Is it wrong to be happy that the C7Z06 has the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile time ever? - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


C7 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it wrong to be happy that the C7Z06 has the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile time ever?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #21
Always Red Dave
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Always Red Dave's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Plymouth Massachusetts
Posts: 6,175
Thanked 724 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
I sense guys who have had there cars for a while like them!
I sense guys feel the z06 is the better street car.
I sense guys feel this is the Z06 section. The place to talk about the Z06!

I sense guys with no Corvette posting in these threads talking about the ZR1 may demasculanize some Z06 owner!


The insecurities stuff can be left at the door. Most anyone who paid cash for the Z06 can buy a ZR1 but maybe just maybe they fail to see the wisdom in doing so! When the Z06 is the better looking and more practical street car.
IMO!
3 Z06ZR1,You could not have said it any better than what I was thinking in my head when I started this thread! I am not jealous of the ZR1 at all and yes we would like our car to be the fastest Corvette ever produced forever but not practical thinking as their will always be a faster Corvette and that is a good thing with the C7 ZR1 and the future ME C8!. This Z06 is my 12Th and I have gone on record several times as saying it will be my last Corvette that I will ever own till they take away my license to drive!I made this the last Corvette for myself because I think the C7 Z06 is the best looking best value and best ride available on a super car with 650HP and 650TQ! The Z06 offered in a A8 with a convertible was the Icing on the cake! The C7 Z06 section of the CORVETTE FORUM will probably be pretty inactive when I am posting and starting new threads in 10 years from now.


NO REGRETS BELOW!!!!















JUST PROUD AND GRATEFUL THATS IT!




Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Always Red Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #22
punky
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 260
Thanked 49 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFinest View Post
Not sure about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=nkb9IbN1gzk

But yeah, love the Z06 with it's supercar looks and performance




You are not sure if he defeated all the traction and stability controls?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #23
SoCalFinest
Junior Member
 
SoCalFinest's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 41
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
You are not sure if he defeated all the traction and stability controls?
If he did that would be idiotic.. I can easily break the tires loose by stabbing the gas, a lot power for sure.
SoCalFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #24
C5LOU
CF Senior Member
 
C5LOU's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Location: Penfield NY
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I absolutely love my 17 Z. There are a lot of people on the Forum who have different (higher) expectations of their car than I, and as such are sometimes disappointed that the car may not deliver. While I sometimes envy guys who know so much about cars I won't ever have that kind of car smarts and my comparison isn't based against some of the performance cars that many of you guys have owned.

So, what I do know is that this car looks and sounds as good as any car on the road (in my opinion), I`m beyond fortunate to have it, and I`m proud as heck to drive it. Whatever "flaws" it has don`t mean squat to me as it's a dream come true for me! I`be worked hard my whole life and just retired last week. Now it's time to enjoy life and that certainly includes more seat time in this sweet ride!
C5LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #25
SLEEKVET
CF Senior Member
 
SLEEKVET's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: N. San Diego-Fallbrook California
Posts: 354
Thanked 76 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5LOU View Post
I absolutely love my 17 Z. There are a lot of people on the Forum who have different (higher) expectations of their car than I, and as such are sometimes disappointed that the car may not deliver. While I sometimes envy guys who know so much about cars I won't ever have that kind of car smarts and my comparison isn't based against some of the performance cars that many of you guys have owned.

So, what I do know is that this car looks and sounds as good as any car on the road (in my opinion), I`m beyond fortunate to have it, and I`m proud as heck to drive it. Whatever "flaws" it has don`t mean squat to me as it's a dream come true for me! I`be worked hard my whole life and just retired last week. Now it's time to enjoy life and that certainly includes more seat time in this sweet ride!
SLEEKVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #26
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: JAX Fla, West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 15,360
Thanked 143 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Red Dave View Post
I know with all the overheating talk about the C7 Z06 being one of the best track performing Corvettes ever. Wouldn't almost every Corvette made prior to the C7 Z06 overheat ANYWAYS if pushed too the limit of the cars capabilities? MY question is it wrong to be happy that the C7 Corvette is the fastest Corvette ever built when it pertains to 0-60 and 1/4 mile times at least until the new C7 ZR1 hits the street but to be THE SECOND FASTEST FACTORY STOCK CORVETTE in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times ever is still AWESOME even after the ZR1 hits the road! I am proud of my Z06 CAPABILITIES are you guys!
OMG how many threads have you starting putting down the other models There will always be a faster, better model to come. I love the fact my Z is fast in the quarter, however my C6ZR will easily take it in the half. Different weapons for different games.......
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #27
Always Red Dave
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Always Red Dave's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Plymouth Massachusetts
Posts: 6,175
Thanked 724 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Red Dave View Post
3 Z06ZR1,You could not have said it any better than what I was thinking in my head when I started this thread! I am not jealous of the ZR1 at all and yes we would like our car to be the fastest Corvette ever produced forever but not practical thinking as their will always be a faster Corvette and that is a good thing with the C7 ZR1 and the future ME C8!. This Z06 is my 12Th and I have gone on record several times as saying it will be my last Corvette that I will ever own till they take away my license to drive!I made this the last Corvette for myself because I think the C7 Z06 is the best looking best value and best ride available on a super car with 650HP and 650TQ! The Z06 offered in a A8 with a convertible was the Icing on the cake! The C7 Z06 section of the CORVETTE FORUM will probably be pretty inactive when I am posting and starting new threads in 10 years from now.

