C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Your opinionated group is very small.

But at least you have us to shed some reality onto you. Try it. It's better on this side

When i get a real supercar i'll be sure to tell you. But unfortunately i don't have one yet
Thanks for the offer but I prefer to be myself as opposed to the group think mentality you admit to being a part of. It's always easier when you let others think for you huh?

Say high to the Ferrari guys when you grovel before them. Probably gives them a good laugh...

Last edited by Mcrider; 05-15-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:17 PM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider

Say high to the Ferrari guys when you grovel before them. Probably gives them a good laugh...
Tell them you have a supercar....THAT will give them a good laugh.

Last edited by Tort; 05-15-2018 at 06:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Originally Posted by Tort
Or tell anyone with a REAL supercar if they like their corvette supercar, that will generate the most laughter lol.

But no Z owners will ever mention that to real supercar owners in fear they will get hurt by the truth. So they just keep it to themselves or tell others who know NOTHING about cars!

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 05-15-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Ohhhh...I see. By your logic, only the MEGA RICH who have enough money to buy a BRAND NEW Bugatti every year own ACTUAL supercars. The dudes that own 10+ year old Lambo's, McLarens, etc. (but bought them new) and only drive them a couple hundred miles a year, their cars are not super cars because they're no longer worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. I see. That all makes sense now.

Here's an R8 with only 28K miles on it...https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/36670702 (But not a supercar right?)
How about an Aston DB9 with UNDER 10K miles? https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/40263757 (Still not a supercar though right?)
How about a Gallardo with 22K miles? https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/20019291 (This was NEVER a supercar right? It certainly isn't now because its used right?)
But what about when I buy that 06 Gallardo USED and bring it to UGR and upgrade it like this: http://www.undergroundracing.com/car...a-edition.html and SMASH EVERY MODERN HYPERCAR I come across? Still not a supercar though huh?
What is with all the straw man arguments? Are people really unable to address what is actually said instead of making things up? No one said anything about "mega rich." Also, we are obviously not talking about 10 year old cars like I already mentioned. Lastly, the v8 R8 and the DB9 are not supercars. When they came out, they did not have the performance to put them in supercar status. I do agree that the Gallardo is a supercar (even though the one you linked has a salvaged title and is torn up LOL) but, again, we are not discussing old supercars because it doesn't scale with current cars. Every generation of cars gets better, including the supercars, until newer sports cars are just as good as old out-dated supercars. If you cannot grasp that simple concept then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 05-15-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:45 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Tort
Or tell anyone with a REAL supercar if they like their corvette supercar, that will generate the most laughter lol.

But no Z owners will ever mention that to real supercar owners in fear they will get hurt by the truth. So they just keep it to themselves or tell others who know NOTHING about cars!
All little kid worries about what are "just" foreign sports cars!
Keep up with the magazine wish list! None of those around any of the 3 cites I live so no worries!
Old 05-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
What is with all the straw man arguments? Are people really unable to address what is actually said instead of making things up? No one said anything about "mega rich." Also, we are obviously not talking about 10 year old cars like I already mentioned. Lastly, the v8 R8 and the DB9 are not supercars. When they came out, they did not have the performance to put them in supercar status. I do agree that the Gallardo is a supercar (even though the one you linked has a salvaged title and is torn up LOL) but, again, we are not discussing old supercars because it doesn't scale with current cars. Every generation of cars gets better, including the supercars, until newer sports cars are just as good as old out-dated supercars. If you cannot grasp that simple concept then I don't know what to tell you.
I don't even think the C7Z is up to a 10 year old gallardo's standards lol.

But hey, let these guys dream about their supercar!! As long as they keep it on a hush hush. You know.....in case real supercar owners are listening lol
Old 05-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

who know NOTHING about cars!
You seem to think you know a lot about cars...so

Do YOU turn your own wrenches?

or just wax?

Last edited by Mcrider; 05-15-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

You seem to think you know a lot about cars...so

Do YOU turn your own wrenches?

or just wax?

lol don't go changing the subject now after getting schooled the entire thread.

Just tell us more about your supercar!
Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

lol don't go changing the subject now after getting schooled the entire thread.

Just tell us more about your supercar!
I will take your answer to be no, you don't turn your own wrenches....

That much I figured....
Old 05-15-2018, 08:07 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

You absolutely cannot buy current generation supercars for 60k, are you kidding? Nobody is talking about 15 year old high mileage Lamborghinis, we are talking about current crop of supercars of which middle class people cannot afford.
Yeah, I'm the one grasping at straws. Pretty sure this is exactly what you said. So you tell me since you're the one who said it...what exactly is your definition of middle class? You never define it. You just say middle class can't afford a supercar. And you don't even define a "supercar" in your argument. I clearly demonstrated my point with examples to support my stance, and all you replied with is "those aren't supercars." Well, says you. Many others would disagree. But since you're wanting to call out fallacies, you're guilty of the following:
False cause
Ad hominem
the fallacy fallacy
personal incredulity
ambiguity
tu quoque
composition/division, etc. etc.

Simply put, you're a waste of my time.

EDIT: And BTW, me being guilty of a strawman fallacy would mean that you actually input some point of accuracy or evidence (that is NOT opinion) in which I could then misrepresent for my behalf. Since you have input nothing of merit or substance, I can't be cited as "grasping at straws."

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 05-15-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

I will take your answer to be no, you don't turn your own wrenches....

That much I figured....
I actually do. There's your answer.

