C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

'16 Z06 A8 vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by RIRENTERC6
They were not able to work on it today. So I'm in a loaner car.
Please make sure they check the wheel hubs/bearings for any movement or clicking/popping noises while it's up in the air. The 12:00-6:00 push and pull should tell them if there is any noise or movement. It would be very subtle. I still think this might be the issue. I've had mine checked and rebalanced by 3 different dealers. They also checked for bent rims. That's not the issue. At least it isn't for me. Thx!
The following users liked this post:
bigjohn2 (10-11-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 10:44 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
Please make sure they check the wheel hubs/bearings for any movement or clicking/popping noises while it's up in the air. The 12:00-6:00 push and pull should tell them if there is any noise or movement. It would be very subtle. I still think this might be the issue. I've had mine checked and rebalanced by 3 different dealers. They also checked for bent rims. That's not the issue. At least it isn't for me. Thx!

Interesting you mention "clicking". As I'm driving up my works spiral garage, I can hear a clicking sound as I'm turning. I noticed it this morning because I left my window open. I only hear the clicking sound when I'm turning. I'll call the advisor tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:46 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Interesting you mention "clicking". As I'm driving up my works spiral garage, I can hear a clicking sound as I'm turning. I noticed it this morning because I left my window open. I only hear the clicking sound when I'm turning. I'll call the advisor tomorrow.
Just trying to help. This is what the forum is for. We all get to help each other. Please let us know how it goes. I hope they figure it out for you
3 Z06ZR1 (10-02-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I had the same issue on the my wifes C7 GS and it was bent wheel. I did a road force balance and moved the biggest offenders to the passenger side and it was near perfect. I did not feel GM would do anything for me since it took 6 months to notice it as the car was never driven by me on smooth enough roads to feel it. Plus it truly could have been the crappy LA roads and pot holes.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:23 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

So, still very upset. Tech decided I should pay for wheels to be balanced. So I did. Vibration is still there. I’m ready to dump this car off a bridge. Going to make another appointment on Monday.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:39 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

So, still very upset. Tech decided I should pay for wheels to be balanced. So I did. Vibration is still there. I’m ready to dump this car off a bridge. Going to make another appointment on Monday.
Do you have a buddy you can swap wheels/tires for a short time to make a run on the freeway?
Old 09-29-2017, 07:00 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I have a similar condition on my 16Z06. Mine is actually the torque tube, flexplate and bearings in the TT. The parts are on back order right now.
My 2017 is ice smooth and I feel lucky hope this gets ironed out!
Old 09-29-2017, 02:45 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by 383vett
Do you have a buddy you can swap wheels/tires for a short time to make a run on the freeway?
Sadly I do not. I need to join a local corvette club.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:46 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I have a similar condition on my 16Z06. Mine is actually the torque tube, flexplate and bearings in the TT. The parts are on back order right now.
Any luck getting the parts?
Old 12-15-2017, 02:32 PM
DadS
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '16 Z06 and have the same problem. Just had the TC replaced and green belt installed. Have you determined the cause?
Old 12-16-2017, 06:37 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by DadS
I have a '16 Z06 and have the same problem. Just had the TC replaced and green belt installed. Have you determined the cause?
Since its been almost 3 mos. from last post I guess:A-He got it fixed,B-Drove it off a bridge,C-Its been doing so good he hasn't had time to respond 'cause he's out driving the hell out of it before it breaks again!
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by madrob2020
Since its been almost 3 mos. from last post I guess:A-He got it fixed,B-Drove it off a bridge,C-Its been doing so good he hasn't had time to respond 'cause he's out driving the hell out of it before it breaks again!
So far they have replace the following:TCBelt tensioner and belt ( fixed V4 warble)Rear wheel hubs (bearings)I still have the vibration. The dealer finally gave up and told me it had to be a bent wheel. Not covered under warranty.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:08 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

So now I'm curious. Did you figure out which wheel it was? Did you replace it yet? Is it all better? Did replacing wheel not work & dealer still made you pay for new wheel? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 12-16-2017, 07:12 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by madrob2020
So now I'm curious. Did you figure out which wheel it was? Did you replace it yet? Is it all better? Did replacing wheel not work & dealer still made you pay for new wheel? Inquiring minds want to know!
Have not repaired it. Just living with it for now. Will probably order two rear wheels early feb. Christmas gets enpenssive.
madrob2020 (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 03:39 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Have not repaired it. Just living with it for now. Will probably order two rear wheels early feb. Christmas gets enpenssive.
you need to take that up the chain. call GM Mary Barra's office. that's not acceptable. if selling dealer, have them slap a wheel and tire on the car and prove it's a bent wheel or bad tire.. don't let them off the hook. some of these guys just hope you get beat down enough and go away.. or go lemon law with the car. check your local lemon law guidelines then reach out to a lemon law attorney.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:04 PM
DadS
Cruising

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
you need to take that up the chain. call GM Mary Barra's office. that's not acceptable. if selling dealer, have them slap a wheel and tire on the car and prove it's a bent wheel or bad tire.. don't let them off the hook. some of these guys just hope you get beat down enough and go away.. or go lemon law with the car. check your local lemon law guidelines then reach out to a lemon law attorney.
I’ve had both rear rims repaired, all wheels balanced, torque converter repacked and now they are telling me it’s the tires that should be changed, but they still have tread left. I’m not buying it!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:27 PM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Originally Posted by DadS
I’ve had both rear rims repaired, all wheels balanced, torque converter repacked and now they are telling me it’s the tires that should be changed, but they still have tread left. I’m not buying it!
This is really why I’m holding off on the wheels. I don’t think is going to fix it. Then I’m really going to hate GM. House of wheels has a good deal for 2 rear wheels but I don’t believe it will fix the issue. I’ll just try to enjoy my $100k car as much as I can. Will definitely be my last Vette. Quality in my opinion is terrible. Seems the more sophisticated they get, the more issues they have or come about.

Get notified of new replies

To '16 Z06 A8 vibration

Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 PM
DadS
Cruising

When it comes time for new tires and an alignment that will be the point when all the excuses are eliminated and they will have to find the problem once and for all. Like you said it’s just enough to be annoying. The car is still a phenomenal value.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:51 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

This is really why I’m holding off on the wheels. I don’t think is going to fix it. Then I’m really going to hate GM. House of wheels has a good deal for 2 rear wheels but I don’t believe it will fix the issue. I’ll just try to enjoy my $100k car as much as I can. Will definitely be my last Vette. Quality in my opinion is terrible. Seems the more sophisticated they get, the more issues they have or come about.
Where are you located? There might be a forum member in your area that would be willing to lend you a wheel/tire set for a test drive. It's important to fill out your info so others know where you are.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:20 AM
RIRENTERC6
Instructor

Spoke to discount tire and continental yesterday. They are giving me 50% off a new set of rear tires. I complained about vibration and they offered up a simple solution. Replace the tires. Should be in next week. My rears are at 6/32, so I’m a few months away from new tires anyways. I rather sink money into tires than wheels at this point. I’ll keep you all posted on the outcome.
Pro Street (12-22-2017)

Quick Reply: '16 Z06 A8 vibration