Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Z06 Problem List

Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 AM
Ekurek

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post
2015 Callaway Z06. M7.

Have owned it approx. 2 and 1/2 years. In the first few months, one of the front mag shocks started leaking. It was replaced under warranty - easy in/out of service; took about 45 minutes.

Other than that, car has been bullet-proof. No issues, no squeaks, no rattles. Just basic service - oil changes, one set of new tires.

Car is a blast.
Hi OnPoint - unless it's an aggressive leak I probably would never know if a new shock was leaking. What occurred to let you know the shock was leaking?
Old 06-29-2019, 02:58 PM
JMatt23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 a8

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
If you OWN or have OWNED a Z06 that experienced more than MINOR issues
Please list year of the car, A8/M7, Z07 package/Stage and your location, Briefly list Issue(s) , if still occuring, dealer resolved ( how many fixes involved) , buyback/ lemoned etc.
Please confine your replies to the Subject and please no bashing. This is an information thread, have requested a sticky so we can monitor issues.
I have a weird clunking noise only when starting from stop or when i slow down to a stop. I dont feel its steering associated because it happens when im not turning as well as turning under the same conditions.

Also have issues with seat coolers turning off after about 10 mins. The light indicators stay on but the cooling function ceases.

Another issue with the radio system head-unit. It lags and sometimes goes “mute” when i have my phone synced on bluetooth and receive alerts from waze. I tried turning the radio off and on and changing sources etc. Wouldnt come back on for like a day.

Does anyone else experience the car kinda jump when putting it into D or M mode from park? Its as if my foot is on the gas instead of the brake when changing gears.

Last edited by JMatt23; 06-29-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:33 PM
bigbudd

Default problem with drag tires.

i have a 2019 zo6 and installed a pair of nitto o5r drag radials 315/35/20. 5 minutes out of the shop and the power steering went out and all the warning lights came on. rear axel t/c brakes etc. the only light that didnt come on was the tpms. took it to chevy and they said i had to put the same size on as the stock one. should i get the mickey thompson 335 25 20? has anyone had a problem like this?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:44 PM
duanesZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 186 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by hemmerman View Post
i have a 2017 corvette zo6 auto 1LZ with Carbon Ceramic brakes. .. something is scoring the inside of the wheel. the stick on wheel weights are gone. leaving scratches in the wheel. moostly in the rrear wheels. OEM wheels. ive had it up on lift with wheels off cant see any evidence of rubbing. anyone else having this issue?
My 2019 ZR1 front rim did the same thing I finally figured it out Little Rock’s were getting trapped between the caliper and the wheel not much we can do about this
Old 07-10-2019, 01:18 PM
usrodeo4

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Well said...like I like to say...Don't sweat the small stuff
Old 07-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Thomasmoto
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 404 Likes on 319 Posts
Default tires

Originally Posted by bigbudd View Post
i have a 2019 zo6 and installed a pair of nitto o5r drag radials 315/35/20. 5 minutes out of the shop and the power steering went out and all the warning lights came on. rear axel t/c brakes etc. the only light that didnt come on was the tpms. took it to chevy and they said i had to put the same size on as the stock one. should i get the mickey thompson 335 25 20? has anyone had a problem like this?
Yes, I have. The 20" Nitto's wouldn't fit on my Z06. The body actually set down on them. They were way too tall. MT isn't producing the 20" drag radials right now and aren't giving any hope for doing so any time ahead. The taller tires sent your car into fits about the tire size difference. I use factory repros in 19X12 and run the 325-30-19 MT's. The Nitto has a 345-30-19 that is a better street tire, but doesn't hook as well as the MT's.
The following users liked this post:
bigbudd (07-12-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 06:20 AM
John Vivid

Originally Posted by mcoberly View Post
2015 Z06 A8/ Z07 3LZ 8.3k Miles

Transmission Replaced under Warranty - 6000 miles
Rear Diff. Replaced Under Warranty. - 6400 miles
Not Fixed yet but Flex Plate making rattling noise. 8300miles
Newest Issue - Brakes Worn Message 8300 Miles.
Hi Mate
what was the reason of the diff being replaced
mine currently once a blue moon displays service rear axle , also have you worked out why it’s displaying worn brakes message with only minimal miles , mine also displays this some times but I have a tone of brakes pad left on my carbon ceramics
cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Z06 Problem List

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: