lined heim joints on either end. The tapered pin that inserts to the GM spindle is 4130 steel and phosphate coated to protect against corrosion

Finally, AMT improves upon the concept by eliminating the factory eccentric all together. Even with the huge range of adjustability the Granatelli toe link is still installed with the factory eccentric in place. Knowing the eccentrics can slip we instead ship our toe links with black anodized 6061 aluminum plates to be installed in place of the factory eccentric. Grade 10 metric hardware is included to replace the factory hardware. Coupled with the AMT C7 Camber kit, you've now eliminated all the silly eccentrics on your C7 Corvette and can pound around the track til your hearts' content without worrying about your car slipping out of alignment

Features of the Granatelli Motorsport Toe Links:

• Turnbuckle style link allows for precise, fine-tuning
• AMT locking plates and hardware eliminate factory eccentrics
• .875 diameter 6061-t6 billet rods
• Heavy duty 5/8”-18 Teflon-lined chrome-moly heim style rod ends
• CNC machined 4130 Carbon Steel tapered pins are black zinc plated.
• Dramatically increases vehicle stability at speeds
• Improves handling
• Designed to be a direct bolt in and fit
• All necessary hardware and instructions are included.

Pricing for the Adjustable Toe Links with AMT Locking plates is $245.25 plus shipping.

Follow THIS LINK to order from our website.

If anyone has any questions at all please let me know and I'll answer all that I can. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 03-06-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:52 PM
tracer3030
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Geometry the same as the OEM toe link? Bump steer change with this kit?
Old 04-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Same geometry, no changes to bumpsteer - just easy adjustment and no slipping cams. Thanks Tracey - I'll get yours shipped out on Monday!
Old 04-22-2017, 08:23 PM
tracer3030
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you! Whats next on the list! My wife would hate this car if I told her how much $ spent
Old 04-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

I hear ya. But look at it this way, at least you're not spending absurd money on a 14 year old C5 racecar. Pretty sure every dollar I spend decreases the value of the car three fold!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:06 AM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

This Toe links works great! When you dial in a lot of negative camber to the rear of the C7 it is virtually impossible to get toe adjusted in stock form. The way its built appears it will hold the toe in high G cornering much better too.

We have the AMT alignment kit and stud-shim kit on our Z06. No more shifting eccentrics. We will be testing some big camber numbers this track season soooo looking forward to it.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:05 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Beautiful pieces. My only concern is GM will void the powertrain warranty if they notice them.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!

Originally Posted by rikhek
Beautiful pieces. My only concern is GM will void the powertrain warranty if they notice them.
My dealer has seen our suspension mods many times over and no suggestion of a warranty issue, the tech's think its cool A long shot could be a control arm or ball joint failure. Surprised you and Mike don't have them yet toe adjustment is almost infinite!

Hey those MPSS non ZP's ride very well and stick much better than the cups when cool.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

I don't have any actual real world experience with fighting a dealer over warranty claims, but everything I hear and read always says if they're going to deny you coverage they have to be able to prove the offending part caused the failure. I don't know how a tie rod replacement could cause anything to fail, least of all a drive train.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:14 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

These are great toe links!!! But they use the stock eccentric on the cradle end.

Mark's plates should take all the worry out of your toe alignment slipping!!

Great stuff!!! I got these in Nov last year, and the "tie-rod" type adjustable toe link makes adjusting toe very easy!!:thumbs

Bob

Below is the OE toe link. You can see it's just a solid rod. The entire toe alignment is done with an eccentric washer - it has a very limited range of adjustment, is difficult to make adjustments to toe (especially to fine tune it!), and is susceptible to slippage:

And below is the right rear of my car with the Granatelli adjustable tie-rod type link. At the very left end you can just make out the OE eccentric behind the stabilizer bar bracket. I need to replace that eccentric with Mark's plate:

Last edited by BEZ06; 04-23-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:49 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

LOL. Come on guys. You bit, hook, line and sinker. I was bored and having read all the stupid posts of people asking if non issues will void the warranty I couldn't resist.

As I know several of you that gave a patient response I' m surprised you didn't let me have it with both barrels......

Rick
Old 04-23-2017, 09:12 PM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Love the product but just wondering on this claim - dramatically increases vehicle stability at high speeds.

Toe adjustment is a PITA but I've never had them slip or anything. And surely they aren't slipping constantly.

The heim joints are nice - but is there a significant amount of flex in them?

Last edited by schaibaa; 04-23-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by schaibaa
Love the product but just wondering on this claim - dramatically increases vehicle stability at high speeds.

Toe adjustment is a PITA but I've never had them slip or anything. And surely they aren't slipping constantly.

The heim joints are nice - but is there a significant amount of flex in them?
"Dramatically increases vehicle stability at high speeds" is Granatelli verbiage. That would make sense if your toe was compromised due to slipping eccentrics or improper toe adjustment due to the pita adjustment of the stock tie rods. But if both parts were set properly and identically, I think you'd need to be a better driver than me to feel the difference (and I ain't too bad).

I was initially just going to carry the product, but after talking to MadDog he told me he's had the toe eccentrics slip on his own car, so they can and do move. Reason enough for me to make a simple plate to eliminate that possibility.

The heim joints don't flex, they're solid pieces. Where are your concerned that they would be flexing?
Old 04-24-2017, 05:39 PM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
The heim joints don't flex, they're solid pieces. Where are your concerned that they would be flexing?
OK Thanks -- yeah I agree. I think it's just easier to adjust toe and these will prevent slippage.

As far as flexing, I was trying to help justify the claim of much more stability - thinking the OEM bushings could compress a bit.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:09 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

LOL. Come on guys. You bit, hook, line and sinker. I was bored and having read all the stupid posts of people asking if non issues will void the warranty I couldn't resist.

As I know several of you that gave a patient response I' m surprised you didn't let me have it with both barrels......

Rick

Didn't know your a fisherman? Funny I had to read it a few times over.

Pay back is a bitch
Old 07-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Thanks all you CF members for your support on this product! We're on to our third shipment of parts now from Granatelli, and they'll be arriving Wednesday. Please let me know if I can answer any questions on this or any of our other offerings.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:13 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

How do you adjust the length when it's installed? Just loosen one jam nut and turn the bar itself? Or do you have to disconnect one of the bolts/nuts on one end?
Old 02-05-2018, 12:16 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by spearfish25
How do you adjust the length when it's installed? Just loosen one jam nut and turn the bar itself? Or do you have to disconnect one of the bolts/nuts on one end?
Loosen both jam nuts and it turns just like a normal toe link adjuster you would find up front. A crow's foot and extension makes getting to the outer jam nut easier.
The following users liked this post:
spearfish25 (02-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Bump for to get some folks to follow the link to our new website! I've just ordered 10 more sets of these from Granatelli and have one left on the shelf ready to ship. Also got about 40 sets worth of locking hardware so if anyone needs to add locking hardware to Granatelli links you may already have we can do that too!

Granatelli Adjustable Toe Links

Locking hardware only for toe links

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 03-06-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Now Available - Granatelli Adjustable Toe Links with AMT locking plates

Quick Reply: Now Available - Granatelli Adjustable Toe Links with AMT locking plates