C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Roll racing A8

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:48 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
That is not what he said. Did you actually read what he wrote? Aren’t you the guy that also said that V4 mode activates in all M7 drive modes?
Yep I am the guy. The c7z and all its drive modes was engineered by the same guy that has a patent on the electric fork with the purpose of ending world hunger

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 01-15-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:03 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Wulverine
I kept my H/C/I C6Z and bought a A8 C7Z, still own both.

I made an informed purchase, obviously you didn't.

Crying about it won't change that.
You are correct sir — all my whining and crying won’t change the fact I made an uninformed purchase . You gathered all the info and you made an informed purchase that you fully understood was a heavy slow overheating pig and a step backward from the c6z. You were smart you kept your c6z.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 01-15-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:09 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
You are correct sir — all my whining and crying won’t change the fact I made an uninformed purchase . You gathered all the info and you made an informed purchase that you fully understood was a heavy slow overheating pig and a step backward from the c6z. You were smart you kept your c6z.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wulverine:
Road machine (10-30-2018), tail_lights (01-16-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 11:13 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '15

Link to a stock C6Z or stock C6ZR1 running a faster 1/4 time than a stock C7Z, Mr. Whine ***?
Old 01-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Link to a stock C6Z or stock C6ZR1 running a faster 1/4 time than a stock C7Z, Mr. Whine ***?
Quarter mile is all about 60ft the automagic has the edge . I like my c7z. But it just doesn’t seem to sizzle like the c6z. Especially standing on it above 60mph It just seems to run out of breath.0 to 150 mph the c7z is 1.5 to 2 seconds slower then the c6zr1. And 1 second slower then a c6z as reported by the magazines. Those c6’s make serious ground on the big end. The c7z just falls flat up high.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 01-15-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Time to mod the car ..won't take much.

Buying an automatic for a roll race is not a great idea ..

Take solice in knowing on a road course the A8 will lap faster than a manual.

Roll racing is nonsense anyway.

Take it to the track.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:47 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

I thought the C7Z was a "heavy slow overheating pig and a step backward from the c6z?"
your right it is.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '15

your right it is.
Still waiting for that link of a stock C6Z or C6ZR1 running a faster 1/4 mile time than the fat pig?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:20 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

Take it to the track.
I agree with #1 and #2 #3 I think the manual well driven wins.
According to GM's own track times with Mero at the wheel.
Plus your going to over heat. with the A8
#4 Roll racing tells who is faster where the dead start tells who is quicker.

Roll racing with no one around is at their risk not your yours!
Old 01-16-2018, 12:48 AM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette

Take it to the track.

How many people on the forum or this post for instance went to buy their car with the deciding factor being which transmission would help with roll racing only? I was never asked what type of racing I would be involved with at any time when I bought my Z.
As far as roll racing goes, thinking you are “clear” on the highway because there is no traffic is stupid thinking. Here in AZ, there are all sorts of creatures dashing across the highway. I bet anyone hitting a coyote at 100+ is going to have a very bad day. I am no angel with doing stupid things in the past on the highway. One thing to ruin your day with an accident, it is another to end someone else’s.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
I agree with #1 and #2 #3 I think the manual well driven wins.
According to GM's own track times with Mero at the wheel.
Plus your going to over heat. with the A8
#4 Roll racing tells who is faster where the dead start tells who is quicker.

Roll racing with no one around is at their risk not your yours!
I am not roll racer or quarter mile hack or speed racer on a road course. I don’t have the time as where I live there are no venues for this .i wish there was. So my sport is yanking wolfman’s chain while on a plane traveling for business 😂 Wolfboy is right. C7z is a great car. C6z or c7z06 is more then anyone needs for the street . What I like to do on occasion is stand on it in 2nd and 3rd gear every once in a while when no one else is around. In my use case and what I enjoy from having these cars the c7z gets going ok but it just feels flat compared to the c6z. My gal riding along even says the c7z doesn’t seem to take off like the c6z. She does like the looks of the car better. But It just doesn’t seem to get up on its legs and go like hell. It does make lots of noise though.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 01-16-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:01 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Originally Posted by saleen556
M7 :-)
Auto is faster, per GM!
Old 01-16-2018, 12:47 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

The cloth top and chrome wheels and Corvette doesn't say true sports car as much as it does that the driver could be 75 and has a wheel chair stowed in trunk!
OK, but then you'll have to share what it feels like to get beat by a geezer in a drop-top cruiser with a wheelchair in the trunk. That's on you.