And even if i don't, has no relevance to the lesson you got in this thread

But to make it more funny, a supercar is actually hard to work on. Whereas working on a corvette isn't
Old 05-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

I
But to make it more funny, a supercar is actually hard to work on. Whereas working on a corvette isn't

You might want to try using metric tools...just an idea.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 PM
XpatVetteLover
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Camaro ZL1 1LE over Z06 every day of the week.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:24 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by XpatVetteLover
Camaro ZL1 1LE over Z06 every day of the week.
The ZL1 is actually a better engineered car over the Z06.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Yeah, I'm the one grasping at straws. Pretty sure this is exactly what you said. So you tell me since you're the one who said it...what exactly is your definition of middle class? You never define it. You just say middle class can't afford a supercar. And you don't even define a "supercar" in your argument. I clearly demonstrated my point with examples to support my stance, and all you replied with is "those aren't supercars." Well, says you. Many others would disagree. But since you're wanting to call out fallacies, you're guilty of the following:
False cause
Ad hominem
the fallacy fallacy
personal incredulity
ambiguity
tu quoque
composition/division, etc. etc.

Simply put, you're a waste of my time.

EDIT: And BTW, me being guilty of a strawman fallacy would mean that you actually input some point of accuracy or evidence (that is NOT opinion) in which I could then misrepresent for my behalf. Since you have input nothing of merit or substance, I can't be cited as "grasping at straws."

You are right, this is a waste of your time. I am glad you can Google logical fallacies but yet you still do not know what they mean. By the way, no one said you were grasping at straws which is completely different than a straw man, lol. This coupled with the fact you try to use a 10 year old wrecked, salvage titled car to prove your point make it obvious you cannot form a coherent position. I and many others have already previously stated what makes a supercar so you can go back and look it up. You can also find a wealth of information on what incomes constitute middle class but Pew Research defines it as a range from 42k to 125k for a household of 3 before tax. No one is affording a current generation supercar (not wrecked 10 year old examples) that is well over 2 times their after tax income when you factor in all of their other expenses.

This whole discussion has become boring. If you really think a z06 is a supercar then good for you. If you have one go out and enjoy it. I and many others disagree. One good thing is, if I am wrong then I guess I have owned several supercars over the years which is kind of cool.

Last edited by Sub Driver; 05-16-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

You are right, this is a waste of your time. I am glad you can Google logical fallacies but yet you still do not know what they mean. By the way, no one said you were grasping at straws which is completely different than a straw man, lol. This coupled with the fact you try to use a 10 year old wrecked, salvage titled car to prove your point make it obvious you cannot form a coherent position. I and many others have already previously stated what makes a supercar so you can go back and look it up.
Since you have endorsed looking it up, I did, and here's what it said:

"A supercar is a luxury, high-performance sports car or grand tourer.[1][2] The term is used in marketing by automakers for unusual and expensive vehicles, and has been used to refer to different sorts of cars:

* Limited-production specials from an "elite" automaker[3]
* Standard-looking cars modified for power and performance[3]
* Models from smaller manufacturers that appeal to enthusiasts[3]
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercar

So, why should we go by your definition, rather than someone elses?
Old 05-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

You are right, this is a waste of your time. I am glad you can Google logical fallacies but yet you still do not know what they mean. By the way, no one said you were grasping at straws which is completely different than a straw man, lol. This coupled with the fact you try to use a 10 year old wrecked, salvage titled car to prove your point make it obvious you cannot form a coherent position. I and many others have already previously stated what makes a supercar so you can go back and look it up. You can also find a wealth of information on what incomes constitute middle class but Pew Research defines it as a range from 42k to 125k for a household of 3 before tax. No one is affording a current generation supercar (not wrecked 10 year old examples) that is well over 2 times their after tax income when you factor in all of their other expenses.

This whole discussion has become boring. If you really think a z06 is a supercar then good for you. If you have one go out and enjoy it. I and many others disagree. One good thing is, if I am wrong then I guess I have owned several supercars over the years which is kind of cool.
Your assumptions and arrogance blind you in such ways that you can't even comprehend the possibility that you could be wrong. I don't really care and I genuinely am sorry for you. I'll put this in a simple of words as possible for you. Needing a bumper is not totaled. Who cares about salvage titles if you're going to race the thing anyway? Point I made (that you don't want to hear) is that "supercars" (even by your warped definition) CAN BE had by the "middle class," again by your definition, which in some kind of way offends you because you have a jaded sense of reality. You're a lost cause.

Get notified of new replies

To Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Old 05-16-2018, 11:36 AM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 AM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Can everyone on this forum agree that the new Ford GT is a REAL supercar?
Old 05-16-2018, 12:54 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Since you have endorsed looking it up, I did, and here's what it said:

"A supercar is a luxury, high-performance sports car or grand tourer.[1][2] The term is used in marketing by automakers for unusual and expensive vehicles, and has been used to refer to different sorts of cars:

* Limited-production specials from an "elite" automaker[3]
* Standard-looking cars modified for power and performance[3]
* Models from smaller manufacturers that appeal to enthusiasts[3]
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercar

So, why should we go by your definition, rather than someone elses?
The others trying to be elitist with no supercar trying bend the definition.

I'll will say for the modified Z06 is a SUPERCAR by definition. The ZR1 is as well! About 10k in simple mods in the Z06 and most other Supercars are toast. Not really caring what those in the cheap seats think!

Quick Reply: Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?