Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 wheel bending questions

 
Old 06-12-2019, 06:08 PM
  #61  
tertiumquid
CF Senior Member
 
tertiumquid's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 535
Received 212 Likes on 137 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
Yes when you cannot dispute facts and logic just say your wrong. Great response. Why don't you just give it up and go buy your forged wheels and give us all a break from your GM bashing. I am sure you will bend those wheels as well....and then who will you blame for your poor attention to the road???
You must be a NJ liberal, I lived there for 11 years and recognize the signs. My friend, you haven't presented any facts or displayed any real logic for me to dispute. The complaints from many owners are a matter of record. Your argument seems to be that we're all a bunch of idiot drivers, whereas you are much more careful. You start out with the conclusion (bad drivers) while being oblivious to the reported problems of many owners. You can't possibly have any idea of how I drive or any of the other drivers do for that matter and when a sizable number of owners have the same problem, it isn't bashing, it's only evidence that something is wrong. BTW, I did buy my forged wheels (Signature monoblocks) 9 months ago and the problem has ceased...no bends, no cracks in over 9K miles under the same road conditions as before with the OEM's. What doesn't make any sense to me is your absolute insistence that there's no possibility that the wheels are sub-standard for the application when the evidence is right in front of you. It's as though you take personal offense when many owners complain about the same thing under the same everyday driving conditions. It's almost like you have a personal connection with the manufacturer.
tertiumquid is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM
  #62  
Road machine
CF Senior Member
 
Road machine's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,154
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tertiumquid View Post
You must be a NJ liberal, I lived there for 11 years and recognize the signs. My friend, you haven't presented any facts or displayed any real logic for me to dispute. The complaints from many owners are a matter of record. Your argument seems to be that we're all a bunch of idiot drivers, whereas you are much more careful. You start out with the conclusion (bad drivers) while being oblivious to the reported problems of many owners. You can't possibly have any idea of how I drive or any of the other drivers do for that matter and when a sizable number of owners have the same problem, it isn't bashing, it's only evidence that something is wrong. BTW, I did buy my forged wheels (Signature monoblocks) 9 months ago and the problem has ceased...no bends, no cracks in over 9K miles under the same road conditions as before with the OEM's. What doesn't make any sense to me is your absolute insistence that there's no possibility that the wheels are sub-standard for the application when the evidence is right in front of you. It's as though you take personal offense when many owners complain about the same thing under the same everyday driving conditions. It's almost like you have a personal connection with the manufacturer.
What I have is a love for well engineered cars and the C7 Z06 is at the top of the engineering field in my opinion. It is the best priced car for the performance it gives. That is a very well engineered car, as cost vs performance is always a part of engineering a car. It is funny that you call me a liberal when it is you that cannot take responsibility for your actions. I have no issue with GMs wheels because I don't hit things. 2600 miles so far on NJ roads (which suck) and for some strange reason no bent wheels....must be because I actually drive when I drive....I don't multi task.
The complaints from many owners just means that many people hit things, and those that do not remember hitting something are not paying attention. Now I never called anyone an idiot, you seem to need to call people names (especially when you cannot prove a point)...I don't. Being careful when driving a 650hp car is just common sense to me, but sadly common sense seems to be getting less and less common.

I gave you many logical reasons why what you claim cannot be the case (wheels are of inconsistent quality) you just don't seem to be able to understand logic. That's on you, not me. Others here got it perfectly, but all you seem to understand is that you are a victim of the big bully GM who will not pay for your mistakes. The problem is that if GM pays for your mistakes they must pay for everyone's mistakes, and if they do that they either have to charge a lot more for the car or stop making it. I like that GM builds cars that other companies won't. So I support GM and their effort to give us an affordable ultra high performance car. But high performance cars are not for low performance drivers. Sure anybody can buy the car...but can they drive it safely and without crashing it or ruining it. You seem to be unable to drive without damaging it, so I would submit that you are of the low performance variety of drivers. For the record I do not have any connection to GM. I own a few companies and three of them are manufacturing companies, so I know that what GM is doing is damn near impossible in today's environment of people constantly looking to blame someone else for their mistakes. I know that lawyers love people like you who must find a boogey man to blame, because their mommy told them they were perfect, so how could they be to blame. Those ambulance chasing lawyers make their living off of that sort of poor me mentality...and in the end they ruin the world for those of us that can accept our mistakes, and maybe even learn from them. The fact that in that environment GM can build and sell a 650 HP car earns not only my car buying dollars, but also my deep and abiding respect.

As to your forged wheels...if you expect anyone here to believe that someone like you, so hell bent on making GM pay for you mistakes, would ever own up to continuing with your bent wheel problems after buying forged wheels....well you must take us all for....well idiots to use your term.

Last edited by Road machine; 06-13-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Road machine is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 PM
  #63  
tertiumquid
CF Senior Member
 
tertiumquid's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 535
Received 212 Likes on 137 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
What I have is a love for well engineered cars and the C7 Z06 is at the top of the engineering field in my opinion. It is the best priced car for the performance it gives. That is a very well engineered car, as cost vs performance is always a part of engineering a car. It is funny that you call me a liberal when it is you that cannot take responsibility for your actions. I have no issue with GMs wheels because I don't hit things. 2600 miles so far on NJ roads (which suck) and for some strange reason no bent wheels....must be because I actually drive when I drive....I don't multi task.
The complaints from many owners just means that many people hit things, and those that do not remember hitting something are not paying attention. Now I never called anyone an idiot, you seem to need to call people names (especially when you cannot prove a point)...I don't. Being careful when driving a 650hp car is just common sense to me, but sadly common sense seems to be getting less and less common.

I gave you many logical reasons why what you claim cannot be the case (wheels are of inconsistent quality) you just don't seem to be able to understand logic. That's on you, not me. Others here got it perfectly, but all you seem to understand is that you are a victim of the big bully GM who will not pay for your mistakes. The problem is that if GM pays for your mistakes they must pay for everyone's mistakes, and if they do that they either have to charge a lot more for the car or stop making it. I like that GM builds cars that other companies won't. So I support GM and their effort to give us an affordable ultra high performance car. But high performance cars are not for low performance drivers. Sure anybody can buy the car...but can they drive it safely and without crashing it or ruining it. You seem to be unable to drive without damaging it, so I would submit that you are of the low performance variety of drivers. For the record I do not have any connection to GM. I own a few companies and three of them are manufacturing companies, so I know that what GM is doing is damn near impossible in today's environment of people constantly looking to blame someone else for their mistakes. I know that lawyers love people like you who must find a boogey man to blame, because their mommy told them they were perfect, so how could they be to blame. Those ambulance chasing lawyers make their living off of that sort of poor me mentality...and in the end they ruin the world for those of us that can accept our mistakes, and maybe even learn from them. The fact that in that environment GM can build and sell a 650 HP car earns not only my car buying dollars, but also my deep and abiding respect.

As to your forged wheels...if you expect anyone here to believe that someone like you, so hell bent on making GM pay for you mistakes, would ever own up to continuing with your bent wheel problems after buying forged wheels....well you must take us all for....well idiots to use your term.
At least now that I know you're a manufacturer of sorts, it makes sense that you have a bit of a hot button when it comes to manufacturing complaints. However, whatever experience you've had in that regard has no bearing on this issue but it's causing you to you're react as though the complaint is made at you instead of GM. That accounts for your somewhat rigid response to the issue and I can understand that to a degree. I agree with you that the ZO6 is a great bargain, I just accept the fact that the great bargain has a flaw. You make some sense with your position until you descend into the over generalizations and the personal attacks.and turn angry, lumping us all together as some kind of person you apparently don't like. This thread was simply about what issues a prospective owner might need to be aware of, not a platform for you to vent whatever anger you have at somebody else on me. And getting into this "mommy" business is a little childish. I'm not some wet behind the ears millennial, I'm 71 and was hardly raised to think I was special. I suspect you are significantly younger that me so the broadside you're leveling on me would be better laid on a later generation.

Let's remember that this problem also exists with the Grand Sport which isn't a 650 HP car and I'm not hell-bent on making GM pay me something. As far as the forged wheel comment, you can find plenty of owners on various forum threads that have made the switch to forged with the same positive results. I also have a new 2019 GS and I'll run on the OEM's until they bend and crack and then I'll get forged wheels for that one also.

Finally, understand this: I am well aware that some drivers hit stuff and that will cause damage if it's too much of a hit. But, I also realize that there's a lot of other drivers who, like me, are careful and then inexplicably end up surprised to find they have bent or cracked wheels. What amazes me is that you are absolutely locked into the idea that the wheel problems are caused exclusively by inattentive drivers. This isn't a black and white issue. You also mentioned that you've only put 2700 miles on your car. Most of the cracks and bends show up after 7500 or so.


Last edited by tertiumquid; 06-13-2019 at 10:57 PM.
tertiumquid is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:34 PM
  #64  
FiftyFiv3
CF Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 71
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tertiumquid View Post
At least now that I know you're a manufacturer of sorts, it makes sense that you have a bit of a hot button when it comes to manufacturing complaints. However, whatever experience you've had in that regard has no bearing on this issue but it's causing you to you're react as though the complaint is made at you instead of GM. That accounts for your somewhat rigid response to the issue and I can understand that to a degree. I agree with you that the ZO6 is a great bargain, I just accept the fact that the great bargain has a flaw. You make some sense with your position until you descend into the over generalizations and the personal attacks.and turn angry, lumping us all together as some kind of person you apparently don't like. This thread was simply about what issues a prospective owner might need to be aware of, not a platform for you to vent whatever anger you have at somebody else on me. And getting into this "mommy" business is a little childish. I'm not some wet behind the ears millennial, I'm 71 and was hardly raised to think I was special. I suspect you are significantly younger that me so the broadside you're leveling on me would be better laid on a later generation.

Let's remember that this problem also exists with the Grand Sport which isn't a 650 HP car and I'm not hell-bent on making GM pay me something. As far as the forged wheel comment, you can find plenty of owners on various forum threads that have made the switch to forged with the same positive results. I also have a new 2019 GS and I'll run on the OEM's until they bend and crack and then I'll get forged wheels for that one also.

Finally, understand this: I am well aware that some drivers hit stuff and that will cause damage if it's too much of a hit. But, I also realize that there's a lot of other drivers who, like me, are careful and then inexplicably end up surprised to find they have bent or cracked wheels. What amazes me is that you are absolutely locked into the idea that the wheel problems are caused exclusively by inattentive drivers. This isn't a black and white issue. You also mentioned that you've only put 2700 miles on your car. Most of the cracks and bends show up after 7500 or so.

BTW, if I follow your logic
Don't feed the troll, he clearly doesn't get it. He's either a GM fanatic or is delusional, maybe both. GM warrantied a cracked wheel for me which means they accepted the blame, clear enough for me but clearly not for others.
FiftyFiv3 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
tertiumquid (06-13-2019)
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z06 wheel bending questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: