C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 ZO6 Awesome Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:52 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by 2017ZO6
What an awesome good looking fast Car GM has made for us! Tremendous performance for 80k and very reliable to say the least!!😀😀😊
How long have you owned your RELIABLE car to make such determination? If you think it's all that why post about doing mods to lessen heat soak ?

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
If you have a good one you would be correct in your appraisal. However a year from now may be a different story from you. I can't say that those with problems would be in agreement about the reliability.

The post comes off as another VETTE nuthugger who has not a clue what some with problems are dealing with. Not like he just got the car and was making the post. One could assume it was posted to incite.
The following users liked this post:
sam90lx (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 07:09 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Hey rbartick - Don't know why you deleted your post I was replying to. You have a tendency to smack down anyone that talks negative about the car. The OP has only had his car a few months and his opinion and praise is not statistically relevant at this point. I think ALL owners of cars a few months old are still in love with the car as it has not been broken in yet. Wait for the months and miles to add up and things may be different. That is the point I am trying to make. Too bad it was lost on you.

Last edited by b4i4getit; 07-06-2017 at 07:11 PM.
DebRedZR1 (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 07:13 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
How long have you owned your RELIABLE car to make such determination? If you think it's all that why post about doing mods to lessen heat soak ?

The post comes off as another VETTE nuthugger who has not a clue what some with problems are dealing with. Not like he just got the car and was making the post. One could assume it was posted to incite.
You saw his thread as well huh, I asked him about the thread he started and I never got a reply.
DebRedZR1 (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Mlcn62
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mjdart
Fantastic car and it flat out hauls ***, tooling along at 80 mph, I punched it and 10 seconds later I've covered a mile in distance and I'm going 170 mph according to the PDR. The Z06, truly is a genuine "super car".

I'm not a fan of chrome rims, but they look good on your car. Helps that I have the same color.
mjdart (07-10-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 08:49 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1

Hey rbartick - Don't know why you deleted your post I was replying to. You have a tendency to smack down anyone that talks negative about the car. The OP has only had his car a few months and his opinion and praise is not statistically relevant at this point. I think ALL owners of cars a few months old are still in love with the car as it has not been broken in yet. Wait for the months and miles to add up and things may be different. That is the point I am trying to make. Too bad it was lost on you.
Neither of you have anything useful to contribute to this thread, or the other massive whining contest of a thread. One of you is a moderator for christ's sake, can we ban you, or take away that title? I guess post count gets you mod privileges these days but what happened to not posting to a thread if you have absolutely nothing useful to contribute? The car is pretty excellent at the price point at which it is sold. There is not another car being sold at this price that can do everything the Z06 is capable of doing with little sacrifice. I've beat the **** out of mine on track and haven't had so much as an issue since March 2016 when I picked it up. GTFO with your nonsense.

Last edited by fleming23; 07-06-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Rsaodom
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlcn1962
I'm not a fan of chrome rims, but they look good on your car. Helps that I have the same color.
Did someone say chrome wheels? Love this car!
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Hmmm.....I've had my C7 for almost 4 years now. I have almost 25,000 miles on my Stingray. I'm still loving this car!

You said above that things MAY be different. They're not different for me. There are other owners who feel just like me too.Your point is made and taken. In the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you would not negaitvely generalize in the C7 Community.
Rsaodom (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 11:23 PM
2017ZO6
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Hello! I have owned my Z since late December of 16. I have 4300 hard miles on it. It is getting even faster and is rock solid reliable. I bought this car for its stout platform and will be modding to 800 HP next year! I am sorry you can't be positive about a world class super car that is affordable at 80k! 😀
Old 07-06-2017, 11:31 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Just trying to keep it real. Have you not read about the problems some people have had or do you selectively ignore them ? The truth is this is a domestic vehicle made for a price. Reliability is not one of its strong points. GM is not at the top of the list for JD Powers.
problems suck,that is why you keep your warranty in tack.that is the smart play.my car needed a new rear end at 250 miles.did I like it hell no,did gm fix it and 5700 miles later and no problems,hell yes.

Last edited by lordofwar; 07-06-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:45 AM
KingPin7869
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mjdart
Fantastic car and it flat out hauls ***, tooling along at 80 mph, I punched it and 10 seconds later I've covered a mile in distance and I'm going 170 mph according to the PDR. The Z06, truly is a genuine "super car".

You may want to check your math on that. If you went 1 mile in 10 seconds, you'd be traveling at 360 mph.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:16 AM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Hmmm.....I've had my C7 for almost 4 years now. I have almost 25,000 miles on my Stingray. I'm still loving this car!

You said above that things MAY be different. They're not different for me. There are other owners who feel just like me too.Your point is made and taken. In the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you would not negaitvely generalize in the C7 Community.
Stingray's are not the subject.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:47 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by rob62
Stingray's are not the subject.
Maybe not the subject of the original post, but certainly were included with the addition of the, unnecessary, subsequent comments. The point those who attempted to pollute this thread were trying to make was in relation to brand reliability (JD Power for example was mentioned) and that after more than a few months the honeymoon phase would fade and the car would develop problems. The Z06 goes down the exact same assembly line as the most basic Stingray, in fact they go down in no particular order, completely mixed in together. So the cheapest Stingray can and should have the exact same quality and reliability issues as the most expensive Z06.

Last edited by fleming23; 07-07-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:09 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Dam those polluting bastards!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:57 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

I've had 8 Corvettes and never had a single problem with any of them and the first was a 1984.

Has there been a single day since the C7 hit the streets that you have not bashed the car, its manufacturer or GM execs. OK, We get it. You are a hater and a troll. You don't like any of the above and guess what Dude, NOBODY CARES!
Old 07-07-2017, 02:12 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
I've had 8 Corvettes and never had a single problem with any of them and the first was a 1984.

Has there been a single day since the C7 hit the streets that you have not bashed the car, its manufacturer or GM execs. OK, We get it. You are a hater and a troll. You don't like any of the above and guess what Dude, NOBODY CARES!
You have had 8 Vettes and just recently found this forum.....
Old 07-07-2017, 02:27 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
You have had 8 Vettes and just recently found this forum.....
I have actually just found forums of any kind in the past 6 months if it makes any difference to you. I found your post rude and quite passive aggressive. I wonder how the moderators feel about someone like you intimidating a new member. Please don't judge me. Thank You.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by punky
I have actually just found forums of any kind in the past 6 months if it makes any difference to you. I found your post rude and quite passive aggressive. I wonder how the moderators feel about someone like you intimidating a new member. Please don't judge me. Thank You.
You need to read rules. Reviewing your post history indicates the same in which you complain. Take the personal
Attacks OFF the Forum.

There are many with problems with the C7s and people getting the run around or losing valuable driving time due to being in the shop. When it happens to one of the don't say nothing bad about my car peeps we can count on hearing the whining.
The following 3 users liked this post by DebRedZR1:
b4i4getit (07-07-2017), Les (07-07-2017), sam90lx (07-07-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6 Awesome Car!!

Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

DebRedZR1 have you considered pulling the lemon law on your car ? I don't know how it works in Michigan but it may be something you can do. Nobody should spend this kind of money or time trying to get a car fixed.

Originally Posted by fleming23
Maybe not the subject of the original post, but certainly were included with the addition of the, unnecessary, subsequent comments. The point those who attempted to pollute this thread were trying to make was in relation to brand reliability (JD Power for example was mentioned) and that after more than a few months the honeymoon phase would fade and the car would develop problems. The Z06 goes down the exact same assembly line as the most basic Stingray, in fact they go down in no particular order, completely mixed in together. So the cheapest Stingray can and should have the exact same quality and reliability issues as the most expensive Z06.
Going down the same assembly line is irrelevant. Your statement about reliability would only be true if they had the same components. The Z06 has a supercharged engine in case you forgot. Sure there are some common parts but the powertrain components are a big part of the reliability index.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 07-07-2017 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 07-09-2017, 02:21 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

DebRedZR1 have you considered pulling the lemon law on your car ? I don't know how it works in Michigan but it may be something you can do. Nobody should spend this kind of money or time trying to get a car fixed.

Going down the same assembly line is irrelevant. Your statement about reliability would only be true if they had the same components. The Z06 has a supercharged engine in case you forgot. Sure there are some common parts but the powertrain components are a big part of the reliability index.
Hoping it's nothing major. Will know more when it goes into the Dealership. So many variables. So many incidents out there that don't give me confidence of a proper fix. I love the car but .....
Old 07-09-2017, 01:17 PM
SLEEKVET
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

Congrats on your car! 3,000 miles on my 2017 and recently went to the track for my first time and ran back to back 11.5 sec @ 123 mph 1/4 mile runs in 100* weather bone stock everything. The Z06 is the best bang for the buck beast, supercar performance and looks. Very difficult keeping it under 90 mph.

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6 Awesome Car!!