C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Old 05-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

This all really just exemplifies our tendency to justify our lot in life....

One might say, "I wear a $90 watch because it tells good time. Anyone who pays $1000 for a watch is just getting ripped off." Meanwhile there are people with $100,000 watches on their wrist right now.

Anyone driving faster than you on the highway is a moron. Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot.

We all spend "just the right amount" on whatever we happen to have. A house more expensive than mine is excessive but I can't see how people can get through life in anything smaller.

It's all wrong.
The following 3 users liked this post by Higgs Boson:
Jus Cruisin (05-18-2018), redzone (05-18-2018), Tort (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
There you go. My point. Value proposition. "For your dollar."

Howver, if your net worth is 50 million with 25 million in cash there are things you value besides performance metrics on paper and there is a lot more conspicuous consumption in your life than the guy making payments on a Corvette.

Furthermore, you probably own a Corvette, maybe 10 Corvettes, in addition to 35 other various vehicles. How do you judge the "Idiot Level" of that person?

Let's not be so small minded to assume that everyone has to choose one car and live with it. Life is not a survey question or a Top 10 List. The proper owner of a Lambo is not one making $5000 a month payments on it instead of $1000 payments on a Z06. His mortgage is $10k/mo not $1500 and his cars are kept in an offsite warehouse. You don't just substitute an Aventador in place of a Z06 in the two car garage.

What I am saying is, the false comparisons are our own. The guy ripping around in an Aventador is not concerned with one detail about your argument. That's a fantasy, sorry....
Sure man...I get it. He's stupid rich. He's jaded by his richness. He doesn't care about wasting money because he's so filthy rich that he doesn't have to.

I just know he'll eventually sell that Aventador after his wife (because these dudes buy hot cars only because it gets them gold digging chicks, NOT for pure performance) sees him get his **** pushed in a few times on the street because he thought his deep pockets could buy the fastest or most prestigious car on the road. I suppose if you're so filthy rich that you don't have to care about what car you're driving...you could drive a Bugatti, McLaren, etc. But all their rich asses are doing is contributing to the MYTH that expensive "supercars" or "hypercars" are the pinnacle of performance that money can buy. Would you feel comfortable buying a 6 figure car under the premise that nothing could be faster only to realize that pretty much every race you attempted, you lost in an embarrassing fashion?

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 05-17-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:36 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

One might say, "I wear a $90 watch because it tells good time. Anyone who pays $1000 for a watch is just getting ripped off." Meanwhile there are people with $100,000 watches on their wrist right now.

Anyone driving faster than you on the highway is a moron. Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot.

We all spend "just the right amount" on whatever we happen to have. A house more expensive than mine is excessive but I can't see how people can get through life in anything smaller.

It's all wrong.
This however...is an excellent post.

Humanity will never get it right.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:26 AM
XpatVetteLover
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Viper was handmade. This alone screams Supercar.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:25 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,186 Likes on 2,136 Posts

the irony is those in the cheap seats are the ones that have to look down.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

There you go. My point. Value proposition. "For your dollar."

Howver, if your net worth is 50 million with 25 million in cash there are things you value besides performance metrics on paper and there is a lot more conspicuous consumption in your life than the guy making payments on a Corvette.

Furthermore, you probably own a Corvette, maybe 10 Corvettes, in addition to 35 other various vehicles. How do you judge the "Idiot Level" of that person?

Let's not be so small minded to assume that everyone has to choose one car and live with it. Life is not a survey question or a Top 10 List. The proper owner of a Lambo is not one making $5000 a month payments on it instead of $1000 payments on a Z06. His mortgage is $10k/mo not $1500 and his cars are kept in an offsite warehouse. You don't just substitute an Aventador in place of a Z06 in the two car garage.

What I am saying is, the false comparisons are our own. The guy ripping around in an Aventador is not concerned with one detail about your argument. That's a fantasy, sorry....

LOL EXACTLY!!

God some people in this thread really can't get this.

Thank got you're posting in this thread
Old 05-18-2018, 06:24 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
LOL EXACTLY!!

God some people in this thread really can't get this.

Thank got you're posting in this thread
It's not a matter of getting, or not getting it. It's simply that they have come to a different conclusion.

Why would you assume that reaching a different conclusion from yours, must be based on a lack of comprehension?
Old 05-18-2018, 07:21 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
It's not a matter of getting, or not getting it. It's simply that they have come to a different conclusion.

Why would you assume that reaching a different conclusion from yours, must be based on a lack of comprehension?

