C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

My trunk won't open in my Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM
gutierd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My trunk won't open in my Z

Hey guys, for some reason my trunk won't open in my 2016 Z06. I thought it was the remote but I pressed the trunk button inside the car but nothing. Does anyone have an idea of what to do? If not, I'll just take it to the dealer.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:31 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Does it make any sound whatsoever, like a clunk or a click? If not, then I'd guess the electronic latch has failed. You can try the button back at the license plate, or actually use the key to release it back there.

For what it's worth, automatics must be in Park and for manuals, the PARKING brake must be set.

There's a "glow in the dark" green trunk pull handle inside as well if you really need to get it open.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:39 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Manuals do not need the parking brake set if the car is off.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Can we assume you have battery power in the car? Did you try opening with the fob?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:57 PM
gutierd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Does it make any sound whatsoever, like a clunk or a click? If not, then I'd guess the electronic latch has failed. You can try the button back at the license plate, or actually use the key to release it back there.

For what it's worth, automatics must be in Park and for manuals, the PARKING brake must be set.

There's a "glow in the dark" green trunk pull handle inside as well if you really need to get it open.

Thanks, I was unaware of that button back there. I pushed it and it opened. And now the remote is working again as well as the button inside the car. I'm not sure what the issue was but recently the remote start has started failing at times too. I want my Z to work perfectly always as the car is 5 months old with 5000 miles so I I think I'll just take it to the dealer so they can inspect it better.

Get notified of new replies

To My trunk won't open in my Z

Quick Reply: My trunk won't open in my Z