C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2019 Z06 cooling enhancements?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 03:14 AM
asian-winkie
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
I'm not going to address this other than to say that it has nothing to do with my original point. You originally said GM would never put the ZR1 front end on a Z06 because they would be admitting to a defect and open themselves to lawsuits. I corrected you and said you were wrong because they have already made cooling improvements.

I am correct and you are not. You can say whatever irrelevant crap you want, but that's fact. Enjoy your day.
LOL that funny, I didn't know we were in grade school. you might as well have used the, I'm glue ur rubber, to justify your point. Doing a half *** job doesn't define as repair or attempt of repair. If GM replace the coolant with different type of coolant, would that be classified as repair? If GM puts the ZR1 front end on the Z06, any attorney will be more than happy to file a class action lawsuits, oh wait someone already did that. Either way GM knows they screwed up and is why ZR1 front is completely different and added more radiators.

So sorry to burst ur bubble of GM stepping up and correcting their mistake. It's been proven is the past that they don't do the right thing and they won't change until something big happens
Old 12-22-2017, 03:17 AM
asian-winkie
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy
Best as anyone knows the 19 at least early on will be the same car as the 17/18 with very slight differences.

And if anyone thinks they want the ZR1 front end, please go to the ZR1 section and look at those pictures of the 3 ZR1s on the steet in the wild without camouflage. They are butt ugly! Looks like a Z06 that just had 3 teeth extracted or a Z06 with a bad case of the Mumps.
agree. not fan of the front end. They could've done better job but looks like they use a sawzall to add more air
Old 12-22-2017, 01:53 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy

And if anyone thinks they want the ZR1 front end, please go to the ZR1 section and look at those pictures of the 3 ZR1s on the steet in the wild without camouflage. They are butt ugly! Looks like a Z06 that just had 3 teeth extracted or a Z06 with a bad case of the Mumps.
I just found that thread with the pics and video. It really does look terrible IMHO. I think the wheels, front bumper, front splitter and rear wing are all a step backwards design-wise from what we have on the Z06. I posted that opinion over there and I'll probably get destroyed for it, but I'm just being honest. When the Z06 was introduced it was a gut punch because I'd just bought a Stingray and suddenly it seemed like I had an inferior car, but I don't feel that way one bit after seeing the ZR1. In fact it makes me a lot happier with the Z06 I just bought this year.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:04 PM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 146 Posts

Can u say butt ugly???
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Bittner
I will be surprised if the ZR1 stays cool on the track. The Willow Springs video with a company driver only took two laps. Wonder Why?
There is that too! The heat testing limits were raised but on a hot day I think it still may over heat. These guys want a factory race car but they keep buying Corvettes! They should know they still will require
more mods. 90 Percent or more are sold to the those who drive there cars on the street for normal use. The Z06 is great for that!
Old 12-22-2017, 04:40 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by xlr8ion
This POS over heats after 2 laps so quit making excuses.2-laps is not PUSHING the car.GM should be refunding everyone of us $10-20 K.
Ya add cooling capacity so GM can void the warranty.You guys have drank so much koolaid it’s pathetic.
After it overheated 5 out of 5 Times at Track I traded the POS.
Can u say butt ugly???

Did you buy a A8 expecting to play race car driver with the car floored around the track all day and not expect it to get hot?
So now the only reason you post is to complain?

Old 12-22-2017, 04:43 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Can u say butt ugly???
Troll. That is all you do here.

Sweet baby Jesus. I actually agree with 3 Z06ZR1 on something.

Last edited by fleming23; 12-22-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Z06 cooling enhancements?