C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z07 - Missing my stage 2 front lip deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 04:34 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Default Z07 - Missing my stage 2 front lip deflectors

Just picked up my car and I found the front license plate bracket, battery charger, caliper covers, and some sort of plastic trim pieces.

I'm guessing the trim pieces are for when the stage 2 deflectors are installed.

The car had the stage 3 setup on it when I purchased it.

I contacted my salesperson and they're going to get back to me.

I have the Carbon Fiber Visible package but was wondering... Should the stage 2 deflectors I receive be in Carbon Flash or exposed Carbon Fiber???

Thanks.
Attached Images    

Last edited by cyi1; 09-21-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:42 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Flash or exposed, should match the rest of your splitter whether it is flash or exposed.
Don't lose the styrofoam, they are for your carbon ceramic brake protection.
The following users liked this post:
cyi1 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:44 PM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jaden61
Flash or exposed, should match the rest of your splitter whether it is flash or exposed.
Don't lose the styrofoam, they are for your carbon ceramic brake protection.
Thanks. I'll be expecting exposed stage 2 end pieces.

The stage 3 pieces are always carbon flash though, correct?
Old 09-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,733 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Your Z06 Coupe looks AWESOME!
cyi1 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:26 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Received 624 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by cyi1
Thanks. I'll be expecting exposed stage 2 end pieces.

The stage 3 pieces are always carbon flash though, correct?
That is correct. Stage 3 is always carbon flash regardless of what your lip is.

I am curious what the plastic trim pieces you have are though..
Old 09-21-2017, 07:25 PM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JAYNO20
That is correct. Stage 3 is always carbon flash regardless of what your lip is.

I am curious what the plastic trim pieces you have are though..
Yea for a sec I thought I got the brake cooling ducts but it's definitely not those.... they don't have any part # stamped on them and no sticker on the bag
Old 09-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

The Z07 cars are delivered to the dealer with the Stage 2 end caps installed on the front splitter. The dealer is supposed to install the Stage 3 end caps and throw the Stage 2 end caps in the trunk.

It is hard to see what those plastic pieces are but they look like air deflectors. Especially the one in the middle of your picture. I have had my original air deflectors on and off my 15 Z several times. I can see the spots on it where it is bolted to the lower control arm. Just not sure whether they are the race ducts or the standard ducts that are usually delivered on the car with the race ducts in the trunk. Maybe the dealer installed your race ducts for you and these parts are the take off air deflectors.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 09-21-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:51 AM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

MacMulkin to the rescue...

Dealership that sold me the vette seems like they're low volume so I called MacMulkin to verify that I should have the stage 2 deflectors. The gentleman I spoke to confirmed it and told me to get back to him if my dealership won't send me a pair.
After the dealership manager said they did not have them and couldn't help me, I called MacMulkin back and the guy said he had an extra pair and would send it to me. All I had to do is pay shipping.

No wonder these guys get very high reviews.
jeffjob (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 01:05 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The Z07 cars are delivered to the dealer with the Stage 2 end caps installed on the front splitter. The dealer is supposed to install the Stage 3 end caps and throw the Stage 2 end caps in the trunk.

It is hard to see what those plastic pieces are but they look like air deflectors. Especially the one in the middle of your picture. I have had my original air deflectors on and off my 15 Z several times. I can see the spots on it where it is bolted to the lower control arm. Just not sure whether they are the race ducts or the standard ducts that are usually delivered on the car with the race ducts in the trunk. Maybe the dealer installed your race ducts for you and these parts are the take off air deflectors.

Bill
100% WRONG information. The front splitter and the end caps are shipped to the dealer separate and the end caps are not installed on the splitter. The dealer installs the small end caps to the splitter.

As part of the PDI the dealer installs the splitter on all Z06's and installs the small end caps on the front splitter if the Z06 has the Z07 package.

The dealer DOES NOT install the large end caps and does not throw the small end caps in the trunk. IN FACT, the PDI says throw the large end caps and the clear rear spoiler bridge in the trunk(in a round about way).

From the 2017 PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION FORM.......

" Exterior-(RPO CFZ, Performance Package-carbon fiber). DO NOT install the larger front end caps for the front fascia's lower splitter and the clear bridge for the rear spoiler. These parts are intended for track events only and should be installed by the customer."

The PDI is very clear as to what is to be installed by the dealer, and what is to be installed by the customer.

https://service.gm.com/pdiforms/PDF/...20Corvette.pdf

Last edited by JoesC5; 09-22-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:09 PM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Yea I was under the impression that this was the case.

Dealer gets car with no aero.
They install stage 2 aero.
Stage 3 deflectors and rear wicker is given to owner of vehicle as optional track pieces.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:24 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

The plastic pieces are the street brake cooling deflectors, which means your dealer must have removed them and installed the track cooling ducts. I am not sure why they would have done that. You should have the instructions in the zip bag that shows what they installed.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:34 PM
HorsePowerObsessed
Drifting

Received 624 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by djnice
The plastic pieces are the street brake cooling deflectors, which means your dealer must have removed them and installed the track cooling ducts. I am not sure why they would have done that. You should have the instructions in the zip bag that shows what they installed.
Are those something for the newer Z06's?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:37 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

I think the additional brake cooling came out on 2017's. I installed my kit a couple months ago for the track days. Probably just leave it on all the time. The intake tube hangs down in front of the front control arm and scoops air into the brakes.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
100% WRONG information. The front splitter and the end caps are shipped to the dealer separate and the end caps are not installed on the splitter. The dealer installs the small end caps to the splitter.

