C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

PDR not opening

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Bbacon
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default PDR not opening

Anybody had this issue ? Pressing on icon, you can hear an audible click and it doesn't open. Two days ago it was fine. Also just lost blue tooth connectivity. Not the phone as it connects in my BMW.

2017 Z
Old 09-09-2017, 09:16 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

I don't think the PDR opens, at least not on my 2015.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:34 PM
breakskeet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

I know someone else that had this problem. Took a trip to the dealership and a new dash unit to fix it.

Hope yours is not as serious.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Bbacon
Advanced

Originally Posted by breakskeet
I know someone else that had this problem. Took a trip to the dealership and a new dash unit to fix it.

Hope yours is not as serious.

Ouch! Restarted car ( like re booting lap top?)and couldn't link another phone either. PDR was fine a week ago.

I ll post what happens after dealer visit.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:26 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

I had to have a new SD card reader installed. Also learned that they suggest you not use a mini-SD card that slots into the regular size card. Frank
Old 09-22-2017, 12:53 PM
rw99
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bbacon
Ouch! Restarted car ( like re booting lap top?)and couldn't link another phone either. PDR was fine a week ago.

I ll post what happens after dealer visit.
What was the outcome?
Old 09-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Bbacon
Advanced

Originally Posted by rw99
What was the outcome?
Dealer needs to start pulling things out of the dash. Told them to hold for now. Winter project....
Old 09-23-2017, 08:45 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

You arent speaking of the screen allowing you access to the center area are you?
Old 09-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Bbacon
Advanced

Originally Posted by AllFlash
You arent speaking of the screen allowing you access to the center area are you?
Yes. Push the icon on main screen and nothing happens. They need to pull dash apart to diagnose. Not outpatient surgery .

Worked fine a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

When you stop to consider how many things are electronically controlled on these cars it's somewhat amazing that they work as dependably as they usually do. Sometimes, just like an iPhone or iPad or laptop, they just need a "cold" reboot to let all the electrons once again find their way through those myriad number of connections and processors.

But, sometimes, even a cold reboot is not enough. When those circumstances arise, all electrical power must be removed from the system for 20 seconds or more in order to be certain the system is given a chance to reorient all of its components and pathways and memories in order to hopefully once again work properly. When I say all power, I mean that you may want to disconnect and then reconnect the negative battery terminal.

Even on a B747 or a newer B787, when a problem on the ground just won't go away or self correct, the best trouble shooting solution is sometimes to shut everything down, turn off the battery switch for anywhere from 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then start everything up again for one more try. If the system in question is powered by the hot battery bus it might be necessary to pull the relevant cb's so the system truly is "cold."

Airplane mechanics in this "electronic era" long ago learned that swapping out or replacing system components or black boxes is often an expensive and time consuming way to accomplish what otherwise might have been done with a simple total cold reboot. Don't even ask about Airbus electronics gremlins...

Anyway, it's always worth considering, especially when the warranty is gone or the car needs to be towed somewhere because of a potential electronic glitch.

Last edited by B747VET; 09-26-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Bbacon
Advanced

Originally Posted by B747VET
When you stop to consider how many things are electronically controlled on these cars it's somewhat amazing that they work as dependably as they usually do. Sometimes, just like an iPhone or iPad or laptop, they just need a "cold" reboot to let all the electrons once again find their way through those myriad number of connections and processors.

But, sometimes, even a cold reboot is not enough. When those circumstances arise, all electrical power must be removed from the system for 20 seconds or more in order to be certain the system is given a chance to reorient all of its components and pathways and memories in order to hopefully once again work properly. When I say all power, I mean that you may want to disconnect and then reconnect the negative battery terminal.

Even on a B747 or a newer B787, when a problem on the ground just won't go away or self correct, the best trouble shooting solution is sometimes to shut everything down, turn off the battery switch for anywhere from 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then start everything up again for one more try. If the system in question is powered by the hot battery bus it might be necessary to pull the relevant cb's so the system truly is "cold."

Airplane mechanics in this "electronic era" long ago learned that swapping out or replacing system components or black boxes is often an expensive and time consuming way to accomplish what otherwise might have been done with a simple total cold reboot. Don't even ask about Airbus electronics gremlins...

Anyway, it's always worth considering, especially when the warranty is gone or the car needs to be towed somewhere because of a potential electronic glitch.

I ll give it a try. Tks

Get notified of new replies

To PDR not opening

Quick Reply: PDR not opening