C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Fender Vents Digging into the Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Tim17
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to clarify, those are the part numbers for the carbon flash. I was sent the information today on the part numbers.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:23 AM
Rdubfalco
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I too have paint chipping on the fender. At first I thought I was alone and was willing to accept it, but now that I see others with this issue I will follow along.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:43 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Received 894 Likes on 309 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified

Well, I really hate to say this, but coming up on almost a whole year of believing in and standing by the Corvette brand quality manager at Bowling Green, he has been leading me on all along in telling me just barely enough to appease me each time I had contact with him. Several of you probably have seen many posts from me in support of this guy and saying we need to be patient. Well, after being lied to now by him, I can no longer feel good about standing up for him any more. My last contact was asking for confirmation that the Z06 fender vents were shipped to my local Chevrolet dealer, which he had said prior that he was doing. After several days of trying to get a simple confirmation (which I would have been fine with) I get a snarky email from him saying; "I'm 100% sure the fenders won't rust and it won't get any worse!" I thought to my self, "REALLY", I spend this much money on a C7 Z06 Convertible and this guy leads me on for almost a year, while I believe him and stand up for him in several conversations with fellow Corvette folks with the same problem.

I truly hope, my fellow Zo6 owners, that we get this problem fixed once and for all, but I'll believe it when I see it. Sadly, Mike Furman whom helped me once before told me that this guy at Bowling Green really cares and I believed him because Mike is a really good guy. The sad part is I think Mike may have been lead-on by this guy as well. (The name of the guy has been withheld because Mike asked me not to share it prior and i am a man of my word)

If any of you get the replacement fender vents sent to your dealer, please post here so we can all know when to expect them.

I want my car fixed, but I'm tired of holding my breath!

-GarryL
The following users liked this post:
robertbruce (05-20-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 09:17 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by TUNERZ
Here is what the fender vents look like on my replacement 2019 Z06. Much much better fitment than the 2016.
Thanks for the pics. Can you tell if the new vents have different connecting clips/hardware?
Old 05-20-2018, 08:49 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by GarryL
Well, I really hate to say this, but coming up on almost a whole year of believing in and standing by the Corvette brand quality manager at Bowling Green, he has been leading me on all along in telling me just barely enough to appease me each time I had contact with him. Several of you probably have seen many posts from me in support of this guy and saying we need to be patient. Well, after being lied to now by him, I can no longer feel good about standing up for him any more. My last contact was asking for confirmation that the Z06 fender vents were shipped to my local Chevrolet dealer, which he had said prior that he was doing. After several days of trying to get a simple confirmation (which I would have been fine with) I get a snarky email from him saying; "I'm 100% sure the fenders won't rust and it won't get any worse!" I thought to my self, "REALLY", I spend this much money on a C7 Z06 Convertible and this guy leads me on for almost a year, while I believe him and stand up for him in several conversations with fellow Corvette folks with the same problem.

I truly hope, my fellow Zo6 owners, that we get this problem fixed once and for all, but I'll believe it when I see it. Sadly, Mike Furman whom helped me once before told me that this guy at Bowling Green really cares and I believed him because Mike is a really good guy. The sad part is I think Mike may have been lead-on by this guy as well. (The name of the guy has been withheld because Mike asked me not to share it prior and i am a man of my word)

If any of you get the replacement fender vents sent to your dealer, please post here so we can all know when to expect them.

I want my car fixed, but I'm tired of holding my breath!

-GarryL
I hope everything works out with your car. Keep us posted.
GarryL (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 04:55 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Thanks for the pics. Can you tell if the new vents have different connecting clips/hardware?
Not with out tearing anything part. Just quite a bit more clearance than before without a doubt.

The paint issue was the straw that broke the camels back and got tired of the non sense and filed a complaint with better business bureau. 4 weeks later and several phone calls with GM, they offered me a trade.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:50 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Folks, the newly designed Z06 Fender Vents are now available for your Chevrolet dealers body shop to order from Bowling Green. My warranty replacement vents are at my dealer as of today and my car goes in next week for this issue to finally get resolved. Just wanted to update you all. I will post pics of the new vents when I get the car back.

Cheers,

-Garry
robertbruce (05-22-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Tim17
Cruising

I just received the call from my dealer that the painted front & rear bumper covers and the new appliques are in for my car.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:56 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tim17
I just received the call from my dealer that the painted front & rear bumper covers and the new appliques are in for my car.
Good news! Let us all know how yours turns out!

