C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

My first track day (in my own car)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Stp94
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Default My first track day (in my own car)

I was able to partake in a "golden ticket" track day event at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL yesterday and can I say what a treat it was!! My brother-in-law and I went and spent a full 5 hours experiencing just some of what the club has to offer. While I don't think it's feasible at my age and location to pull off a full membership I'm hoping to join via "social membership" sometime this fall. Here are some pics of the experience.
Sorry for the I cropped pics! Site wouldn't upload my cropped pics.

Last edited by Stp94; 06-24-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:31 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Autobahn is super fun. No need for a membership. Just sign up for track days with the various groups that rent the track. MVP Tracktime usually has two events a summer there and they get the full course.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:02 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Any PDR video? I'll be up there this coming weekend to run with Gridlife to do some time trials and want to study up on the track as it will be my first time. From what I've seen, it looks like a pretty fun track. I believe we are running all three configurations, although not sure how they are managing that.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:19 AM
onargaroberts
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Any PDR video? I'll be up there this coming weekend to run with Gridlife to do some time trials and want to study up on the track as it will be my first time. From what I've seen, it looks like a pretty fun track. I believe we are running all three configurations, although not sure how they are managing that.
I've run this track many times in all configurations. Here are lines on the full track.

The following users liked this post:
fleming23 (06-26-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Stp94
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Appreciate the heads up! Still figuring out how this track stuff works. I'll look into the MVP listing u mentioned. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by spearfish25
Autobahn is super fun. No need for a membership. Just sign up for track days with the various groups that rent the track. MVP Tracktime usually has two events a summer there and they get the full course.

Get notified of new replies

To My first track day (in my own car)

Quick Reply: My first track day (in my own car)