C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Meth injection / pulley kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 09:17 PM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Meth injection / pulley kit

Looking for a shop that does meth injection near Peoria IL within 300 miles or so? Any place that you worked with that you highly recommend? had the Lingenfelter 15% pulley kit and halltech induction installed on my 2018 Z Auto. Dyno Tuned for 93 , (595 whp). About what I expected but maybe 20-25 below average? TQ was 650.So im still hungry for more power while sticking to "bolt ons" Car has 900 miles on it. Stock exhaust. Feeling like I should go for the meth kit next. So looking to add meth now. Where should I go? The shop that did the pulley install and tune doesn't do methanol installs. Looking for a shop within 300 miles of Peoria Il that won't wreck my new Z. Thanks in advance for your comments/ advise.

Last edited by SUNRISE1; 09-20-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-21-2017, 09:06 AM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Let me rephrase the question. Where do I find a list on this Corvette forum of reputable shops in my area?
Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 AM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, IL.
They have been working on our Vette's since 2004. All of them mid to low 10 second cars.

Ask for Tom the owner. Tell him Jack. S sent you.

Good luck!

http://www.speedinc.com/
Old 09-21-2017, 09:52 AM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Speed Inc. does not do meth injection. Any other suggestions? What about black dog trying to find more information on them North Chicago
Old 09-21-2017, 11:55 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

You could always ship it to us.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:58 AM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

I don't know anything about Black Dog other than they're located in Lincolnshire, IL.
Like I said, I wouldn't go anywhere other than Speed.

Last edited by LAYNLOW; 09-21-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:06 PM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Thanks Laynlow. But Like I said, Speed doesn't have the techs to do meth injection. Not sure why they never got into it but I think they are missing the 8 ball on that one!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:53 PM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

If Speed won't do, I don't want it. I don't believe it has anything to do with the Speed Inc. techs. They are by far some of the best in the midwest, no question.
Be safe!

Originally Posted by SUNRISE1
Thanks Laynlow. But Like I said, Speed doesn't have the techs to do meth injection. Not sure why they never got into it but I think they are missing the 8 ball on that one!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 PM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

Now that's definitely shortsighted and selling yourself short. I had meth installed on my 2014 c7 and it is a great bang for your buck. Anyone who says cooling the IAT s is a bad idea is misinformed. I'm not knocking speed Inc. they have done work for me in the past and They just did my pulley installation in fact but I would never sell myself short by saying oh speed won't do it it ..must be a bad thing or I don't want it if speed won't do it ??that's ridiculous. I'm sorry to say I completely disagree. ECS installed my last meth injection and it was flawless. The power gain was fanominal! Unfortunately they are clear in NJ . It worked out last time because I had a planned trip to NY. I own a roofing company , I don't install slate roofs, does that mean Slate is a bad idea? Hell no , I just don't install it. It's still a great product and makes sense for certain applications. If someone told me that if Sunrise Roofing doesn't do it then I don't want it then they might be selling themselves short. There are plenty of good companies that do install slate! Should I get trained and pursue it? Yes I should ! Should a million dollar house that was a great candidate for slate not install it just because sunrise doesn't do it hell no. Find someone who does! Cheers!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

If it's a normal AlkyControl meth kit, just install it yourself. It's really not that difficult...
Old 09-21-2017, 07:23 PM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

How about this. . . Looks like Washington, IL is 2/3 hour from Great Lakes Dragway & Byron Dragway. Let us know when your car is done and we'll meet you there.
Good luck with your build!

Now that's definitely shortsighted and selling yourself short. I had meth installed on my 2014 c7 and it is a great bang for your buck. Anyone who says cooling the IAT s is a bad idea is misinformed. I'm not knocking speed Inc. they have done work for me in the past and They just did my pulley installation in fact but I would never sell myself short by saying oh speed won't do it it ..must be a bad thing or I don't want it if speed won't do it ??that's ridiculous. I'm sorry to say I completely disagree. ECS installed my last meth injection and it was flawless. The power gain was fanominal! Unfortunately they are clear in NJ . It worked out last time because I had a planned trip to NY. I own a roofing company , I don't install slate roofs, does that mean Slate is a bad idea? Hell no , I just don't install it. It's still a great product and makes sense for certain applications. If someone told me that if Sunrise Roofing doesn't do it then I don't want it then they might be selling themselves short. There are plenty of good companies that do install slate! Should I get trained and pursue it? Yes I should ! Should a million dollar house that was a great candidate for slate not install it just because sunrise doesn't do it hell no. Find someone who does! Cheers!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 PM
SUNRISE1
Instructor

I would prefer to pay people to do it for me. Is there a list of reputable shops or sponsors on this forum? My mobile app on my phone isn't showing me a whole lot. I freaking love this Z by the way! I've been fortunate enough to own two new Corvettes in the last four years pretty awesome !!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:44 AM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

I would prefer to pay people to do it for me. Is there a list of reputable shops or sponsors on this forum? My mobile app on my phone isn't showing me a whole lot. I freaking love this Z by the way! I've been fortunate enough to own two new Corvettes in the last four years pretty awesome !!

Get notified of new replies

To Meth injection / pulley kit

Quick Reply: Meth injection / pulley kit