C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The legendary StreetSpeed717 C7 Z06 has arrived at Katech

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 09-29-2017, 03:53 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

After seeing that hackjob of a install, you should change its name to the Shitspeed717
Old 09-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 711 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
Definitely nothing legendary about him or his car.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
I would love to have his monthly YouTube ad revenue. It's an insane number.
Most of his lead ins are click bait...Ive watched a couple of episodes where the actual video has nothing to do with the teaser. Couple that with the fact he can hardly complete a sentence without multiple strings of profanity and it leaves something that older guys like myself have zero desire to watch.

Great on him for making money...too bad he has to act like a tool to do it (assuming that's not his real persona).
Old 09-29-2017, 02:22 PM
Katech_Zach

Old 09-29-2017, 05:15 PM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkbyteLT4
After seeing that hackjob of a install
Unbelievable anyone would leave RTV like that in the snout, especially after polishing the inside. lol.........
Old 10-01-2017, 03:01 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I would leave the Fore kit in other than that no surprise with all of the stuff wrong with it. Look forward to seeing it at M1 sometime.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:52 AM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

The diff is going to have broken spider gears, no surprise there on a c7
Old 10-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

LOL @ all the haters.

If any of you guys would or could do what he can do, you'd do it. Youtube pays him big money that the videos and cars he has, is paid for by youtube so all he has to do is continue to make videos.

I do agree he is the MASTER of the clickbait titles but hey, that is what gets the views. The views is what makes his channel grow. And thus making him money.

I do also agree going from a 2016 yellow Z to a 2017 yellow Z is kinda dumb, even though he did get the auto, i think he's purposely trolling everyone. I mean youtube did pay for the car lol. And he has a ZR1 on order so....

I hate to say it but i kinda smell jealousy in this thread lol. I'm subscribed to his channel but i don't watch every video, especially if it's a clickbait video. I'll fast foward and notice all he does is talk about what's not in the title. That's annoying.
The following 4 users liked this post by Z0HS1CK:
B's Z06 (10-08-2017), Detoxx03 (10-01-2017), LT4CMG (10-01-2017), richvegas (10-02-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Dethred
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
Definitely nothing legendary about him or his car.
Hey, if you can convince half a million people that at age 21 you bought a house, and a couple cars with cash doing nothing but being a financial advisor and beating the best hedge funds on the stock market... you're a legend. A legendary what? I'm pretty sure liar, but it's his choice.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Dethred
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
LOL @ all the haters.

If any of you guys would or could do what he can do, you'd do it. Youtube pays him big money that the videos and cars he has, is paid for by youtube so all he has to do is continue to make videos.

I do agree he is the MASTER of the clickbait titles but hey, that is what gets the views. The views is what makes his channel grow. And thus making him money.

I do also agree going from a 2016 yellow Z to a 2017 yellow Z is kinda dumb, even though he did get the auto, i think he's purposely trolling everyone. I mean youtube did pay for the car lol. And he has a ZR1 on order so....

I hate to say it but i kinda smell jealousy in this thread lol. I'm subscribed to his channel but i don't watch every video, especially if it's a clickbait video. I'll fast foward and notice all he does is talk about what's not in the title. That's annoying.
Some of us just aren't that gullible. He had a Hellcat when his channel had less than 50k subs and he was still having to promote his videos in comments section of other popular clickbait channels like Vehicle Virgins (who also says he paid for his Lamborghini and M5 tutoring kids in college, but it turned out his dad is a billionaire).

There's a reason that all the lifestyle video blogger douchebag kids channels end up getting popular: They start off with an expensive car and claim they earned it (which is just pathetic). Channels like Engineering Explained are more than twice as popular and since they aren't trust fund babies, they have realistic cars. Youtube doesn't pay that much, it certainly didn't when they had >100k subs, and it pays about half of what it did a couple years ago.

Last edited by Dethred; 10-01-2017 at 08:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ajrothm (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 09:11 AM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

One thing for sure, the vettes are getting him paid! Bravo GM
Old 10-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Katech_Zach

Old 10-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Most of his lead ins are click bait...Ive watched a couple of episodes where the actual video has nothing to do with the teaser. Couple that with the fact he can hardly complete a sentence without multiple strings of profanity and it leaves something that older guys like myself have zero desire to watch.

Great on him for making money...too bad he has to act like a tool to do it (assuming that's not his real persona).

