C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Kalahari Microfiber Seat Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Tamulinas2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Kalahari Microfiber Seat Inserts

I'm considering buying a 2018 Z06 2LZ with Black/Kalahari interior w/ microfiber seat inserts.
I my concerned that the light color microfiber will show wear and dirt more than the Mulan leather. I currently have a 3LZ Z51 with Red Nappa leather. It shows dirt and color transfer from my jeans fairly easily. I would appreciate any members with Kalahari Microfiber tell me of their experience with wear and cleaning. Thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 12:41 PM
mikegaan
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

8,000 miles, wear jeans all the time, no issues.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'd say it depends on the jeans, the weather and how much you sweat. As said above, there are jeans and people who have no dye transfer from jeans to leather seats, and there are those that do. If you are already having problems with your red leather seats, it would seem obvious to me that kalahari, a lighter color than red nappa leather, will definitely show more. Right?
Old 11-17-2017, 01:44 PM
mikegaan
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Good point. There are jeans and there are jeans. I wear mostly old Levis washed many times. Have no idea how the new designer $$$ jeans fare.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:31 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

Over 40,000 miles on my Kalahari microfiber inserts and never a mark from clothes or noticeable stains. However the left leather bolster gets marks all the time.
The following users liked this post:
VetterFlyer (11-18-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 02:36 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

32000 miles on mine and not an issue in sight. And I do nothing to them except vacuum after every wash.
VetterFlyer (11-18-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Tamulinas2
Instructor

Originally Posted by fpfaeth
32000 miles on mine and not an issue in sight. And I do nothing to them except vacuum after every wash.
Thanks for the posts. I had seen posts on the microfiber shift ***** and steering wheel matting or pilling. I was apprehensive that the same would happen to the seats. If you get spills do you wash with just water?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:20 PM
fpfaeth
Burning Brakes

Received 422 Likes on 194 Posts

My shift **** has a bit of a shine, but not the steering wheel. Sonax has a product that cleans microfiber and should raise the pile. Then again, leather shines after a lot of use too. For me, it's a non-issue. As for the seats, I'm certain I've spilled on them -- my recollection is the liquid just sits on the surface until you wipe it up. Last night I dropped about 10 oily French fries on the seat -- no marks were left. I've been very happy with the seats. Have microfiber in my CTS-V too and that has 61,000 miles and all is great there.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:18 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

^^^^This and +1 on the Sonax

40000 miles and not a mark or stain.

The microfiber is amazing.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:17 AM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

Black w/Kalahari (AKA Peanut butter) is a gorgeous combo in my (biased) humble opinion. I agree with Tome. Have cleaned the the drivers side outboard bolster a number of times and only had to wipe spills a couple of times off the sueded Microfiber inserts (easy). Would like to try the SONAX 10 product on the leather but the consensus seems to be Ziano for the Microfiber. The SONAX apparently is only available directly from the manufacturer and it seems you need to set up an “account” to order. What a PITA.
Kenpokev (11-19-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Tamulinas2
Instructor

Originally Posted by foreverfuelie
Black w/Kalahari (AKA Peanut butter) is a gorgeous combo in my (biased) humble opinion. I agree with Tome. Have cleaned the the drivers side outboard bolster a number of times and only had to wipe spills a couple of times off the sueded Microfiber inserts (easy). Would like to try the SONAX 10 product on the leather but the consensus seems to be Ziano for the Microfiber. The SONAX apparently is only available directly from the manufacturer and it seems you need to set up an “account” to order. What a PITA.
Thanks for the tip Forever. I assume you are talking about the Zaino Z-9 Leather soft spray cleaner? The product containes mink oil and synthetic lanolin. I'm not sure that would be compatible with microfiber. Have you used this?
Old 11-18-2017, 03:09 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Tamulinas2
Thanks for the tip Forever. I assume you are talking about the Zaino Z-9 Leather soft spray cleaner? The product containes mink oil and synthetic lanolin. I'm not sure that would be compatible with microfiber. Have you used this?
Wow, no! I had it completely backwards it is the Ziano-10 Leather dressing and SONAX that has the “Alcantra and Upholstery” cleaner. I feel like ***** Wonka. Sorry

Get notified of new replies

To Kalahari Microfiber Seat Inserts

Quick Reply: Kalahari Microfiber Seat Inserts