Anyone using Eibach Lowering bolts?? (Z07) - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


C7 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Eibach Lowering bolts?? (Z07)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #1
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default Anyone using Eibach Lowering bolts?? (Z07)

I've been searching and reading anything and everything on lowering a Z07. I definitely need aftermarket lowering bolts since the stocks don't lower enough and I don't want to drop 3k+ on the LG spindles.

Came across an Instagram Z07 owner and asked him what he's lowered on. Said he's on Eibach and his buddy also. They have 8-10k miles with no issues. It's also not turned to the lowest setting and the stance looks like how I want mine.

Anyone else use these? I hear the stories about the WCC rubber bushing ripping apart within few months to a year and also heard of the pfadt bolts breaking at the joint.

Here's a pic of his stance

I don't see a listing for 2015+ Z06 but all the other aftermarket bolts say the same C6 bolts fit all C6 and c7 models so these should work, correct?

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/eib...oaAry8EALw_wcB
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
phantasms
Fuseblock.com
Support Corvetteforum!
 
phantasms's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2003
Location: Brewster NewYork Vehicle: 2015 C7 Z06 Z07 VIN: 1G1YT2X67F5600027 Favorite Dinosaur: Saltopus
Posts: 4,514
Thanked 352 Times in 211 Posts
Default

I have no answers for you but as someone with a Z07 that has a serious rake I'm very interested in where this thread goes.

Best,
Gene
phantasms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #3
musclesbmf
CF Senior Member
 
musclesbmf's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 514
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Much easier to just cut the bushings/pads on the stock bolts. Every aftermarket lowering bolt uses cheap "urethane" end caps that eventually brake and the metal on metal sound is annoying. The best bolts were the hardbar bolts but those aren't made anymore.

Mark
musclesbmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #4
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesbmf View Post
Much easier to just cut the bushings/pads on the stock bolts. Every aftermarket lowering bolt uses cheap "urethane" end caps that eventually brake and the metal on metal sound is annoying. The best bolts were the hardbar bolts but those aren't made anymore.

Mark
I'm going to give these a try. Spoke to Eibach and they're same for C6/C7. I've used a lot of Eibach products in the past and they've always been good. Never had an issue and customer service has always been great. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyi1 For This Useful Post:
richvegas (10-05-2017), Z06Samuel (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 05:27 AM   #5
Z06Samuel
CF Senior Member
 
Z06Samuel's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Bay Area, DubCity Ca
Posts: 918
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyi1 View Post
I'm going to give these a try. Spoke to Eibach and they're same for C6/C7. I've used a lot of Eibach products in the past and they've always been good. Never had an issue and customer service has always been great. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Z06Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
EMINENT 1
CF Senior Member
 
EMINENT 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Somewhere in Dallas TX
Posts: 1,718
Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Those look exactly the same as all the other ones.
I actually got the Zip ones that are advertised to have a convex shape so they don't separate and crack. While that may be true, haven't looked at them since I removed them, they still creak going over speed bumps or anything higher than a 1". Annoying.
EMINENT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:43 PM   #7
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor
 
MerakiAutoworks's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 4,588
Thanked 168 Times in 158 Posts
Default

Interested to see how it turns out.

-Josh
MerakiAutoworks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #8
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Bolts are here. They look like every other lowering bolt

I go in for my 500mi oil change this week, but I think I'll wait until closer to 1500mi break-in period to install these.

Will update you guys once they're in.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by cyi1; 10-10-2017 at 01:59 PM.
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #9
JackTripper
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
JackTripper's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,867
Thanked 347 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Good luck. They look like the same cheesy bolts that failed on me that forced me to buy the LG spindles.
JackTripper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #10
EMINENT 1
CF Senior Member
 
EMINENT 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Somewhere in Dallas TX
Posts: 1,718
Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTripper View Post
Good luck. They look like the same cheesy bolts that failed on me that forced me to buy the LG spindles.

Same here. I agree with others. Might as well just cut bushings so they don't creak.
EMINENT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #11
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMINENT 1 View Post
Same here. I agree with others. Might as well just cut bushings so they don't creak.
I heard the cut bushings eventually wear down and creak over bumps also. Is this not true?

Vengeance wants $540 to install lowering bolts + alignment. They want the same price to cut the stock lowering bolt bushings, lower, and align.

Trying to figure out the best route to take.
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #12
EMINENT 1
CF Senior Member
 
EMINENT 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Somewhere in Dallas TX
Posts: 1,718
Thanked 79 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyi1 View Post
I heard the cut bushings eventually wear down and creak over bumps also. Is this not true?

Vengeance wants $540 to install lowering bolts + alignment. They want the same price to cut the stock lowering bolt bushings, lower, and align.

