C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
I don't buy into your premise that it isn't a supercar. I look at one thing...performance.

Everything else isn't relevant, it's just fodder for the internet forums.

Can it run 200MPH? Yes it can. Game over.

If 200mph is your metric then the Z06 is not a supercar. The Z06 top speed from GM is 195 for stage 1 aero and 186 for stage 3. Thanks for proving my point.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-speed-4.html
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2015/...roduction-car/
http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...06-first-drive

P.S. Don't comment about Youtube videos showing z06s over 200mph unless you can prove they are unmodded, they are on level ground, there is no tail wind, and it is verified in 2 directions.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 05-15-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
If 200mph is your metric then the Z06 is not a supercar. The Z06 top speed from GM is 195 for stage 1 aero and 186 for stage 3. Thanks for proving my point.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-speed-4.html
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2015/...roduction-car/
http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi...06-first-drive

P.S. Don't comment about Youtube videos showing z06s over 200mph unless you can prove they are unmodded, they are on level ground, there is no tail wind, and it is verified in 2 directions.
Interesting how YOU want to set the parameters, and then demand proof. This isn't a convo where you get to do that. I don't play that bullshit game.

There are a number of instances of running over 200MPH. You have a beef with those numbers, take it up with them.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

Mcrider, didn't you say the Camaro is a supercar a few posts back? You need to move out here to CO....whatever you're smoking is legal here.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:59 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Interesting how YOU want to set the parameters, and then demand proof. This isn't a convo where you get to do that. I don't play that bullshit game.

There are a number of instances of running over 200MPH. You have a beef with those numbers, take it up with them.

I didn't set the parameter, you said if it does 200 mph it is a supercar. According to the people that make the car (a reliable and knowledgeable source), it falls short of that and so by your own definition, it is not a supercar. Don't you think that GM would say the top speed was 200 mph if that was in fact its top speed especially since the C6 Z06's top speed was 198 mph? Again, thanks for proving my point.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:36 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Aluminum frame, carbon fiber torque tube, aluminum control arms suspension assembly, balsa floor aka true thinking of weight savings, pulls 1.1+g, CCBs, 205mph, 0-60 in 3.1, carbon hood/roof, brake, trans, engine, rear diff cooling and aero to support, variable steering, magnetic ride suspension that Ferarri just happened to license from GM, 285/335 tires, track focused look (vs camaro/challenger/etc). My reasons this is a supercar. Cars were classed supercars (Ferraris, Lambos) as older models with FAR less tech and performance. Take it for what you believe who gives a **** what someone else says...

Last edited by C5-VERT; 05-15-2018 at 12:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mcrider (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

I didn't set the parameter, you said if it does 200 mph it is a supercar. According to the people that make the car (a reliable and knowledgeable source), it falls short of that and so by your own definition, it is not a supercar. Don't you think that GM would say the top speed was 200 mph if that was in fact its top speed especially since the C6 Z06's top speed was 198 mph? Again, thanks for proving my point.
Your spinning around so fast in this thread you are dizzy, This would be game, set, and match...or checkmate if you like....either way you still LOSE.

Maybe if you did some simple research before you posted you wouldn't look sooooooo foolish,

DrivetrainEngineSupercharged, 6.2-liter V-8Horsepower (HP @ RPM)650 @ 6,400Torque (LB-FT @ RPM)650 @ 3,600Acceleration (0-60 MPH)3.4 Sec, Est.Top Speed205 MPH, Est.5 more rows

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Top Speed

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-ar160356.html

Old 05-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Aluminum frame, carbon fiber torque tube, aluminum control arms suspension assembly, balsa floor aka true thinking of weight savings, pulls 1.1+g, CCBs, 205mph, 0-60 in 3.1, carbon hood/roof, brake, trans, engine, rear diff cooling and aero to support, variable steering, magnetic ride suspension that Ferarri just happened to license from GM, 285/335 tires, track focused look (vs camaro/challenger/etc). My reasons this is a supercar. Cars were classed supercars (Ferraris, Lambos) as older models with FAR less tech and performance. Take it for what you believe who gives a **** what someone else says...
The end of this entire discussion isn't anything about the car itself, it's that it's American made and these fools think a real supercar has to come with a foreign accent...
3 Z06ZR1 (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanflying
Obviously your definition of a supercar is different then mine. Maybe you aren’t mad but I’ve met several so called supercar owners that hate on the vette because it out performs their high dollar version of a supercar. So I may not be right about you but I’m right about others.
Jumping in late.

And nowhere on the list was the C6 ZO6 (or the C5Z for that matter). A C6Z out performs several of the vehicles listed on both the lists "above" it. Remember when Top Gear tested it? Stock, the C6Z was faster than Koenigsegg, Zonda, Lambo, Ferrari, etc. around their track. And there have been a few examples of stock C6Z's running well into the 10's in the 1/4 which most of the hypercars are just barely dipping in to (case specific obviously).

So if the brand/model name is the measuring stick, then the C6Z crosses into (dare I say) hypercar territory....

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 05-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Jumping in late.

So if the brand/model name is the measuring stick, then the C6Z crosses into (dare I say) hypercar territory....

Now you went and did it...if they were having hissy fits before,

you just pushed them into seizures of Tourettes Syndrome with that one.

Last edited by Mcrider; 05-15-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

This is exactly what bench racing has always been about!!!!
You're bench racing?
Old 05-15-2018, 01:53 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Best sports car AMERICAN MADE! With I keep saying a HUGE aftermarket. Plus a car I CAN WORK ON! Right now my M7 with 673
rwhp and less than 3450 full of fuel.

Quite sure it pulls most super cars less 2 or 3 Yep a SUPERCAR in my book! You can stick a ton money in your Lambo or whatever
FOREIGN CAR.
that has no support you need a part. Your screwed or warranty work or any other problem your much more expensive super car you paid a lot more for with little to no aftermarket.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Your spinning around so fast in this thread you are dizzy, This would be game, set, and match...or checkmate if you like....either way you still LOSE.

Maybe if you did some simple research before you posted you wouldn't look sooooooo foolish,

DrivetrainEngineSupercharged, 6.2-liter V-8Horsepower (HP @ RPM)650 @ 6,400Torque (LB-FT @ RPM)650 @ 3,600Acceleration (0-60 MPH)3.4 Sec, Est.Top Speed205 MPH, Est.5 more rows2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Review - Top Speed

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevro...-ar160356.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dremFou12c

Now it is clear to me why you do not get this, comprehension is just not your thing. In regards to the links you posted I guess you do not know what "Est" means. It means "estimate" or, in other words, best guess or rough calculation. As for the Youtube video, you can clearly see that PDR is not from a car actually moving on the road, lol. This is definitely not helping your case.

I am not sure what game you think you are playing or "winning" at but that display of ignorance was just great. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Supercars also have exclusivity and exotic qualities. Everything about supercars is "super", hence the name. Middle class people cannot afford supercars and your argument just dilutes the whole category.
Dude...really? You can buy exotics and "supercars" for around $60K (and some for much less) all day long now-a-days. I'm middle class and I can afford $60K easily. What do you consider "middle class" and what do you consider a "supercar?" I guarantee I can find examples that "middle-class" could afford.

Your statement is absurd.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:44 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Now it is clear to me why you do not get this, comprehension is just not your thing. In regards to the links you posted I guess you do not know what "Est" means. It means "estimate" or, in other words, best guess or rough calculation. As for the Youtube video, you can clearly see that PDR is not from a car actually moving on the road, lol. This is definitely not helping your case.

I am not sure what game you think you are playing or "winning" at but that display of ignorance was just great. Keep up the good work!

You have the right to suffer from low self esteem and foreign car worship....I don't,

To each their own....enjoy...
3 Z06ZR1 (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 02:52 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 87 Posts

I don't buy into your premise that it isn't a supercar. I look at one thing...performance.

Everything else isn't relevant, it's just fodder for the internet forums.

Can it run 200MPH? Yes it can. Game over.
Awesome, I'll let my brother know his Hellcat Charger is a "Supercar".
Old 05-15-2018, 03:21 PM
Panth3r
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm a working class guy that saved for years to buy my Z so yes My Z is a supercar to me don't care what anybody else thinks
Old 05-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Dude...really? You can buy exotics and "supercars" for around $60K (and some for much less) all day long now-a-days. I'm middle class and I can afford $60K easily. What do you consider "middle class" and what do you consider a "supercar?" I guarantee I can find examples that "middle-class" could afford.

Your statement is absurd.

You absolutely cannot buy current generation supercars for 60k, are you kidding? Nobody is talking about 15 year old high mileage Lamborghinis, we are talking about current crop of supercars of which middle class people cannot afford.

Get notified of new replies

To Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Old 05-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Supercars also have exclusivity and exotic qualities. Everything about supercars is "super", hence the name. Middle class people cannot afford supercars and your argument just dilutes the whole category.
LOL, you have "supercars" confused with,
"I might not have much else going for me, but f**k me because I'm rich" cars.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 05-16-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

You absolutely cannot buy current generation supercars for 60k, are you kidding? Nobody is talking about 15 year old high mileage Lamborghinis, we are talking about current crop of supercars of which middle class people cannot afford.
Ohhhh...I see. By your logic, only the MEGA RICH who have enough money to buy a BRAND NEW Bugatti every year own ACTUAL supercars. The dudes that own 10+ year old Lambo's, McLarens, etc. (but bought them new) and only drive them a couple hundred miles a year, their cars are not super cars because they're no longer worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. I see. That all makes sense now.

Here's an R8 with only 28K miles on it...https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/36670702 (But not a supercar right?)
How about an Aston DB9 with UNDER 10K miles? https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/40263757 (Still not a supercar though right?)
How about a Gallardo with 22K miles? https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/20019291 (This was NEVER a supercar right? It certainly isn't now because its used right?)
But what about when I buy that 06 Gallardo USED and bring it to UGR and upgrade it like this: http://www.undergroundracing.com/car...a-edition.html and SMASH EVERY MODERN HYPERCAR I come across? Still not a supercar though huh?

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 05-15-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Well you can believe anything you want, and you and I will continue to disagree! This is America and you have every right to exercise your right to be wrong, and you are doing exactly that!

Enjoy waxing your supercar.
Your opinionated group is very small.

But at least you have us to shed some reality onto you. Try it. It's better on this side

When i get a real supercar i'll be sure to tell you. But unfortunately i don't have one yet

Quick Reply: Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?