Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Louisiana guys...where to get alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 04:08 PM
davbrucas
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Louisiana guys...where to get alignment?

I live near Hammond. Where is the best place in the area to get my Z aligned? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:56 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Bring it to Ross downing and tell them what you want done.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:25 AM
cgiff
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by c5racr1
Bring it to Ross downing and tell them what you want done.
If you don't mind driving to Metairie , Clearview Auto has a laser alignment system. Call Charlie Horton 504-321-0274 . You can make an appointment and if all it needs is alignment , it will only take an hour. His shop is one of the best I've ever used. He always has a shop full of vettes. Tell him Craig Gifford told you to call.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:04 PM
davbrucas
Instructor

Originally Posted by cgiff
If you don't mind driving to Metairie , Clearview Auto has a laser alignment system. Call Charlie Horton 504-321-0274 . You can make an appointment and if all it needs is alignment , it will only take an hour. His shop is one of the best I've ever used. He always has a shop full of vettes. Tell him Craig Gifford told you to call.
Awesome. Thank you.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:31 PM
davbrucas
Instructor

Originally Posted by cgiff
i talked to Charlie. He doesn't have the caster tools to align my car but says he's never needed it bc he's never seen a C7 whose caster was out of spec. I know mine is bc the left rear wheel isn't centered in the well. I went ahead and bought the caster tools and I gonna bring the car to him next week.

Makes me wonder if this car has been in an accident before. I bought it with 6k miles and was told it was never wrecked. I'm gonna get pissed if I find out differently.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:46 PM
cgiff
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by davbrucas
i talked to Charlie. He doesn't have the caster tools to align my car but says he's never needed it bc he's never seen a C7 whose caster was out of spec. I know mine is bc the left rear wheel isn't centered in the well. I went ahead and bought the caster tools and I gonna bring the car to him next week.

Makes me wonder if this car has been in an accident before. I bought it with 6k miles and was told it was never wrecked. I'm gonna get pissed if I find out differently.
Wow that's concering. That is the reason to bring it to an independent shop.
Charlie to will tell it like it is. Good or bad.
Good luck with the repair.

Craig
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 AM
wake00
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by davbrucas
I live near Hammond. Where is the best place in the area to get my Z aligned? Thanks.
Pellegrini Performance Group can get you squared away. They have a high end alignment machine and worked on plenty of Vettes. Their collection is also a treat.

https://www.ppgcars.com/

Get notified of new replies

To Louisiana guys...where to get alignment?