Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2300 TVS Heartbeat!

 
Old 01-08-2018, 07:04 PM
  #21  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
since i gave you all the data on nic's car and we did the install you should order them from us :p along w/ our heat exchangers and ice tanks
Actually I would consider driving down later this winter to see you.
I'm pretty sure I'm adding this mod to both cars. A lot of time to burn till the 850 ME comes to be .
I have a property sale set to close next month right after that.
You can put one on my A8 and tune it for me. I'm open to the idea.

3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 07:25 PM
  #22  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Joe@CPR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2009
Location: Mesa Az
Posts: 2,853
Thanked 308 Times in 251 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Actually I would consider driving down later this winter to see you.
I'm pretty sure I'm adding this mod to both cars. A lot of time to burn till the 850 ME comes to be .
I have a property sale set to close next month right after that.
You can put one on my A8 and tune it for me. I'm open to the idea.

sounds like a plan to me, we get a lot of NW customers actually so you would fit in here
__________________
Cordes Performance Racing aka "CPR"
Owner of AZ's premier LSX/LTX motorsports shop
http://cordesperformanceracing.com/
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
[email protected]
480-359-5914

Joe@CPR is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 PM
  #23  
Cjunkie
CF Senior Member
 
Cjunkie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2006
Location: Wooster OH
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 117 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Who are you to be calling ignorant and carried away. The tires are not the point! We have z06's with a lot less power doing 10.40's
The output was 738rwhp 780's rwtq on the dyno with A8.
It gives the clue this is massive output and 9's should pretty easy.
Tucson is 2400 ft . This car would 9 50's at fast sea level track. Who knows what tires the white car has on I don't think it has header's either. 9.9 139.

Can you say smash a ZR1. With 10k in mods! Oh that would be getting carried away!

Very sweet and fits under the hood!



Sure should less weight less material to heat soak and much better intercooler then and add a tank and new heat exchanger and yep
cooler and a lot faster.
You. Traction is half the battle. Car isnt running 10.0 on factory tires either.
Cjunkie is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 PM
  #24  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cjunkie View Post
You. Traction is half the battle. Car isnt running 10.0 on factory tires either.
Who cares! Does the ZR1 come with slicks? No same tires I run!
That's my target! Not any track record.
The hiway interstate summertime 3 honks races are where the faster car shows. Not interested in races determined largely by the best 60ft.

My A8 can beat my M7 in the 60ft and 1/4 mile as well. But it is the slower car! Hiway rolls it is toast to my more powerful M7!

I don't think you can back up that statement about the tires.
If you look above at Tune times friend's post who knows the car said it was on radials and skinnys. 9.7 by the way.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 01-08-2018 at 08:04 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:14 PM
  #25  
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,149
Thanked 1,159 Times in 898 Posts
Default

Not to mention Matt is around 260lbs.

Matt's Z06 on right. Left is our buddy's A8 full weight Hellcat. Car moves out for less than 10k invested also. He's another big guy btw lol. Put a car jockey in either and it's .15 and a mph easy.
16/C7Z is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:19 PM
  #26  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 145
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

OP, the 2300 seems to be an amazing platform. I am just wondering, why did you choose to get the 2300 vs waiting for the 2650? Unless I just answered my own question in which the answer is because of the wait?

Last edited by TOPSPOT; 01-08-2018 at 09:20 PM.
TOPSPOT is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:29 PM
  #27  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT View Post
OP, the 2300 seems to be an amazing platform. I am just wondering, why did you choose to get the 2300 vs waiting for the 2650? Unless I just answered my own question in which the answer is because of the wait?
Plus a new hood then the 2650 can deliver more yes but at big price of a lot needed upgrades needed at the 1000hp plus level. There is the late summer wait as well! The 2300 delivers plenty for me!
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 PM
  #28  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 145
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Plus a new hood then the 2650 can deliver more yes but at big price of a lot needed upgrades needed at the 1000hp plus level. There is the late summer wait as well! The 2300 delivers plenty for me!
Canít wait to see your results, but it has been confirmed we would need a new hood? I looked at the magnuson website and i didnít think it looked much bigger than the whipple 2.9, but that could be just how they took the pic.