Trying to figure out the best route to take.
Sounds about right. I'd cut bushings if you just want it low and don't care about ride. It will suffer.
Personally, if I had to do it over again, i'd save and get the drop spindles. Just saying. As you're probably lowering the life of your shocks too and those things aren't cheap.
If I didn't care about the mag ride, and storing leaf springs away, I would've gone coil overs.

Last edited by EMINENT 1; 10-12-2017 at 03:47 PM.
EMINENT 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #13
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMINENT 1 View Post
Sounds about right. I'd cut bushings if you just want it low and don't care about ride. It will suffer.
Personally, if I had to do it over again, i'd save and get the drop spindles. Just saying. As you're probably lowering the life of your shocks too and those things aren't cheap.
If I didn't care about the mag ride, and storing leaf springs away, I would've gone coil overs.
making me second guess lowering, but the 4x4 look needs to go.... I'm waiting until 1500 miles to do anything though so maybe I'll just end up getting the LG spindles by then
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #14
Ltrain925
CF Senior Member
 
Ltrain925's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Posts: 839
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyi1 View Post
making me second guess lowering, but the 4x4 look needs to go.... I'm waiting until 1500 miles to do anything though so maybe I'll just end up getting the LG spindles by then
i bought my LG drop spindles for my z07 used and saved a little, lowering my car all the way on stock bolts which didn't do anything for the rear and maybe 3/8ths for the front did make my rid more noticeably stiff, a non-z07 might not have this issues since its a softer ride so anyone that calls BS( and people have) really can't speak unless they have a z07. I do I noticed it firmer and dropping the car on lowering bolts I couldn't imagine how stiff it would be. I would get the spindles from personal experience.
Ltrain925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #15
Howdie
Junior Member
 
Howdie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: Beaumont Alberta
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My experience FWIW
I have a Z07 that I lowered on stock bolts. I noticed it took a while to settle, I also think that the car has settled over the first 1500 miles of ownership, so it does not look sky high like it did new. I got maybe 1/2" in the front, and 1/8th to 1/4 in the back (didn't measure). But it does look better, not as low as the picture above though. I didn't notice a firmer ride, in fact this car pleasantly surprises me with the ride quality in Tour. That's just me. If you replace the stock bolts with aftermarket, that, I suspect, impacts ride quality.
Howdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #16
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdie View Post
My experience FWIW
I have a Z07 that I lowered on stock bolts. I noticed it took a while to settle, I also think that the car has settled over the first 1500 miles of ownership, so it does not look sky high like it did new. I got maybe 1/2" in the front, and 1/8th to 1/4 in the back (didn't measure). But it does look better, not as low as the picture above though. I didn't notice a firmer ride, in fact this car pleasantly surprises me with the ride quality in Tour. That's just me. If you replace the stock bolts with aftermarket, that, I suspect, impacts ride quality.
Is your car making any noises over bumps? I might just cut my stock lowering bolt bushings if that's better than switching to an aftermarket bolt with urethane bushing.

Are there any cases of cut stock bolts that caused suspension noise?
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #17
Howdie
Junior Member
 
Howdie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: Beaumont Alberta
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyi1 View Post
Is your car making any noises over bumps? I might just cut my stock lowering bolt bushings if that's better than switching to an aftermarket bolt with urethane bushing.

Are there any cases of cut stock bolts that caused suspension noise?
No, no weird noises for me.
Howdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #18
cyi1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cyi1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 981
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdie View Post
No, no weird noises for me.
Great. I'm back to square one where I have no idea what to do lol
cyi1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:46 AM   #19
gymdoc
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 122
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I lowered my z07 on stock.. after a few weeks it started to creak in the rear.. then it got worse to the point that I thought I had a loose tie rod or something but I didn't have the time to dig into it and kept using the car and surprisingly it started to go away.. and finally its totally gone. The whole thing lasted about a month and its all good now.


gymdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #20
cdh027
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Posts: 181
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymdoc View Post
I lowered my z07 on stock.. after a few weeks it started to creak in the rear.. then it got worse to the point that I thought I had a loose tie rod or something but I didn't have the time to dig into it and kept using the car and surprisingly it started to go away.. and finally its totally gone. The whole thing lasted about a month and its all good now.



There is a chance that the noise was your lower control arms grinding a groove in your spring. Once it dug enough material out, it no longer made noise.
cdh027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Anyone using Eibach Lowering bolts?? (Z07)
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Difference in Summits HB vs the ATI? Ohshift C6 Corvette General Discussion 15 04-24-2017 01:08 PM
    FS: GM Water Pump GM Part#89018052 BungBlaster C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 3 12-13-2016 09:31 AM
    Koni 2100 FSD shocks(Gold) like new c5wolf C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted 12 12-10-2016 06:53 PM
    Eibach 0-2" lowering kit Nemx735 C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted 1 09-10-2016 07:44 PM
    Need header back exhaust for 1985 C4 BlueTwoToneCorvette C4 Tech/Performance 8 08-04-2016 08:20 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: