C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Grip and tire gap

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 10:44 AM
ISOLDMYC7Z
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Grip and tire gap

Hi Folks,

My c7z is heading into a shop for around 700whp in the next month. I do plan to take it to around 800 next year.

I had just purchased new wheels in stock width, but with different offsets prior to thinking about building the car with additional plans to lower the car.

I'm hoping for some advice. I am running the MPSS run flats in stock sizes currently. I am starting to think about a stickier tire to put down the power in the rear as well as lowering the bolts and car finally (maybe cutting the rear a little).

My dilemma is, should I go with a meatier tire in the back than stock? My thoughts are that a 335/30/20 would be a taller tire and fill out the rear end better Then I could crank down the rear lowering bolts, but not cut any. With that said, does a meatier tire in the rear actually provide anymore grip than just say a stickier tire?

The other option is to cut (rear) and lower the stock bolts. Then just get a MT or Drag radial in stock tire size?

The car is always all over the place as it is.

Thanks for your feedback!!!