It's caused by low self esteem.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:33 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
the MYTH that expensive "supercars" or "hypercars" are the pinnacle of performance that money can buy.
This is the basis of all your arguments and it is false, it's what I am saying. They are NOT buying Aventadors because they think they are the pinnacle of performance money can buy. They know a modified Mustang could be faster but it's irrelevant. If you want to talk "modified" then look at Underground Racing's Lambos. Those can be modified, too.
The following 3 users liked this post by Higgs Boson:
Jus Cruisin (05-18-2018), PerKr (05-22-2018), Z0HS1CK (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 07:48 AM
Getyup
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

It's all wrong.
This hits the nail on the head. A friend of mine has a friend who I’ve met three times. He is very wealthy. A couple of years ago he purchased a Audi R8 V12 outright cash. I’m at a party and see him. I walk over to him and asks how he likes the new car. He takes the keys out of his pocket and says go take it for a spin. My jaw dropped. It was right there and then that I knew what it must feel like to be rich😎. If someone came up to me an asked how was my Corvette? I can guarantee you the only thing they may get is a ride😜
Old 05-18-2018, 08:37 AM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

This is the basis of all your arguments and it is false, it's what I am saying. They are NOT buying Aventadors because they think they are the pinnacle of performance money can buy. They know a modified Mustang could be faster but it's irrelevant. If you want to talk "modified" then look at Underground Racing's Lambos. Those can be modified, too.

Exactly! The guy in the Aventador, Senna, Enzo, or Bugatti .... etc doesn't care if a fox body runs 7s or he would have one in addition to his supercar, or supercars.

UGR modified my GTS, Great guys! When i went to pick it up Kevin showed me around and I got to see some of the builds they were doing......Builds that cost more than my house lol.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 AM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
So basically with all the sound logic in this thread, all ACTUAL "supercar" owners are complete frickin dumbasses then. Why you ask? Because they spent a **** ton of money on a car that only looks good and gets its foreign *** waxed by a nobody corvette, or a turbo mustang, or some other modded import **** box. Paints a real nice picture of what your deep pockets can get you. A visually appealing car (depending on who's looking of course) car that was built by people that sold you an expensive piece of crap (Ferrari is a prime example), that smart people CHOOSE NOT to buy. "Actual supercar" owners should take comfort in the fact that they were literally robbed blind...provided that you care about getting the most "performance" (which is the base definition of a supercar) for your dollar. If you don't care about getting the highest performance value for your dollar...follow these idiots.

I know first hand, it feels WONDERFUL when you blow the doors off of a $400K Lambo with a $35K mustang. The look on the owners face is great...but the look on their wife's face is priceless.

Dumb post. The point is they don't care about getting the best bang for their buck. You think the owner of an Aventador is going to lose sleep or his wife to a mustang owner who beat him at a stop light race? LMFAO. That guy is probably daily driving an rs7!

It's no wonder corvette owners get such a bad reputation....... it's for the most part well deserved.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Warp Factor

Because theres a difference between opinion and fact.

A fat guy can look in the mirror and say, "I'm not fat, just big boned" lol.

But i reality, hes just fat lol.

People can draw their own conclusions all they want. But when its flawed, that's a whole new ballgame.

Theres only like 3 or 4 people in this thread that were right all along.

And I'm one of them
Old 05-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
You think the owner of an Aventador is going to lose sleep to a mustang owner who beat him at a stop light race?.

Lose sleep, I don't know, get pissed because they got their doors blown off by an American production car?

Yes.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:44 AM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mcrider
Lose sleep, I don't know, get pissed because they got their doors blown off by an American production car?

Yes.
LOL, doubtful but ok if that's what you think...... we disagree.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:53 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Because theres a difference between opinion and fact....

People can draw their own conclusions all they want. But when its flawed, that's a whole new ballgame.
Who anointed your opinions as fact?
Is this one of those self-bestowed honors?
Old 05-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

If what I said has been all opinion, it sure holds more water than the senseless opinions you other guys were saying LOL.

You know......just saying

Get notified of new replies

To Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?

Old 05-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcrider
It's caused by low self esteem.
The need for some Z06 owners to believe they have a "supercar"? You may be on to something....lol
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Yeah, I brought up UGR lambo's earlier when one of your fellow minded individuals said that a 2006 Gallardo was NOT a supercar.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:39 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

It's all wrong.
Originally Posted by JJLAI724
Yes it's a Super Car for us non-filthy rich people. It's a Super Car to us average worker bee's. Can't you see the attention you get from just driving it around town.
Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
hmmmm, like a720s maybe?

but alas..... it's hard to see those above you when you're too busy looking down on those in the "cheap seats" apparently.
the irony is those in the cheap seats are the ones that have to look down.
Looks like it fits on the Supercar list! Could not care less what any of you guys think!
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the Z06 a legit Supercar?