C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Old 10-12-2017, 05:39 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hoserdog
The ProTEKt Splitter Protection is worth every penny that a person spends. I installed mine along with the ACS Stage 2 Aero package on my 2015 Z, already saved me a bunch of money in repairs. Both great Products....IMHO
@Fleming,

Are you running a different splitter than hoserdog?

Is the shape not quite right for your ACS splitter, or is it something that could solved by drilling some extra holes in the skid plates?

Hoserdog, would it be possible to share with us what was involved in installing the plates ont your ACS parts?

Thanks,
Mitch.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:45 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

I can only assume what he added was the standard front splitter, basically a copy of the GM piece.

What ACS offers is a one piece splitter and under tray. This eliminates all your mounting points. This is the bottom as installed. All this holes you see are to access the mounting points in the splitter and get subsequently covered with included plugs (already installed in the photo). Each plug covers a 2-3" deep hole where the various rivets or screws fasten to the factory mounting points.

As you can see, there are no screws on the leading edge, or anywhere on the bottom side really.

Last edited by fleming23; 10-12-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Are you going to do a version for the C6 ZR1 style front splitter? Sent an email never heard back about this.

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Are you going to do a version for the C6 ZR1 style front splitter? Sent an email never heard back about this.

Thanks.
Hirohawa,

We looked at the C6 ZR1 splitter, and the way it is constructed doesn't allow us to mount a plate to it, so we won't have anything that works with the splitter in place.

We do have a plate kit that will fit, but requires the removal of the splitter to run it., which is super practical, but most of the ZR1 guys want to keep their splitter.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-and-z06.html

As well as a super durable splitter, that will bolt onto the stock splitter mounting holes, but is more of a race/autocross part, as it might not have a refined enough look for a typical street car, as well as being a bit more difficult to install, as in needs some shimming and adjusting to get it just right.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-and-z06.html

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fleming23
I can only assume what he added was the standard front splitter, basically a copy of the GM piece.

What ACS offers is a one piece splitter and under tray. This eliminates all your mounting points. This is the bottom as installed. All this holes you see are to access the mounting points in the splitter and get subsequently covered with included plugs (already installed in the photo). Each plug covers a 2-3" deep hole where the various rivets or screws fasten to the factory mounting points.

As you can see, there are no screws on the leading edge, or anywhere on the bottom side really.

Fleming,

I think he mounted it by drilling new mounting holes in the undertray portion of the splitter, mounted the plates, and then drilled new holes in the plates for access to the fasteners that hold the splitter to the bumper.

Since my parts were originally designed for the OEM parts, I think that there is a little bit of DIY to get them to work with the aftermarket stuff, but I also get it that not everyone is comfortable drilling new holes in a brand new splitter!

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 10-12-2017, 09:29 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

You could definitely drill through, but would be next to impossible to get to the backside for any sort of fastener or jclip. Not sure I would trust a self-tapping or simple screw to stay in for the level of track abuse my car sees, but it would probably be perfectly fine for a street-driven vehicle.

No worries, at some point I will likely have to replace this in the future (if not due to damage from not having your plates) and will take the into consideration with my next splitter.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

You could definitely drill through, but would be next to impossible to get to the backside for any sort of fastener or jclip. Not sure I would trust a self-tapping or simple screw to stay in for the level of track abuse my car sees, but it would probably be perfectly fine for a street-driven vehicle.

No worries, at some point I will likely have to replace this in the future (if not due to damage from not having your plates) and will take the into consideration with my next splitter.
I don't think you would need to use self tapping screws. I would think that the best sequence to do the install would go like this.

1. With the splitter upside down on a workbench or floor, place the skid plates, and drill the holes in the splitter to mount the skid plates.

2. Using bolts, nuts, and large diameter washers, bolt the skid plates to the splitter.

3. Drill the skid plates to match the existing holes in the splitter where needed, so you have access, the same as before the plates were mounted.

4. Install the splitter to the car using the normal procedure.

Not having done an install on the ACS parts myself though, there might be a reason that won't work, that I am not seeing in the pics.

Thanks,
Mitch
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

fleming23,

Were you able to use it? I haven't gotten any return requests lately, so I'm hoping that it worked out for you.

Either way, we offer refund of the full purchase price, if the parts come back in new condition that I can resell.

PM me for return info, if you want.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ProTEKtMitch
fleming23,

Were you able to use it? I haven't gotten any return requests lately, so I'm hoping that it worked out for you.

Either way, we offer refund of the full purchase price, if the parts come back in new condition that I can resell.

PM me for return info, if you want.
Thanks buddy! I was not able to but am holding them as I can just about guarantee I'll be replacing the front splitter again at some point and may go back to a traditional style and will just use them at that point.

Thanks for checking on it though! Unfortunately, my brand new splitter already has a nice scrape on the bottom and the car has not even been driven on the street yet. Not sure if I did it or the detailer did it at his shop but your plates would have prevented it for sure.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:22 AM
gSwift
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Thought i'd drop in and let you know that your splitter protection kit worked perfectly with the Caravaggio Stage 3 front splitter and under tray. Its been on a couple of weeks and has already saved my splitter once.
The following users liked this post:
ProTEKtMitch (02-21-2018)
Old 11-03-2017, 04:37 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gSwift
Thought i'd drop in and let you know that your splitter protection kit worked perfectly with the Caravaggio Stage 3 front splitter and under tray. Its been on a couple of weeks and has already saved my splitter once.
gSwift,

Thanks!

Yea, I feel like that how it goes with this product. You might drive for a couple months without really needing it, but it only takes one hit to ruin the splitter, and then suddenly you are glad they are there to provide some protection.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:02 PM
0ProTEKtMitch
Former Vendor

Guys,

Just a little note that the ProTEKt splitter protectors are now available on Amazon Prime!

Amazon Amazon

Probably not a huge thing for you guys, but to have Amazon warehousing our parts, and doing the fulfillment, is a pretty big step for our little company.
The following users liked this post:
george vee (02-11-2018)
Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 PM
TulsaVette
Safety Car

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey, you owe me a nickel. Congrats Mitch, that is a huge step for a small business.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:08 AM
jabeasley1
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 124 Posts

Not sure if this was covered. Does this kit REQUIRE a skid plate? I had the Stage 1 splitter with NO undertray but ordered the C7 Carbon Stage 2/3 with winglets. Until the aero kit comes in and I can see it personally, I am not sure if the C7 Carbon has a flat bottom on the front splitter itself to attach the protect kit. Does anyone know?
Old 11-18-2017, 11:57 PM
OldViperDriver
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered today through your new Amazon Prime! Congratulations on scoring more exposure. Thanks for producing a much needed product.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Protekt highly recommended. Very professional vendor.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:48 AM
U 4 E A
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Z07 Stage 3 Aero Winglets

Any protection for the Z07 stage 3 winglets yet?

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!

Old 11-22-2017, 02:41 PM
OldViperDriver
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered through Amazon on Sunday. Rec’d shipment today! Cannot wait to pick up Z06 at Museum and get this critical part installed. Thank you for developing!
Old 11-22-2017, 06:36 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,223 Likes on 734 Posts

Black Friday Special ?
Old 11-22-2017, 09:20 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 311 Likes on 210 Posts

Any known good configurations with aftermarket Z06 splitters? I'm on the fence with a stage 2/3 splitter but this could push me into doing it.

Last edited by SnowyATX; 11-24-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing ProTEKt Splitter Protection for the C7 Z06 and Grand Sport!