-Garry
Old 05-23-2018, 02:05 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Good news that these are showing up at dealers. Many of us would appreciate if someone can snap an old vs. new picture before installation so we can see the difference in the parts/clips.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:09 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Good news that these are showing up at dealers. Many of us would appreciate if someone can snap an old vs. new picture before installation so we can see the difference in the parts/clips.
Good idea!
Old 05-23-2018, 04:54 PM
blackbirdws6
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Good info. It won't make anyone feel better but owners of the Demon are having a similar problem with the big hood scoop. The edge of the scoop is digging into and chipping the paint.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:47 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Received 624 Likes on 384 Posts

Anyone have the part numbers for these new appliques?
Old 05-24-2018, 01:52 PM
Tim17
Cruising

The new appliques part numbers are 84505474 & 845475 for the carbon flash.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:28 PM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Update!

I am so beyond frustrated. My dealers body shop ordered and did receive a pair of the new designed fender appliqués for my car, but after setting up my appointment for next week they un-packaged them to inspect them and found one to have many flaws in the paint. They contacted me to let me know that their parts guy was trying to get a replacement. So, I thought, okay, GM Bowling Green should ship another and my appointment should be okay, right? Oh No, the drama & frustration has to continue. They say the only "released" new designed fender appliqués are only in stock at two large Chevy dealers and neither of them will release one for my dealer for my car. I can't believe this is happening!!! I ask them, can't and won't Bowling Green just simply send you another to replace the one with blemishes??? I'm thinking to myself, I have been waiting upwards of a year, been lied to by the GM Corvette brand quality manager and now my dealers body shop is beyond frustrated as well. WTF, this has become a frigging nightmare! I Just Want My Car Fixed, It's That Simple!!!!! This long time Corvette owner is getting really close to just saying "F" it and switching brands and THIS MAKES ME DAMN SAD!! Sorry, my fellow Corvette brothers and sisters, I am tired of being lead-on and lied to about this expensive car I purchased which I'm loosing my love for! Perhaps it's time to contact the BBB and file a complaint. ARGH!
Old 05-24-2018, 10:42 PM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Update!

I am so beyond frustrated. My dealers body shop ordered and did receive a pair of the new designed fender appliqués for my car, but after setting up my appointment for next week they un-packaged them to inspect them and found one to have many flaws in the paint. They contacted me to let me know that their parts guy was trying to get a replacement. So, I thought, okay, GM Bowling Green should ship another and my appointment should be okay, right? Oh No, the drama & frustration has to continue. They say the only "released" new designed fender appliqués are only in stock at two large Chevy dealers and neither of them will release one for my dealer for my car. I can't believe this is happening!!! I ask them, can't and won't Bowling Green just simply send you another to replace the one with blemishes??? I'm thinking to myself, I have been waiting upwards of a year, been lied to by the GM Corvette brand quality manager and now my dealers body shop is beyond frustrated as well. WTF, this has become a frigging nightmare! I Just Want My Car Fixed, It's That Simple!!!!! This long time Corvette owner is getting really close to just saying "F" it and switching brands and THIS MAKES ME DAMN SAD!! Sorry, my fellow Corvette brothers and sisters, I am tired of being lead-on and lied to about this expensive car I purchased which I'm loosing my love for! Perhaps it's time to contact the BBB and file a complaint. ARGH!
Hope everything works out for you and you get your car fixed.
GarryL (05-25-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 11:18 PM
0Tunerz Store
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Update!

I highly suggest you contact the BBB and file your complaint. It took me approximately 4 weeks after my complaint was filed and then I ordered a 2019 on a MSRP to MSRP trade offered by GM.

Last edited by Tunerz Store; 05-24-2018 at 11:19 PM.
GarryL (05-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Fender Vents Digging into the Paint

Old 05-25-2018, 12:16 AM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robertbruce
Hope everything works out for you and you get your car fixed.
Thank you Robert!

-Garry
robertbruce (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 12:18 AM
GarryL
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TUNERZ
I highly suggest you contact the BBB and file your complaint. It took me approximately 4 weeks after my complaint was filed and then I ordered a 2019 on a MSRP to MSRP trade offered by GM.
Thank you TUNERZ, I am certainly thinking of doing just that. Was the offer on your MSRP the original sticker or was it the used book value? Was it straight forward to file with the BBB?

-Garry
Old 05-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Thank you TUNERZ, I am certainly thinking of doing just that. Was the offer on your MSRP the original sticker or was it the used book value? Was it straight forward to file with the BBB?

-Garry
Send an email to Mary Barra. Executive customer service will contact you in a few days and should get things done quickly

Quick Reply: Fender Vents Digging into the Paint