C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Official Z06 Problem List

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:30 PM
vet4me45
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by musclesbmf
2015 M7 - worst A/C ever and the cooled seats are a joke to say the least.
I have a 2017 Z06 in La Quinta CA (near Palm Springs) and the A/C keeps us cool as can be at 120 degree outside temps. Seat coolers are about as effective as our 2018 Audi Q5 and our 2015 Cadillac SRX. Don't see much difference.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by vet4me45
I have a 2017 Z06 in La Quinta CA (near Palm Springs) and the A/C keeps us cool as can be at 120 degree outside temps. Seat coolers are about as effective as our 2018 Audi Q5 and our 2015 Cadillac SRX. Don't see much difference.
Biggest problem I have with the cooled seats is remembering to turn them on
The following users liked this post:
Fastmikefree (08-20-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 11:01 AM
westsideburns
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by westsideburns
Dealer called this morning and initially said that the motor tech said this was normal. Then 30 minutes later called back and said the tech would not certify it and sign off on it until he could do a complete inspection. That may be done tomorrow.....
7/10/18 - Dealer called today and said the motor expert "heard" the noise but would not be concerned with it. They "made a note of it" and will send the car home. "If there is an issue in the future" we will look at it again. Basically saying in so many words to drive it until it really breaks and hope at that point it's still under warranty. I don't know whether to be worried or relieved. I really wasn't looking forward to the dealer tearing the motor down, but then again, I'm not at all pleased with having the thing tick loudly for 20 seconds every cold start up. I'm really disappointed that I even have to worry about this from now on, as long as I own this car. It was supposed to be my dream car, once in a lifetime opportunity.
7/23/18 - Took it to a second dealer for another opinion. They said it was the vacuum pump running a diagnostic and the noise could by cycled off and on by turning that pump on and off. I took the car home and the next morning researched the issue. I called the dealer back this past Monday and set up another appointment, basically called bullshit on that answer. It's a very clear valve train tap on cold start. So I'm getting another look on Monday.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:32 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

7/23/18 - Took it to a second dealer for another opinion. They said it was the vacuum pump running a diagnostic and the noise could by cycled off and on by turning that pump on and off. I took the car home and the next morning researched the issue. I called the dealer back this past Monday and set up another appointment, basically called bullshit on that answer. It's a very clear valve train tap on cold start. So I'm getting another look on Monday.
You might start a separate thread on this issue and see if others have had this problem. Might help get info to point the dealer to something specific. Does it sound like its coming from driver side, passenger side, or center?
Old 08-05-2018, 02:15 PM
westsideburns
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems prominent on the drivers side. I had a stand-alone thread on it but somehow it got split apart. I probably screwed up on one of the replies.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:15 PM
duanesZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 264 Likes on 161 Posts

I can report my 18 ZO6 has not had a problem. I have 7,500 miles now, the AC will freeze you out. Have not traked it hard yet, all in all it has been a great car so far very useful Post!
Kenpokev (08-25-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Krazy
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess this is more of a question/inquiry since I’m not sure if it’s actually a problem. Car made a moaning/groaning noise after I shut it down aftera quick ride (about 10 minutes). I googled and only thing I found was this:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-warms-up.html

The situation was different since this wasn’t during warm up, but rather after the car was turned off. I’m guessing it’s from the dry sump system but not sure if it’s even problematic. Was fairly subtle but both my wife and me heard it, lasted maybe 10 seconds.

Many thoughts?
Old 08-20-2018, 04:14 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Dealer called this morning and initially said that the motor tech said this was normal. Then 30 minutes later called back and said the tech would not certify it and sign off on it until he could do a complete inspection. That may be done tomorrow.....
7/10/18 - Dealer called today and said the motor expert "heard" the noise but would not be concerned with it. They "made a note of it" and will send the car home. "If there is an issue in the future" we will look at it again. Basically saying in so many words to drive it until it really breaks and hope at that point it's still under warranty. I don't know whether to be worried or relieved. I really wasn't looking forward to the dealer tearing the motor down, but then again, I'm not at all pleased with having the thing tick loudly for 20 seconds every cold start up. I'm really disappointed that I even have to worry about this from now on, as long as I own this car. It was supposed to be my dream car, once in a lifetime opportunity.
I have the exact same noise when starting the car. My dealer too said this is normal. About the SC rattle, I got mine replaced since it was more pronounced when compared to other Z06. Also, having the SC circuit correctly purged might help a lot and reduce number of those 'noises', but finding someone doing it right is another story...
Old 08-21-2018, 12:29 AM
Dabigsnake
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Seat adjustment memory

Originally Posted by homepukes
2016 Convertible Z: Sometimes the memory seats work sometimes they don't. I'll go out and run errands and shut the car off, open the door and the easy exit works fine for a time or two. Go to the next stop and the easy exit feature doesn't work. Same when I go to start it up: sometimes the seat and steering wheel will move into correct position and sometimes they won't. Haven't had time to take it to the dealer.
I had similar issues w my '15 Z. dealer tech said the problem was related to my iPhone. Reset everything without my phone around, and everything worked fine.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:53 PM
Hotwire25
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Figured I would add to the list. Had a small coolant leak on my entirely stock 17' ZO7. Coming from the very front of the motor, unknown specific area. Took to dealer, they said it was a cracked thermostat housing. Replaced and fixed. Come back home, car smells of coolant when I get out of the car in my garage again. Wait a few days, coolant droplets on the ground again. Will be taking it back next Tuesday as it is a minimal amount of coolant.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:11 AM
Oldfart01
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy
I guess this is more of a question/inquiry since I’m not sure if it’s actually a problem. Car made a moaning/groaning noise after I shut it down after a quick ride (about 10 minutes). Was fairly subtle but both my wife and me heard it, lasted maybe 10 seconds.
Many thoughts?
Try pulling the pedestrian that you hit off of your hood before you put it back in the garage.
The following 2 users liked this post by Oldfart01:
froggy1140 (05-28-2021), Thomasmoto (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 10:27 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default Z06

