C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 02:57 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hoserdog
I I purchased a larger front splinter, with winglets would that help with the installation?
Maybe!

Do you know what brand and model of splitter you bought?

If you can, post a few pictures of it, including a picture of the underside, and we can go from there.

I do know that I have sold a few to guys who are running the C7Carbon stage 2 splitter, that didn't return them, but they also didn't get back to me on what it took to make them fit.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-22-2017, 04:45 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Easy install Mitch! These look much better than the splitter washers I removed!

Sorry if the image is huge, still trying to find a decent hosting site now that photobucket went full retard.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:18 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
Thats actually a super good question.

The plates themselves are made from 3/8" thick material, so ground clearance reduction is minimal.

Typically, though, total ground clearance is less of an issue, and the thing we really are worried about is the approach angle, (the angle from the front tire contact patch to the tip of the bottom of the splitter)

We work hard to make sure that we provide as much protection as possible, while having the absolute minimal effect on approach angle, and we do this by making sure the plates don't stick out beyond the splitter, and also by putting a pretty good chamfer in the plates, which helps with making sure the plates dont "catch" on cracks or seams in the pavement.

I have never had anyone report that they are scraping anywhere that they didn't before, after installing the plates, and every part of the design of them is geared toward protecting the car, without creating a new problem.

Thanks,
Mitch
Yep I was just thinking over all height not approach angle. I have a stage 1 splitter and most likely will be getting the stage 2 shortly due to a few dents and scratches. This looks like a must have item when I replace it.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 PM
hoserdog
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mitch

Well...I found out why your skidplate would not fit....WRONG front splinter and NO Belly pan...after researching and talking to my service rep at the local dealership... and feeling more than DUH. I ordered everything I needed and expect all will go well when it arrives. Thank you for being understanding and producing a quality product.
The following users liked this post:
ProTEKtMitch (07-27-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 04:53 PM
FF_Z06
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a stage 1 Z06 that I recently upgraded to the Anderson Composite Carbon Fiber Stage 2 front splitter and winglets. Will these skid plates work with this splitter?

https://andersoncomposites.com/produ...orvette-c7-z06

Last edited by FF_Z06; 07-26-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:46 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FF_Z06
I have a stage 1 Z06 that I recently upgraded to the Anderson Composite Carbon Fiber Stage 2 front splitter and winglets. Will these skid plates work with this splitter?

https://andersoncomposites.com/produ...orvette-c7-z06
Can you post a pic of the underside of the splitter?

My parts are designed to fit the factory GM option stage 2 and 3 aero kits, so as long as the Anderson Composite splitter has the same shape, and has a lower surface to attach the plates to, it likely could be made to work.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 07-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Hrlyrdr22
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Sweet.

Mitch you still looking for someone in the LA area with Z07 package? Let me know.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:03 PM
BLUDVEL-Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in this for my Z06. I changed out my stage 1 splitter and installed the OEM style stage 2 front splitter from C7 Carbon. I already know that I don't have any attaching hardware like in the pictures. Do you have that style hardware available that can be included with the splitter protection guard ?
Old 07-30-2017, 02:38 AM
angryBits
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

OMG THANK YOU! Buying this right now!
Old 08-01-2017, 07:28 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BLUDVEL-Z06
I am interested in this for my Z06. I changed out my stage 1 splitter and installed the OEM style stage 2 front splitter from C7 Carbon. I already know that I don't have any attaching hardware like in the pictures. Do you have that style hardware available that can be included with the splitter protection guard ?
Thanks BLUDVEL!

I don't carry hardware that will work with the splitter protectors, as they are set up for a factory #6 sheet metal screw and washer combo, where all of my supplied hardware is 6mm contersunk, so it uses a different type of hole style in the plates themselves.

since you will be drilling your own holes, and doing a little work anyway, my suggestion would be a 1/4" or 6mm button head bolt, with a fender washer and nylock bolt on the inside.

all of this is available at your local hardware store, and should be super cheap, as well. (bolt length should be about 1/2"-3/4", or so....)

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 08-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Mike14
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Skidplates

Based on the good comments in this thread I have just ordered the skidplates for my 2017 GS. Looking forward to receiving and installing.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:10 PM
BLUDVEL-Z06
Advanced

Thanks BLUDVEL!

I don't carry hardware that will work with the splitter protectors, as they are set up for a factory #6 sheet metal screw and washer combo, where all of my supplied hardware is 6mm contersunk, so it uses a different type of hole style in the plates themselves.

since you will be drilling your own holes, and doing a little work anyway, my suggestion would be a 1/4" or 6mm button head bolt, with a fender washer and nylock bolt on the inside.

all of this is available at your local hardware store, and should be super cheap, as well. (bolt length should be about 1/2"-3/4", or so....)

Thanks,
Mitch
Thanks for the response Mitch. I'm not sure I understand.... My stage two splitter that I purchased from C7Carbon already has the holes in it where the splitter protectors would be getting installed. I think if I had the countersunk hardware I could install your kit on my car with no problem unless I'm missing something ? I'm going off of fleming23 post, "post #42" in this thread with his pictures of his protectors installed and my car looks just like his.

Last edited by BLUDVEL-Z06; 08-02-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:33 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Thanks for the response Mitch. I'm not sure I understand.... My stage two splitter that I purchased from C7Carbon already has the holes in it where the splitter protectors would be getting installed. I think if I had the countersunk hardware I could install your kit on my car with no problem unless I'm missing something ? I'm going off of fleming23 post, "post #42" in this thread with his pictures of his protectors installed and my car looks just like his.
Can you take a few pictures of the underside of your car, or the splitter , if you haven't installed it yet, and post them here?

It will help me see a a little better what you are referring to.

BTW, the pic you are referring to is of a car with a factory stage 2 aero kit, and the C7Carbon one is a little different.

Thanks
Mitch
Old 08-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Hooked4Life
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Purchased mine today for my stage2 zo6. Bummer I missed the discount, but looking forward to protecting that splitter every time I roll out of the driveway.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:27 PM
teddycarnut
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

How simple is the installation on the 2017 Grand Sport. Does it show when installed. I am not handy that is why I am asking. Do all the holes line up on my gs. If so I will order a set.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:43 PM
BLUDVEL-Z06
Advanced

Can you take a few pictures of the underside of your car, or the splitter , if you haven't installed it yet, and post them here?

It will help me see a a little better what you are referring to.

BTW, the pic you are referring to is of a car with a factory stage 2 aero kit, and the C7Carbon one is a little different.

Thanks
Mitch
I have already installed the splitter on the car. This is the best picture I could get without putting the car on the lift. The holes I'm talking about are along the bottom front edge of the splitter where I believe the splitter protectors would be installed.
Attached Images   
Old 08-03-2017, 11:55 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by Hooked4Life
Purchased mine today for my stage2 zo6. Bummer I missed the discount, but looking forward to protecting that splitter every time I roll out of the driveway.
How much do these things cost?

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Old 08-04-2017, 02:12 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by robertbruce
How much do these things cost?
They are $195, plus $15 shipping from my website.

http://protektskidplates.com/c7-gs-z06.html

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 08-04-2017, 04:00 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

I have already installed the splitter on the car. This is the best picture I could get without putting the car on the lift. The holes I'm talking about are along the bottom front edge of the splitter where I believe the splitter protectors would be installed.
That looks incredibly similar to the GM unit. You will need to supply your own fasteners and washers, though....

If you decide to buy a kit and try it, I'm offering to refund the full price, ($195) if It doesn't work, and you return the kit undamaged.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 08-04-2017, 04:36 PM
demasterz
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Did anyone try this with ACS front splitter?

Quick Reply: Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!