C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Oil Sump Tank Bolt Qx

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 05:07 PM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil Sump Tank Bolt Qx

Hey Gang.

I have a 2018 Z06 and I removed the bolt at top of tank (one that supports hood bumper) to use for ground on trickle charger. When I put back on, it seem that it wasn't "tightening", so I found another place for ground as eyelet was crushing as I tightened.

I looked in 2 manuals and all say 26 ft/lbs, but the one for C6 ZR1 said only 98 inch/lbs and it looks like same tank. I stopped less as the top of tank is plastic and "nut" looks like brass and didn't want to strip.

Has anyone replaced this bolt before and gone to recommended 26 ft/lbs, or is it safer to leave at 98 in/lbs (approx 10 ft/lbs).

Any help appreciated.

Bob
Old 11-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

Bob, hardware that small I and my shop guys usually just use a 1\4 ratchet and snug it well by hand. Just as we do with the SC cover bolts too. Any inserts in plastics be careful.

Next season you should bring that beast down to the Glen. I run with Track Master at most of there events. If it would be your first time they have novice days usually in May. LMK if you go I'm from Syracuse. - Jeff
Old 11-18-2017, 05:38 PM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mad Dog 24
Bob, hardware that small I and my shop guys usually just use a 1\4 ratchet and snug it well by hand. Just as we do with the SC cover bolts too. Any inserts in plastics be careful.

Next season you should bring that beast down to the Glen. I run with Track Master at most of there events. If it would be your first time they have novice days usually in May. LMK if you go I'm from Syracuse. - Jeff
Hey, Jeff -

That's what my head was telling me. I though the 1/4 torque wrench on it to 100 in/lbs and called it done :-)

I'm sure we have crossed paths at TM. I am an instructor for them (taking hiatus from that as I want to get back to my own skills for a while). I had tracked a silver 2008 Z06 for 8 years, but not last season as I was having my new track car built. I traded it it for the new one this August. This one is only for road fun (at least for now ;-)

If you were at Sept event, you saw me with the #8 NASCAR Cup car. It was first time on track since build and I was sorting lots of demons only ran 1st day due to ignition issues. I went this route as it has *way* cheaper consumables (all used from teams) and louder :-)

You open track?

Cheers, Bob.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!

No I was on my way to Fl during the Sept TM event. I do remember a silver C6 last year there. Nascar is in many ways the way to go. I have built a few myself and still have one that will never be sold! My first build and now street legal too. Its a blast on the street! The Z06 is a beast on the track and I'm way to comfortable in it. Did a couple PB 2.03's last Aug on almost corded Cup 2's. I have my good friend and driving coach Jeff Bernatovich to thank.....you know him. I have some suspension tuning parts like slugs, control arms if you need.

Yes Open track. I'll see you next year. Go for a ride in my car and you will want to get yours out there

Old 11-18-2017, 06:49 PM
H1ghlndr
Instructor

Apparently, we are kindred spirits. I have one of those too...2006 Road course car. Last COA'd HMS car in private hands. It is exactly as it came off the trailer as Glen backup in 2006 except for my LaJoie seat. I got it to track until he retired and value went up. It is a museum quality car. 100% HMS including motor.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:31 AM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Wow! Now that's a piece of JG history. I would not track it either to rare. I've run ovals down to Atlanta Speedway some and a guy down there had an original JG car too. The flames were fading bad from the sun he had to keep it covered. Your looks great!

Get notified of new replies

To Oil Sump Tank Bolt Qx

Quick Reply: Oil Sump Tank Bolt Qx