C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Splitter Winglets Bolts - Caravaggio Customer Service Beware

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

Default Splitter Winglets Bolts - Caravaggio Customer Service Beware

Does anyone have the GM part # for the four bolts that attach the stage 2 winglets on the front splitter?

Long story short, I bought Caravaggio splitter, skirts, and door sills (big purchase, at least for me).

The Carbon is quite nice, but the bolts attached to the winglets rusted within a few weeks. I contacted John and he said he'll send new bolts out immediately. 2 months passed and no bolts, contacted again via e-mail and their web page, no response. Called again and he apologized again, said to text him...no new bolts. Texted one last time a few weeks later and no response so I think I'm going to give up on Caravaggio.

Bottom line, product is nice with the exception of the bolts, but his customer service sucks and for the premium he charges, I'd shop elsewhere next time.

So does anyone know the GM part #s?
Old 10-12-2017, 12:25 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Sorry you did not have a good experience with Caravaggio, I have been dealing with him for 18 plus years and never had an issue. You may want to try contacting Gene at www.cultragfactoryparts.com, they are a forum vendor, he has gotten me parts that other could not, others say the screws are only sold with the splitter kit, don't know if that is true or not
Old 10-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Larry M
Drifting

Originally Posted by hcvone
Sorry you did not have a good experience with Caravaggio, I have been dealing with him for 18 plus years and never had an issue. You may want to try contacting Gene at www.cultragfactoryparts.com, they are a forum vendor, he has gotten me parts that other could not, others say the screws are only sold with the splitter kit, don't know if that is true or not
Thanks for the guidance!
Not sure what’s up with Caravaggio, he has a good reputation for a long time, but for some reason he chooses to avoid me
Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM
gSwift
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

I totally understand where you're coming from. I purchased the full stage 3 kit from John and had nothing but problems. He forgot to send my rear stage 3 spoiler, claimed it was in a second package and must have been lost in shipment, yet only 1 package was delivered to customs by him or his company. After 3 weeks of hounding him and threatening to file a dispute with the credit card company I finally got my rear spoiler and wicker bill.

As for the front winglets on my kit, he didn't sent me the hardware period to attach the winglets to the front spoiler. After many emails and text messages, he finally overnighted me the hardware off of his personal car.

I finally got the last pieces a few days ago from everything I purchased at the end of July. I too went with Caravaggio because I heard the quality was top notch and everyone here praised him. Well, I'm not impressed with the quality of my kit and the customer service was the absolute worst I've ever experienced in my life. Maybe at one time this was an amazing company, but its definitely falling short of that these days
Old 10-12-2017, 09:04 PM
John Settembrino
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ARE YOU LISTING MR. CARAVAGIO? LOUD AND CLEAR. We are a very powerful market and you might be losing many new and existing customers.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by John Settembrino
ARE YOU LISTING MR. CARAVAGIO? LOUD AND CLEAR. We are a very powerful market and you might be losing many new and existing customers.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:21 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Why not take your bolts to Home Depot and match them up to the same size in stainless steel, problem solved.

Last edited by george vee; 10-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:44 AM
Larry M
Drifting

Originally Posted by george vee
Why not take your bolts to Home Depot and match them up to the same size in stales steel, problem solved.
Thanks! I thought that might be an option but wasn't sure if they would have an exact match

Get notified of new replies

To Splitter Winglets Bolts - Caravaggio Customer Service Beware

Quick Reply: Splitter Winglets Bolts - Caravaggio Customer Service Beware