C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Camber kit and toe link installation cost?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:58 PM
NT4HIM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Camber kit and toe link installation cost?

I recently purchased the AMT front and rear camber kit and adjustable toe links, and the quote I was given from the dealership for their installation seems pretty high. Those that have made these modifications, would you mind sharing what installation charge you paid? It may be worth taking a day off work and taking a road trip to a performance shop.
Thanks!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:33 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

I installed myself but my alignment was done by the hour and ended up being a few hundred dollars.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

I wouldn't have a dealer do the install anyway - a performance shop is really better suited to taking the time to install and align properly. One of our customers said the dealer quoted 20 hours to remove the rear cradle to get rid if the front eccentric bolt. A race shop will chop it with a sawzall in 2 minutes. Where are you located? I may be able to recommend some shops who have done a few of them at this point.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 PM
NT4HIM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
I wouldn't have a dealer do the install anyway - a performance shop is really better suited to taking the time to install and align properly. One of our customers said the dealer quoted 20 hours to remove the rear cradle to get rid if the front eccentric bolt. A race shop will chop it with a sawzall in 2 minutes. Where are you located? I may be able to recommend some shops who have done a few of them at this point.
I'm near Waco, Tx. I approached the dealership first since they are the only ones that have the rear caster tools any where near me.

I've learned to change the oil, bleed brakes, and change the pads out of necessity from hubby not having the time to track prep my car, but that's about the extent of my mechanical knowledge, lol. We don't have our lift installed yet, so I think even if he had the time, it would be a difficult install, no higher than we can currently lift the car.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

Our shop has done a few of the AMT kits and toe bars. Without the ability to look back at recent charges (I'm home). Got another to install next week. I remember just the kit and bars in the 350 range and another 150 to 200 for the stud kit. We cut the front LCA bolts as Mark says with a saws all, must have a high quality blade. Plus alignment, for any flavor your heart desires. It is money well spent! Just this week we found a Z06 lightly tracked car with the right rear toe way out. Obviously movement in the eccentrics. Dangerous and at minimum premature tire wear.

Suggest use the rear UCA stud shims to adjust rear camber and front use the plates. We found this to be easier.
The following users liked this post:
NT4HIM (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:48 PM
NT4HIM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mad Dog 24
Our shop has done a few of the AMT kits and toe bars. Without the ability to look back at recent charges (I'm home). Got another to install next week. I remember just the kit and bars in the 350 range and another 150 to 200 for the stud kit. We cut the front LCA bolts as Mark says with a saws all, must have a high quality blade. Plus alignment, for any flavor your heart desires. It is money well spent! Just this week we found a Z06 lightly tracked car with the right rear toe way out. Obviously movement in the eccentrics. Dangerous and at minimum premature tire wear.

Suggest use the rear UCA stud shims to adjust rear camber and front use the plates. We found this to be easier.
Thanks so much for the reply! Your prices sound much more in line with what I was expecting to pay, so now I know the dealership is overpriced and that I need to make other arrangements. If only your shop was near me! I've only Had the car at the track three times, but the alignment has slipped twice, and yes, it's quite dangerous. I consider this a safety modification.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:27 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by NT4HIM
Thanks so much for the reply! Your prices sound much more in line with what I was expecting to pay, so now I know the dealership is overpriced and that I need to make other arrangements. If only your shop was near me! I've only Had the car at the track three times, but the alignment has slipped twice, and yes, it's quite dangerous. I consider this a safety modification.
I think if you actually talked to somebody from the dealership they would do it at lower cost. Their first cut at it was probably a go away and don't bother us price.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Camber kit and toe link installation cost?

Quick Reply: Camber kit and toe link installation cost?