Originally Posted by oldfart01
try pulling the pedestrian that you hit off of your hood before you put it back in the garage.
rotflmao!
Old 08-29-2018, 10:29 AM
Krazy
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldfart01
Try pulling the pedestrian that you hit off of your hood before you put it back in the garage.
Tried that, noise is still there.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:31 PM
trevor90
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

question, once in a while i smell coolant... what could this mean? i see no leak however
Old 08-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Cyal8r
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

2017 A8 Z07 4900 miles

1. Paint issues on both fenders and front bumper next to the headlights. - both repainted
2. Front bumper paint issue came back - paint touched up
3. Front bumper paint peeling again - pending taking it back
4. Brakes Worn Service Soon warning came on - they said the sensor needed resetting
- They reset and it came back on soon as I left lot. Back in for fix
5. Rattling noise coming from rear hatch - pending them locating the issue
6. Carbon Fiber Dash is starting to warp/unstick - They ordered new dash, pending arrival and replacement

I've owned two C6 and a Stingray before my current Z06. ZERO issues with those
i still love my Z but this is getting silly
Old 08-31-2018, 03:39 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by trevor90
question, once in a while i smell coolant... what could this mean? i see no leak however
Some coolant might have been spilled over the engine during level adjustment. Even if removed with rag, that thing is quiet sticky and smells when engine gets hot. Might be it...
Old 08-31-2018, 11:11 AM
trevor90
Pro

Originally Posted by Cyal8r
2017 A8 Z07 4900 miles

1. Paint issues on both fenders and front bumper next to the headlights. - both repainted
2. Front bumper paint issue came back - paint touched up
3. Front bumper paint peeling again - pending taking it back
4. Brakes Worn Service Soon warning came on - they said the sensor needed resetting
- They reset and it came back on soon as I left lot. Back in for fix
5. Rattling noise coming from rear hatch - pending them locating the issue
6. Carbon Fiber Dash is starting to warp/unstick - They ordered new dash, pending arrival and replacement

I've owned two C6 and a Stingray before my current Z06. ZERO issues with those
i still love my Z but this is getting silly

#4, is not a resetting issue. The sensor is likely cut.

Get notified of new replies

To Official Z06 Problem List

Old 08-31-2018, 11:11 AM
trevor90
Pro

Originally Posted by Fastmikefree
Some coolant might have been spilled over the engine during level adjustment. Even if removed with rag, that thing is quiet sticky and smells when engine gets hot. Might be it...

I'll check, thanks !
Old 09-03-2018, 02:39 PM
2FAST4U
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
2015 Callaway Z06. M7.

Have owned it approx. 2 and 1/2 years. In the first few months, one of the front mag shocks started leaking. It was replaced under warranty - easy in/out of service; took about 45 minutes.

Other than that, car has been bullet-proof. No issues, no squeaks, no rattles. Just basic service - oil changes, one set of new tires.

Car is a blast.
Originally Posted by mowe
2016 M7 - dealer can't help.... it makes my face hurt because of all the smiling that occurs when driving.
Originally Posted by 2017ZO6
It's so fun and fast the C6s can't keep up!
Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
If you OWN or have OWNED a Z06 that experienced more than MINOR issues
Please list year of the car, A8/M7, Z07 package/Stage and your location, Briefly list Issue(s) , if still occuring, dealer resolved ( how many fixes involved) , buyback/ lemoned etc.
Please confine your replies to the Subject and please no bashing. This is an information thread, have requested a sticky so we can monitor issues.

Very important dimension is, do you track, auto cross or the like. Reason being, yes your parts are going bust if you do that. Actual race cars have to change brakes and tires every event, and other things break constantly with drive train abuse.

I have a 2015 Z06 with 2900 miles and no problems, but I also don’t track it. I spirited drive it on weekends if weather is sunny or not raining.

The car is perfectly silent when touring and screams when you’re on it! The Mich Pilot Sports grip nicely from a 10mpg roll, but needs different digs for 0-60 runs.

Last edited by 2FAST4U; 09-03-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Hotwire25
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotwire25
Figured I would add to the list. Had a small coolant leak on my entirely stock 17' ZO7. Coming from the very front of the motor, unknown specific area. Took to dealer, they said it was a cracked thermostat housing. Replaced and fixed. Come back home, car smells of coolant when I get out of the car in my garage again. Wait a few days, coolant droplets on the ground again. Will be taking it back next Tuesday as it is a minimal amount of coolant.
Figured I would update. I ended up having a check valve leaking and a hose clamp that wasn't tight, as well as another hose that needed replacing. Took a week for me to get the car back since parts were on back order.
djnice (09-22-2018)

Quick Reply: Official Z06 Problem List