C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Comp seats vs GT seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Both have pros and cons, but I'm also leaning towards the Competition Seats. Outside of the comfort and fit factor, I like the looks and if you go with the Comp Seats, I suggest trying to pair up the Carbon Fiber dash to match up with the Comp Seats Carbon Fiber trim and Z06 steering wheel trim. I think it all ties together very well.

I do however, like the black/red two-tone color options available only with the GT seats.
The following users liked this post:
_M_ (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Federot
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I have actually owned both and I ordered my current 16 with the GT seats. I bought a 15 off the showroom floor and it had comp seats--I hated them. I dd mine so comfort is very important to me. Especially if you are only doing 2-3 track days a year definitely get the 17 with the GT seats. You will be happy that you did.

BTW I track my car approx. 25-30 days a year and I still prefer the GT's.
Same here. My '14 had comp seats and I always felt like I couldn't adjust the bolsters to a low enough setting to be comfortable. I think it comes down to body type/anatomy. I'm 5'7" and 175 lbs, so it wasn't a weight issue, but I had pressure on my lats even at the lowest bolster setting. A thinner build or a heavier build with less prominent muscle structure will probably find the comp seats very comfortable. I went with the GT seats on my Z06 and am much happier with the fit.

Last edited by Federot; 06-25-2017 at 11:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
_M_ (06-21-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 10:40 PM
mtb996
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got home from a 1500 mile trip through the tail of the dragon into Kentucky (bourbon trail!!), including a 600 mile ride home in the comp seats. I was surprised how incredibly comfortable they were. No issues at all. I'm 6'2", 190lbs. Like others stated try them both, but my experience is very positive on the cooler looking comp seats!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:18 PM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by _M_
Did some searching, but either I'm entering the wrong string for the search or I just can't find any threads.

I'm trying to decide to pick up an existing 17 Z06 or order an 18 Z06. Unfortunately it looks like I would have to wait till October to order the 18. Missed it by a few hours. The only reason I would order the 18 is for the comp seats, well primarily for the comp seats and black calipers.

The 17 is otherwise specd how I would want it, and a great price. For those that have sat in both, do the comp seats offer significantly more support ( I will do maybe 2-3 track days a year)? One other additional thought I had is my wife has sat in the GT seats and thought that they were very comfortable. She is on the short side, like 5'4" and fairly petite, so I am wondering if the comp seats might hit her in shoulders too much?

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

I'm 6' tall and weigh 210 lbs. I work out and have a narrow waist, but wide back and legs. I find the comp seats to be a bit tight through the back and thigh areas even with adjustments. I thought the GT seats were more comfortable. Hope this helps, but as others have suggested, sitting in and driving with both would be the best test.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

The timing on this thread is funny. I had a conversation with a few other Corvette owners this past Friday night at the drag strip and each and every one said that if comfort is important to you stick with the GT seats. Even the C6 Z06 guys are saying the same thing. I guess C6 & C7 seat swapping is kind of popular right now.

Quick Reply: Comp seats vs GT seats