C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2016 Z06 - AFE CAI, Mamo PTB, Borla X-Pipe pops CEL

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:39 PM
0Terry@BMS
Former Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 135 Posts

Fuel trims are up there... Probably a MAF scaling issue with the intake. As a test put the stock intake back on. If that doesn't throw faults, might be worth buying or borrowing a BMS filter to see if that allows you to squeak under the fault.
The following users liked this post:
C8gman (07-20-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 11:27 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Overscrewed!

There maybe something to 'how tight or loose' the clamps are with the AFE-1 CAI.

On the throttle body clamp you are not going to distort the throttle body. However you can over tighten the other clamps that go on the plastic air tube and the larger SS clamp on the filter end. If you have over tighten as "I" did on both of those clamps you will notice the distortion the next time you take the AFE CAI off; if you look for it.

The larger clamp on the filter end if it is over tighten may or may not affect the MAF reading because its before the sensor, however the one on the plastic air tube next to the throttle body can. Inside of that plastic air tube that connects to the TB on my AFE was a round piece of aluminum tubing to re-enforce that connection. Well mine was 'eggie' so I went and got the same O.D. tube/length (muffler shop) made out of Stainless Steel to replace the weaker aluminum. It's been un-eggie ever since and I learned my lesson, so I did not put the strong arm on those clamps again.

Bottom Line: Don't over tighten the clamps like I did that go on the plastic!

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 07-20-2017 at 12:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by C7/Z06 Man:
C8gman (07-20-2017), dar02081961 (07-20-2017)

Quick Reply: 2016 Z06 - AFE CAI, Mamo PTB, Borla X-Pipe pops CEL