As part of the PDI the dealer installs the splitter on all Z06's and installs the small end caps on the front splitter if the Z06 has the Z07 package.

The dealer DOES NOT install the large end caps and does not throw the small end caps in the trunk. IN FACT, the PDI says throw the large end caps and the clear rear spoiler bridge in the trunk(in a round about way).

" Exterior-(RPO CFZ, Performance Package-carbon fiber). DO NOT install the larger front end caps for the front fascia's lower splitter and the clear bridge for the rear spoiler. These parts are intended for track events only and should be installed by the customer."

The PDI is very clear as to what is to be installed by the dealer, and what is to be installed by the customer.

It doesn't really matter whether they come in the mail separately or in the car when it gets shipped from the factory as far as the Customer is concerned they come with the car. It really doesn't matter what tune the band on the Titanic was playing.

They may have changed the PDI for 2017 or they may not have. Every dealer I went to that had a 15 or 16 Z07 on their floor had the Stage 3 End Caps installed on the car along with the center section of the rear spoiler. When they did that they were supposed to throw the Stage 2 End Caps in the back of the car.

I purchased my Z07 on 11/30/15 and it had the Stage 3 Aero installed when I went to look at it on the show room floor. It had been sitting there for a couple of months. Here are some pictures I took while waiting on the paper work to be complete:

Notice Stage 3 Aero is installed.

When I got the car home I was going through the OM and the Window Sticker and the pile of parts in the back of the car. There were two things missing. One was the Battery Protection Package and the other was the Stage 2 End Caps. The dealer sent me the battery charger the next day but the End Caps became a bone of contention and I had to call in GM Customer Service to get it resolved. First, the dealer sent me another set of Stage 3 End Caps and when I said they were the wrong ones and sent him a picture of the correct caps he told me wasn't going to supply me a $2K part as the Stage 2 End Caps were Take Aways as far as he was concerned. As it turns out the Stage 2 End Caps only come with the complete front spoiler not as separate pieces. Once GM Customer Service got involved the matter was quickly resolved and I now have a complete front spoiler with the Stage 2 End Caps installed sitting in plastic wrappings in my garage as I type this.

I do know from personal experience those Stage 2 End Caps are installed on the Splitter before it leaves the factory.

Here are two pictures of my spare Stage 2 front spoiler with its GM plastic shipping wrappings sitting in my garage.

Bill
Old 09-22-2017, 03:59 PM
cdh027
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts

On my 2018, both the street and track air deflectors were in the back hatch area when the car came off the truck. The dealer installed the street ones and left the tracks ones in the back.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:10 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

I was missing my stage 2 winglets too, car was delivered in full stage 3, called my dealer and they are sending me the stage 2
Old 09-22-2017, 07:22 PM
cyi1
Drifting

2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by hcvone
I was missing my stage 2 winglets too, car was delivered in full stage 3, called my dealer and they are sending me the stage 2
Mine said they couldn't do anything for me, but MacMulkin came through. Very nice saleperson there took the time to help me out.

Get notified of new replies

To Z07 - Missing my stage 2 front lip deflectors

Old 09-22-2017, 08:01 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by cyi1
Mine said they couldn't do anything for me, but MacMulkin came through. Very nice saleperson there took the time to help me out.
Not sure f this helps, but my '18 ZO6 came off the truck as they all do with none of the front or side aero parts installed. I have the Level 3 Aero, and my Dealer asked me when my car came in whether I wanted Level 2 or Level 3 installed on the car, and I chose the Level 3. In the hatch in separate bags were the Level 2 End Caps, the Brake Cooling Duct kit with backing plates, front License Plate Bracket and a small funnel. The front End Caps and rear Wicker take just a few minutes to swap out whenever you care to.
cyi1 (09-22-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Del the Grand Sport
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have an extra set of Stage II, Exposed Carbon Fiber, Deflector End Caps they would like to sell. I have damage to my right end cap and do not want to buy the entire spoiler set up form GM just for one end cap. 251-680-3377..

Last edited by Del the Grand Sport; 11-01-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:54 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5

I guess that depends on the Dealer. When my '18 came in, they asked me which Aero I wanted installed on the car (the side ground effects and front splitter are not installed for shipping, the Dealer installs them) I asked for all Level 3, they put the large end caps and clear bridge on the car, and the brake duct kit, funnel and the Level 2 end caps were all in factory packaging when I picked the car up.
Side note, I think Bill Dearborn may be right, those brackets definitely don't look like any of the brake duct parts I have with mine.

Quick Reply: Z07 - Missing my stage 2 front lip deflectors