I figured the 2650 wouldnít be out till summer sometime so I donít blame you on going with the 2300. Iím sure it will be awesome.
TOPSPOT is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:40 PM
  #29  
Cjunkie
CF Senior Member
 
Cjunkie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2006
Location: Wooster OH
Posts: 2,116
Thanked 117 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Who cares! Does the ZR1 come with slicks? No same tires I run!
That's my target! Not any track record.
The hiway interstate summertime 3 honks races are where the faster car shows. Not interested in races determined largely by the best 60ft.

My A8 can beat my M7 in the 60ft and 1/4 mile as well. But it is the slower car! Hiway rolls it is toast to my more powerful M7!

I don't think you can back up that statement about the tires.
If you look above at Tune times friend's post who knows the car said it was on radials and skinnys. 9.7 by the way.
3 honk races are sheer stupidity and people get hurt or killed (ive been guilty of it but ive moved on and took it to a track) I just hope its just you that gets hurt not an innocent bystander.
Drag ‘radials’ and factory tires are TWO very different things. You clearly don’t have a clue.
I’ll bet a large sum of money you are the 900hp guy that runs high 11s/12s-seen it many, many times.

Last edited by Cjunkie; 01-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Cjunkie is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cjunkie For This Useful Post:
AZGASSER (01-12-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 02:39 PM
  #30  
redzone
CF Senior Member
 
redzone's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2002
Location: Concord NC
Posts: 6,238
Thanked 96 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cjunkie View Post
3 honk races are sheer stupidity and people get hurt or killed (ive been guilty of it but ive moved on and took it to a track) I just hope its just you that gets hurt not an innocent bystander.
Drag Ďradialsí and factory tires are TWO very different things. You clearly donít have a clue.
Iíll bet a large sum of money you are the 900hp guy that runs high 11s/12s-seen it many, many times.
Oh my....you sir, have stepped in it now. I'm not sure what response you will get, but I set the over/under on exclamation points at 67.


Never mind that you are exactly right.....
redzone is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to redzone For This Useful Post:
The Rock1 (04-06-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 02:41 PM
  #31  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cjunkie View Post
3 honk races are sheer stupidity and people get hurt or killed (ive been guilty of it but ive moved on and took it to a track) I just hope its just you that gets hurt not an innocent bystander.
Drag ‘radials’ and factory tires are TWO very different things. You clearly don’t have a clue.
I’ll bet a large sum of money you are the 900hp guy that runs high 11s/12s-seen it many, many times.
Have plenty of clue. First clue is about you!
What a guy you are! You sound like a jerk! First you make cracks about others cars can't make 10's on stock rubber. So a poster who knows the car says it was on skinny's and radials. DUH! We know a drag pack is better for the 1/4.
Then you come back on with the insults.
Don't need your 2 cents on what is ok for others
I was running 10.80's on the stock rubber. The drag strip is poor place for the disadvantaged M7 it lends itself to roll racing which tells who has the Hp. The M7 is road car not a drag strip car
Look on the 1/4 mile fast list to see how many M7's you see!


The A8 has 30 percent more TQ to the ground than the M7 in low.

Might as well pay up on your totally BS bet I was in the 10's on about every pass.
With 700hp
Your probably have no skills looks like driving an C5 talking about others driving?
I have the A8 too! They do not require a driver like the M7 does
I keep my manual for highway romps.
Now go play go on the freeway.


Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 01-09-2018 at 02:58 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Z06ZR1 For This Useful Post:
onebadcad (04-05-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 02:55 PM
  #32  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by redzone View Post
Oh my....you sir, have stepped in it now. I'm not sure what response you will get, but I set the over/under on exclamation points at 67.


Never mind that you are exactly right.....
Well the friendly roll race is what I prefer in my Z06 M7.
I don't do it in traffic. I save it for a wide open highway about once or twice a year or less.

Maybe jump in the other thread where they are talking about roll racing the A8. Put some do goody comments in there too! I really could careless.
The roll race is the best test of true power to weight.

I enjoy having the extra power makes the driving more fun than driving just the stock car
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 03:03 PM
  #33  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT View Post
Canít wait to see your results, but it has been confirmed we would need a new hood? I looked at the magnuson website and i didnít think it looked much bigger than the whipple 2.9, but that could be just how they took the pic.

I figured the 2650 wouldnít be out till summer sometime so I donít blame you on going with the 2300. Iím sure it will be awesome.
The 2650 is taller and I'm quite sure it will not fit under the stock hood.
GM's needs for the ZR1 could have been met with the 2300. The Zr1 is running 14 pounds of boost the 2300 does that easy with lower ITA's than the stock 1.7.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Z06ZR1 For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 04:17 PM
  #34  
Mike Jesse
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2016
Location: Bremerton Wa.
Posts: 635
Thanked 145 Times in 125 Posts
Default

Actually 1/2 mile or mile roll racing in a controlled environment shows who really has the power.
You will need a much bigger gun.
Mike Jesse is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 09:42 PM
  #35  
ZR1-ab
CF Senior Member
 
ZR1-ab's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TEXAS
Posts: 192
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I'm thinking about getting one but would like to see what it does on a fully modded Z. How much more power it make over the stock one maxed out and then the 2300 maxed out on a cam heads E 85 full exhaust.
ZR1-ab is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ZR1-ab For This Useful Post:
AMMUSCLE (03-02-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:51 PM
  #36  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Jesse View Post
Actually 1/2 mile or mile roll racing in a controlled environment shows who really has the power.
You will need a much bigger gun.
Not looking for top speed runs. If can you pull away is good enough.
Always someone faster. Just looking to pull the first ZR1 that comes up
which may never happen. Since they are limited but otherwise having the power is nice. Kind of like the C6 Zr1 only even less of them. I have only seen 2 or 3 of C6 ZR1's besides the one I had.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 01-09-2018 at 10:53 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 02:10 AM
  #37  
Innovate
CF Senior Member
 
Innovate's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Sumter SC
Posts: 1,326
Thanked 107 Times in 97 Posts
Default

What are guys putting down with the Heartbeat, ported TB, CAI, and X-Pipe? I am wondering as this would be the route I would go to keep the warranty lol. Hopefully you make close to 700 rwhp, 750 rwhp would be really awesome!
Innovate is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 05:26 AM
  #38  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 844 Times in 701 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Innovate View Post
What are guys putting down with the Heartbeat, ported TB, CAI, and X-Pipe? I am wondering as this would be the route I would go to keep the warranty lol. Hopefully you make close to 700 rwhp, 750 rwhp would be really awesome!
Nicd is getting 738 rwhp and don't quote me but I think 780 rwtq
With the A8. Great results car is fast see his video . Easiest 9.8 I've ever seen just steps on the gas!

I want to stay on pump gas (92) with some fuel booster and shooting for 700-720 rwhp but with the M7.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Z06ZR1 For This Useful Post:
MMM15ZO6 (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 10:58 AM
  #39  
MMM15ZO6
CF Senior Member
 
MMM15ZO6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 106
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Nicd is getting 738 rwhp and don't quote me but I think 780 rwtq
With the A8. Great results car is fast see his video . Easiest 9.8 I've ever seen just steps on the gas!

I want to stay on pump gas (92) with some fuel booster and shooting for 700-720 rwhp but with the M7.
As a forum member I feel fortune and Blessed to have own several Vett's the latest being a 15 Z06 A8 allowing me to be on this forum.

From my observations you tend to want to debate with most everyone, either about their post or you start one to be combative. Please respect others opinion, most are here to share information and learn.

I will promise you would not last long to the real world with your demeanor.


Have a Blessed day and Safe Travels
MMM15ZO6 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MMM15ZO6 For This Useful Post:
Earl H (03-04-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 01:11 PM
  #40  
ZR1-ab
CF Senior Member
 
ZR1-ab's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Corpus Christi TEXAS
Posts: 192
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Heartbeat + meth or heads, cam, fuel pump, e85 = same price ? same power ?
ZR1-ab is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2300 TVS Heartbeat!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: