C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Katech LPE GT35 38% Cam Fuel Lash Cap ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 06:10 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
You can't make the lobe bigger as it wouldn't fit through the bearings/journals. You actually make the lobe -smaller- to overdrive the HPFP. 38% would be slightly smaller than a 32%. However, while all cams that have a smaller fuel lobe will likely function without a lash cap, that is NOT the correct way to install them as then you do not preload the pump properly.

The only way to overdrive a the HPFP with a cam lobe WITHOUT requiring a lash cap is by maintaining factory base of circle and increasing the size of the lobe, which we cannot do, or by increasing the number of excentrics on the lobe from 3 to 4 or 3 to 5. Basically going from a triangle lobe to a square lobe or pentagon shaped lobe.

Ant
I know what you are saying here & totally agree. I just don't see how they are saying don't need one at all. No way if it is not done like you are saying how preload can be any were close to being correct.

Plus on the 38% should be even more off on the lobe to give that % of more gas.

This is one reason I am not going to do nothing to my short block at all until I have to do so. Maybe by then it will be totally clear so **** don't happen like after 5,k r 10,k mile due to not doing somethin correct. Ant believe me I trust your work & what you are saying on this stuff buddy... Robert
The following users liked this post:
FYREANT (01-14-2018)
Old 01-11-2021, 02:02 AM
jsimonk
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to revive a dead thread if this has been discussed already but can has anyone confirmed or denied if lash caps are required? Or if they are running any variation of a 38% over fuel lobe cam and are not having any issues? Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Simon
Old 01-11-2021, 11:42 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by jsimonk
Sorry to revive a dead thread if this has been discussed already but can has anyone confirmed or denied if lash caps are required? Or if they are running any variation of a 38% over fuel lobe cam and are not having any issues? Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Simon
lash for the fuel lobe MUST be checked for each and every single install to know if a lash cap is needed or not. There is no generic answer based on the amount of overdrive on the lobe you have. It must be measured for each build. I have a guide on here that walks you through the process of checking it.
The following users liked this post:
SteenC7Z (03-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Katech LPE GT35 38% Cam Fuel Lash Cap ?