I'm a younger guy and I find his videos unwatchable, but that's probably because of I'm too ADD. I've clicked on multiple videos of his over the years with an interesting title, only to presented with a 30 minute video of rambling and nothing related to the title. Maybe he gets around to the point of the video eventually, but I'll never know. What were we talking about again?
Old 10-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Originally Posted by Dethred
Some of us just aren't that gullible. He had a Hellcat when his channel had less than 50k subs and he was still having to promote his videos in comments section of other popular clickbait channels like Vehicle Virgins (who also says he paid for his Lamborghini and M5 tutoring kids in college, but it turned out his dad is a billionaire).

There's a reason that all the lifestyle video blogger douchebag kids channels end up getting popular: They start off with an expensive car and claim they earned it (which is just pathetic). Channels like Engineering Explained are more than twice as popular and since they aren't trust fund babies, they have realistic cars. Youtube doesn't pay that much, it certainly didn't when they had >100k subs, and it pays about half of what it did a couple years ago.
My former co-worker's sister is the girlfriend of the youtube star "smosh". Youtube does pay better than what people think. It's not only the views, because anyone can just sit there and keep refreshing their browser, adding to the view count. There's an actual algorithm of how these youtuber's get paid. Not every youtuber gets the same pay, even if their subscribers are the same amount (or a certain video has the same amount of views etc).

You're right though, if it wasn't for the heavy clickbait habit, he probably wouldn't have that much views in his videos. But don't forget the fact that because of his channel, A LOT of others have copied his style. That is also taken into the algorithm for how his channel is compensated.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 10-02-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Z06Shark
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

keep us posted Jason!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:10 AM
WzUpDoc
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
Jason, you mentioned in the video that you will be installing your stage III Cam which You state is the Lingenfelter GT 35 Cam. You further mentioned that this cam has been tested on your spintron( I have followed that thread also ). You further state that the valvetrain will be stable way above redline. Do you estimate how far above redline it will be stable. Do you reset the Rev limiter. And now that you have the engine apart did you consider changing out the connecting rods to accommodate a higher redline or do you feel the powder forged connecting rods are adequate. Have you considered Lingenfelter GT 31 cam and doing a spintron analysis of it. I enjoy your threads and videos. Keep up the good work. The more detail the better as I hope to follow your lead. In addition I would like to put the TVS 2650 on top of the LT4 engine when it becomes available. Perhaps the ZR1 engine will have a similar configuration?

Get notified of new replies

To The legendary StreetSpeed717 C7 Z06 has arrived at Katech

Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by WzUpDoc
Jason, you mentioned in the video that you will be installing your stage III Cam which You state is the Lingenfelter GT 35 Cam. You further mentioned that this cam has been tested on your spintron( I have followed that thread also ). You further state that the valvetrain will be stable way above redline. Do you estimate how far above redline it will be stable. Do you reset the Rev limiter. And now that you have the engine apart did you consider changing out the connecting rods to accommodate a higher redline or do you feel the powder forged connecting rods are adequate. Have you considered Lingenfelter GT 31 cam and doing a spintron analysis of it. I enjoy your threads and videos. Keep up the good work. The more detail the better as I hope to follow your lead. In addition I would like to put the TVS 2650 on top of the LT4 engine when it becomes available. Perhaps the ZR1 engine will have a similar configuration?
For those just tuning in, the thread on the Katech/LPE LT4 Spintron test collaboration can be found here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lity-test.html
The bounce plot shows the exhaust valve crossing our .020" bogey at around 7600rpm. The intake touched it at 7200, but smoothed out past that.

We set the redline to 7000. The connecting rods are fine at that rpm and we do not intend on increasing redline any further.

Thank you for the praise and feedback on the posts and videos.
The following 2 users liked this post by Katech_Zach:
ajrothm (10-03-2017), WzUpDoc (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 09:38 AM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Jason thanks for the video documentation on the build. Interesting to watch, also nice insight into how Katech does builds. Very solid!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:41 AM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Guns
I'm a younger guy and I find his videos unwatchable, but that's probably because of I'm too ADD. I've clicked on multiple videos of his over the years with an interesting title, only to presented with a 30 minute video of rambling and nothing related to the title. Maybe he gets around to the point of the video eventually, but I'll never know. What were we talking about again?
I agree with you 100%.....I'm not younger and I can't handle the click bait bull crap and all the fake teasers. Rambling on and making videos too long is a big issue. Advertisers need to know that people that have the money to spend don't waste time watching a 30 minute video of a guy talking but not saying anything. Maybe some 14-16 year old kid riding the bus to school can do it, but what is his disposable income and spending potential??

Keep the videos full of info, entertaining and edit them correctly with a max run time of 5 to 7 minutes each. Just because he has a lot of views and he's making some good revenue doesn't mean it is a win for the advertisers.

If you can't get your point across in less than 7 minutes, I don't need to here it.

Quick Reply: The legendary StreetSpeed717 C7 Z06 has arrived at Katech