Deb, please read my 21 st post also before you let me have it. Z06 LOVE instead of SOME HATE by other forum members about the C7 Z06 is all I am posting for! It seems right but not wrong in the Z06 section of this forum that I posted myLOVE for the C7 Z06 ! Can not get that mad at you anyways since you own a TORCH RED Z06 ALSO! !

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-07-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Always Red Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #28
Always Red Dave
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Always Red Dave's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Plymouth Massachusetts
Posts: 6,175
Thanked 724 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
OMG how many threads have you starting putting down the other models There will always be a faster, better model to come. I love the fact my Z is fast in the quarter, however my C6ZR will easily take it in the half. Different weapons for different games.......
Sorry Deb, but if your C6 ZR1 is not heavily modded than their is NO WAY you are out performing a C7 Z06 in 0-60 and the 1/4 mile especially a A8 VERSION unless you are driving your C6ZR1 against me in my C7Z06 because I know you are the better driver!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-07-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Always Red Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #29
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: JAX Fla, West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 15,360
Thanked 143 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Red Dave View Post
Sorry but if your C6 ZR1 is not heavily modded than their is NO WAY you are out performing a C7 Z06 in 0-60 and the 1/4 mile unless you are driving your C6ZR1 against my C7Z06 because I know you are the better driver!
LOL, I would not bet on me being the better driver Please re-read, my Z06 is better in the 1/4, but the ZR is better in the half (mile) . The ZR runs about 5 MPH faster (1/2) , the Z06 half a second faster (1/4)
Both are stock
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #30
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: JAX Fla, West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 15,360
Thanked 143 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Red Dave View Post
Deb please read my 21 st post also before you let me have it. Z06 LOVE instead of SOME HATE by other forum members about the C7 Z06. It seems right but not wrong in the Z06 section of this forum that I posted myLOVE for the C7 Z06 ! Can not get that mad at you anyways since you own a TORCH RED Z06 ALSO! !
Welllllllllllll unless I have you confused with someone else seems I have read a lot of Z06 is the Best, better than..... posts etc. There will always be those who hate on every new/old model. I love both my cars and the upcoming ZR for different reasons . The only thing I can say I hate about the Z06 is there are way too many compared to the ZR.
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #31
Always Red Dave
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Always Red Dave's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Plymouth Massachusetts
Posts: 6,175
Thanked 724 Times in 531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 View Post
Welllllllllllll unless I have you confused with someone else seems I have read a lot of Z06 is the Best, better than..... posts etc. There will always be those who hate on every new/old model. I love both my cars and the upcoming ZR for different reasons . The only thing I can say I hate about the Z06 is there are way too many compared to the ZR.
Deb I thought you said you can take out a Z06 in HALF NOT 1/2 mile my bad! I for one have never said the Z06 is a better performing car than the ZR1 and I know you can check my threads and posts. You have me confused with someone else but I do show my passion very strongly for all Corvettes but especially my newest Z06 A8 3LZ VERT!

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 12-07-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Always Red Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #32
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: JAX Fla, West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 15,360
Thanked 143 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Red Dave View Post
Deb I thought you said you can take out a Z06 in HALF NOT 1/2 mile my bad! I for one have never said the Z06 is a better performing car than the ZR1 and I know you can check my threads and posts. You have me confused with someone else but I do show my passion very strongly for all Corvettes but especially my newest Z06 A8 3LZ VERT!
No worries Glad you are happy with your car
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #33
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,828
Thanked 676 Times in 538 Posts
Default

Deb what was wrong with your Z06? Has it been sorted?
16/C7Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #34
DebRedZR1
Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: JAX Fla, West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 15,360
Thanked 143 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
Deb what was wrong with your Z06? Has it been sorted?
Have not been able to duplicate the issue. Hoping it's an isolated issue. I ran a few runs in a Mexican Half Mile up to the same speeds and all was well. The guess from my GM intel is it could have been an air bubble in the Supercharger. It ran fine the prior year too. ::::crossing fingers ::::::
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Is it wrong to be happy that the C7Z06 has the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile time ever?
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Thinking of Buying Z06 any Advice? nick14003 C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 34 07-20-2017 08:09 PM
    Ok GM lied Z06 was a race car and its not but it is one of the worlds best 0-60 1/4! Always Red Dave C7 General Discussion 79 07-04-2017 08:55 PM
    Can the C7 performance timer clock 1/4 mile ET? Alfie43 C7 General Discussion 11 03-18-2017 08:49 PM
    Why is the C7Z the most criticized Vette I've owned? tonypittman C7 Z06 Discussion 176 07-09-2016 09:51 AM
    How to get best 0-60 quarter times rrm C7 Z06 Discussion 0 12-24-2015 06:04 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump

    Sponsored Ads
    Vendor Directory

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


    We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: