C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Terrible paint in hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 09:05 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by mtaylor
The paint has been the only really disappointing part of this car. I have a 17 and have to get driver side fender painted Ihave no idea how they missed that it wasn't completely covered during inspection and the front bumper because the paint is peeling.
They have no paint inspectors at the plant. If they did they would not be shipping some of those cars. I just saw 2 new Z06 and the orange peel was really bad. The sooner they get that new paint shop working the better.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:34 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

The quality of paint on these cars completely justifies the money they're spending on the new paint shop. How the paint looks is literally a hit and miss, luck of the draw deal. Some cars are just fine and others are nothing short of horrendous. There is zero consistency.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:01 PM
flashburn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I took it in to the dealer and they said that GM denied it saying that they believe some sort of cleaning chemical was used inside the hatch and THAT caused the paint to come off. I really am not buying it, and I'm not sure what I can do to fight it. I have the number for GM corporate, so I'll call it later today.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:56 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
So I took it in to the dealer and they said that GM denied it saying that they believe some sort of cleaning chemical was used inside the hatch and THAT caused the paint to come off. I really am not buying it, and I'm not sure what I can do to fight it. I have the number for GM corporate, so I'll call it later today.
That's BS!!! Mines is horrible in the same area.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:17 PM
flashburn
Racer

Originally Posted by 2016 Z06
That's BS!!! Mines is horrible in the same area.
Can you please take a picture and post it here? That'd be very helpful for me to prove them wrong. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:10 PM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,422 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraz8s
No joke, that has been a factory option on most C7s for years.
Huh?

I've seen other complaints on here regarding the same issue. I highly doubt that it was caused by a cleaner.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:43 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

I would bring it to a local Dealer and explain your situation to them. With any luck, maybe they could fix it under the Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Good Luck.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:18 AM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Same issue,its the rubberized coating that came off and the paint just happens to be under it.Dealer fixed.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 AM
flashburn
Racer

Does ANYONE have any pictures that show the same issue I have? I've spent a while searching, and either it's just people saying they have paint issues in the hatch and no pictures or they have pics and it's of different paint issues.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:46 AM
flashburn
Racer

Originally Posted by BOBSZ857
I would bring it to a local Dealer and explain your situation to them. With any luck, maybe they could fix it under the Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Good Luck.
I have, I posted above that they claimed it was caused by a "cleaner". I'm picking up my car today so I'll "speak" with this Service Manager claiming this then. I'm really hoping to have some pictures as ammo proving that this wasn't caused by a cleaner.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:12 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

I have, I posted above that they claimed it was caused by a "cleaner". I'm picking up my car today so I'll "speak" with this Service Manager claiming this then. I'm really hoping to have some pictures as ammo proving that this wasn't caused by a cleaner.
I believe that if you are not happy with the Service Mgr's. response you can file a claim that will go up the GM ladder. Once a claim is filed, someone will be in touch with you. Maybe look into trying this route.

Quick Reply: Terrible paint in hatch?