C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

{ * AKRAPOVIC * EXHAUST * } They are back in the US and available with FREE SHIPPING!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:56 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default { * AKRAPOVIC * EXHAUST * } They are back in the US and available with FREE SHIPPING!

Most C7 systems available to ship right away. C6 systems will have a lead time.

As shipments and production come up there should be less and less lead time. Tips are not currently available for sale as an individual part, as they had some counterfeit products going around using their tips. The C6 system can be used on any manual C6 car. Send us an Email or PM for details on how.

Follow us on Facebook for specials and new products!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER AND FOR COMPANY BIO!

Checkout all our C7 exhaust systems here!

C7 Axle-Back

C7 Axle-Back

C7 Cat-Back

C7 Cat-Back

C6 Axle-Back

C6 Axle-Back
Old 08-13-2017, 12:23 PM
TOPSPOT
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Is the Titanium Evolution system back for good or is this a limited run?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:30 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT
Is the Titanium Evolution system back for good or is this a limited run?
They are fiercely protective of their brand and products. Last time around they had a lot of nonsense going on, so they pulled out of the US. Now they are controlling the supply channel but if they can't keep suppliers inline and representing their brand well, then they could pull out again. Right now it is here to stay, but that can always change.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:33 PM
TOPSPOT
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WildVettes
They are fiercely protective of their brand and products. Last time around they had a lot of nonsense going on, so they pulled out of the US. Now they are controlling the supply channel but if they can't keep suppliers inline and representing their brand well, then they could pull out again. Right now it is here to stay, but that can always change.
Good to know, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:43 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Maybe one day
Old 08-13-2017, 06:04 PM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm seriously considering purchasing the Akra exhaust. I'm going to pass on the Evolution/full system because I already changed my header/x-pipe. I'm not sure I'd pay $1,000 plus for the Akra titanium x-pipe for the weight difference.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:07 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by LAYNLOW
I'm seriously considering purchasing the Akra exhaust. I'm going to pass on the Evolution/full system because I already changed my header/x-pipe. I'm not sure I'd pay $1,000 plus for the Akra titanium x-pipe for the weight difference.
I would also only run the axle back due to wanting headers. For those wanting to keep the manifolds it is a good option. I could get one on the way to me tomorrow for you.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 AM
topmover
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm a little confused, are you saying that the "titanium" system(not the stainless system) that had been discontinued in the US for the C6 is now available for the C6(with a order delay) and also available for the C7 in titanium?

If so what is the weight savings for the C7 non NPP axle back?

Cat back?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2017, 11:23 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by topmover
I'm a little confused, are you saying that the "titanium" system(not the stainless system) that had been discontinued in the US for the C6 is now available for the C6(with a order delay) and also available for the C7 in titanium?

If so what is the weight savings for the C7 non NPP axle back?

Cat back?

Thanks
Everything that is available in the US is on my website. Each system has a weight savings, HP increase, and Torque increase in the listing. The C6 is currently only stainless and C7 is only titanium.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:24 AM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Terrific. A few questions: Are you now the US distributor? What has changed that now allows us again to purchase new Evolution units? My understanding was that EPA law changes prohibited the import of the Evolution system due to the fact it did away with the secondary cats.

Are you planning on running any sales or specials on these items?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Torquem
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

So is there not a system for the A8 Z06's?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:32 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by bob53
Terrific. A few questions: Are you now the US distributor? What has changed that now allows us again to purchase new Evolution units? My understanding was that EPA law changes prohibited the import of the Evolution system due to the fact it did away with the secondary cats.

Are you planning on running any sales or specials on these items?
No one of my warehouse suppliers is the distributor. They had to go through a 7 hour training before being able to list the products and had to notify sellers or certain practices Akrapovic isn't fond of, like selling tips individually.

I was told the issue was distribution. There are currently evolution systems sitting in PA and NV warehouses so if the EPA was an issue they wouldn't be here. MANY companies sell long tubes headers in the US without cats and the EPA hasn't shut any of them down.

Due to the nature of the Company and the fact that they have used the terms in their MAP policy that doesn't allow me to sell below retail in any manner discounted aside from a cash deal with no receipt I won't be running any "sales" and getting black listed from distribution. I am sure they will be watching the US closely. What I probably will do is offer discounted headers with them but that is about it.

This is one of the lowest profit lines we have even at MAP anyway so there isn't a huge incentive to discount a system to make a couple bucks off a $2500-$5000 exhaust system.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:37 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Torquem
So is there not a system for the A8 Z06's?
It doesn't say just manual in it. Unless I missed that. To my knowledge C7s have no difference in manual versus auto exhaust. The C6Z system is a different story. That exhaust was only designed for 3" manual cars so it will only fit on manual base cars running OEM LS7 manifolds or a set of Z06 long tubes.

C7s have base exhaust with AFM valves that sit behind the mufflers. Z06s don't have these valves. A Z06 exhaust is otherwise identical to a base and AFM valve Sims would be all that was needed to to run the Z exhaust on the base.

If a base doesn't have NPP then they would purchase the system that includes the NPP retrofit control box and then supply two of their own NPP valves. They could either be purchased used or new online at a cost of about $270 each.

Last edited by WildVettes; 08-14-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:54 PM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

This is great news! Don't know when I'm going to do the exhaust but when I do I want an Akra. Was worried that I wouldn't be able to get one.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To { * AKRAPOVIC * EXHAUST * } They are back in the US and available with FREE SHIPPING!

Quick Reply: { * AKRAPOVIC * EXHAUST * } They are back in the US and available with FREE SHIPPING!