C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

BMS Drop-In Filter Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry@BMS
Glad to hear it! Several hundred of these out in the wild now and we've only had a handful of customers who had code issues. So I think we hit the fine line between increased performance and having to retune the car.
Just ordered mine! I can't stand the thought of leaving even 1 horse on the table.

Last edited by Crushinator; 07-15-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Glad to hear it! Several hundred of these out in the wild now and we've only had a handful of customers who had code issues. So I think we hit the fine line between increased performance and having to retune the car.
I have yet to do WOT yet so i don't know if there's any SOTP feel!!

I will definitely update this thread when i do
Old 07-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Installed mine after work yesterday evening but didn't get a chance to drive it until today. I still can't really hammer on it yet as I'm still under 500 miles, but the instant throttle
response was enough to make it well work the $89. That throttle "lag" you get from the factory is terrible, which I thought would require a ported throttle body to remedy, but
from what I felt, it's been completely eliminated. You stab the gas and the car instantly surges! No CEL, but like I said, I haven't gone WOT yet.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:18 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

I just posted this in the other thread on BMS filters but I thought I would do so again here.

After reading many of these posts I decided to buy the $89 BMS air filter which I received in May. Since then, however, I decided not to install it (may go for the new factory unit) so I have no need for it. If anyone wants it, I will sell it for $50 plus shipping. The original packaging is long gone--just have the filter itself. I also have the invoice from Burger and can photograph the filter if someone wants more assurances that this is the real thing. PM me if you have an interest. --Bob

Edit: This has been sold--Thanks--Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 08-01-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:52 PM
TEECEE
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

JUST popped mine in. Going to start up and take a rip in a sec. PLEASE no codes!!
Old 10-05-2018, 01:56 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Originally Posted by TEECEE
JUST popped mine in. Going to start up and take a rip in a sec. PLEASE no codes!!
I put about 1200 miles since I made my last post in this thread and I have all big 3 mods and zero codes. All good here!!
Old 10-05-2018, 02:00 PM
0Terry@BMS
Former Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by TEECEE
lol, if you get a code at startup it's just from unplugging the MAF sensor with the ECU awake.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 03:42 PM
TEECEE
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Took a nice 30 mile rip. 55 degrees out. Perfect day. ZERO issues. And I truly do think I felt a difference. Nice clean smoother SNAP upon take off in my A8 Z. Worth every cent!
The following users liked this post:
Vegas1500 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 07:56 PM
mjdart
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 161 Posts

Installed the BMS filter last week and finally drove the car yesterday, I am really impressed, it's so obvious the car has more power. I grew up driving on icy roads in Rochester NY and I take great pride in my soft steering touch I use to control a fast car when it gets loose. My Z06, when launched hard in sport mode would break a little loose, but was always easy to bring back in. With this new drop in filter, it stepped up the horsepower another full notch. I had a big grin on my face as I actually felt like I was back on ice, the car is that much quicker. Best $90 I've spent in a long time, now I gotta find that young guys in the tweaked Hell Cat that gave me a good run, this inexpensive upgrade will open the gap up even further. Also, very easy to install.

Cars, Art, & Coffee Ft Lauderdale
Old 10-08-2018, 08:12 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by mjdart
Installed the BMS filter last week and finally drove the car yesterday, I am really impressed, it's so obvious the car has more power. I grew up driving on icy roads in Rochester NY and I take great pride in my soft steering touch I use to control a fast car when it gets loose. My Z06, when launched hard in sport mode would break a little loose, but was always easy to bring back in. With this new drop in filter, it stepped up the horsepower another full notch. I had a big grin on my face as I actually felt like I was back on ice, the car is that much quicker. Best $90 I've spent in a long time, now I gotta find that young guys in the tweaked Hell Cat that gave me a good run, this inexpensive upgrade will open the gap up even further. Also, very easy to install.

Cars, Art, & Coffee Ft Lauderdale
That is good to hear as I am looking at pulling the trigger for this filter and I have already ordered a Mamo ported TB. Rest of my efforts will go towards lightening and handling improvements. Loving my '19 M7 so far.... Your car is stunning!

I am up in Gainesville, but sometimes get down your way. Perhaps we can get together at C&C sometime....
Old 10-08-2018, 08:35 PM
mjdart
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by NineVettes
That is good to hear as I am looking at pulling the trigger for this filter and I have already ordered a Mamo ported TB. Rest of my efforts will go towards lightening and handling improvements. Loving my '19 M7 so far.... Your car is stunning!

I am up in Gainesville, but sometimes get down your way. Perhaps we can get together at C&C sometime....
Yeah and your Z06 looks pretty spectacular as well! I'm very pleased with the BMS with the cooler air this fall in Gainesville your engine will love it as well.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:23 AM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Put the BMS filter on my car a couple weeks ago along with a Mamo TB and an x-pipe. Also did the newest software flash that eliminates any possibility of throwing the P0106 code. Mine is a 2017 A8 and it runs like a damn beast now. Don't have access to a dyno, but there definitely has to be some kind of hp increase with these mods because you can really tell the difference.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Jetsco
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, if you get a code at startup it's just from unplugging the MAF sensor with the ECU awake.
so I just installed mine on my 2019 Z06 and check engine light came on... anyone have any thoughts?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:45 PM
0Terry@BMS
Former Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetsco

so I just installed mine on my 2019 Z06 and check engine light came on... anyone have any thoughts?
You forgot to lock doors and hide key before installing, and the ECU was awake when you unplugged the MAF sensor. Code will clear itself after a day or so, or use an OBDII tool to delete it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Terry@BMS:
TBF (01-06-2019), Z0HS1CK (10-12-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 10:13 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetsco

did you cleared the cod yet? I have a 19 on order, and was wondering if the are more sensitive to CFM change.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Jetsco
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
did you cleared the cod yet? I have a 19 on order, and was wondering if the are more sensitive to CFM change.
I did, it was absolutely from the ECU being awake when I unplugged the MAF. All I did was disconnect the battery for 5 mins and code cleared!

Quick Reply: BMS Drop-In Filter Impressions