The A8 LT4 is the fastest Corvette ever. Everything else is wind, noise, whining, complaining, and nonsense.

Last edited by davepl; 01-16-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
OK, but then you'll have to share what it feels like to get beat by a geezer in a drop-top cruiser with a wheelchair in the trunk. That's on you.

The A8 LT4 is the fastest Corvette ever. Everything else is wind, noise, whining, complaining, and nonsense.

The C7Z is a heavy slow overheating pig with a truck engine, just ask Mr. Gizmo.

Eventually he will post all the 1/4 mile time slips to back up his claim, right Mr. Gizmo?
Old 01-16-2018, 01:52 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

The C7Z is a heavy slow overheating pig with a truck engine, just ask Mr. Gizmo.

Eventually he will post all the 1/4 mile time slips to back up his claim, right Mr. Gizmo?

I think Mr Gizmo's butt dyno is used to the power band of the C6Z, which is basically dead til 4k then takes off nicely, then really rips from 6-7k..... That is its power band.... Where as a C7Z makes power instantly, and does start to flatten out about 6k..... The real story though, it that's a "feeling".... a perception. Just like a KX65 2 stroke dirtbike has a NASTY power band, that doesn't mean its faster then a KX450 4 stroke.... feel and perception are two different things then reality sometimes.

Show me ANYTHING that PROVES a stock C6Z is faster then a C7Z in any category besides top speed..... (We all know a C6Z is a 198 mph car and a C7Z is a 195 mph car)..

I do like C6Zs, they are great bang for the buck and they are NASTY when modded, especially on highway rolls....... But a stock 450 rwhp C6Z is not going to beat a 550 rwhp C7Z with competent drivers....Its not happening. They may "feel" completely different getting the job done, but that doesn't make it faster.

As I posted a few posts back, I just raced a head/cam C6Z two weekends ago in my CAI A8 car and I had 2 cars on him at 150 mph.... On paper, he SHOULD have beat me....but he couldn't make up the jump I had on a 40 mph hit....then every time he let off to shift, he lost ground....he never really started to gain on me at all, even passed 140 mph...... That's the reality, not "feeling"...

Mr Gizmo reminds me of my Dad's mentality, "everything is faster with 4.10 gears and a 4 spd"...... When in reality, a 3.55 and a 3 spd auto is faster most of the time. Seat of pants feel < reality.

It sucks he is disappointed in his purchase of the C7Z, and he will be crying to us in every one of his posts until he sells it.
The following users liked this post:
tail_lights (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 03:22 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I am not roll racer or quarter mile hack or speed racer on a road course. I don’t have the time as where I live there are no venues for this .i wish there was. So my sport is yanking wolfman’s chain while on a plane traveling for business 😂 Wolfboy is right. C7z is a great car. C6z or c7z06 is more then anyone needs for the street . What I like to do on occasion is stand on it in 2nd and 3rd gear every once in a while when no one else is around. In my use case and what I enjoy from having these cars the c7z gets going ok but it just feels flat compared to the c6z. My gal riding along even says the c7z doesn’t seem to take off like the c6z. She does like the looks of the car better. But It just doesn’t seem to get up on its legs and go like hell. It does make lots of noise though.
If you still bone stock! Just toss the Halltech on there. The 40 rwhp is very real my M7 loved the Halltech intake. Dyno's 605 rwhp with just the Halltech. Makes the car feel a lot better then the PTB is another must do on the M7. I assume you have the bog off idle like all m7 's do!
Old 01-16-2018, 03:40 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

If you still bone stock! Just toss the Halltech on there. The 40 rwhp is very real my M7 loved the Halltech intake. Dyno's 605 rwhp with just the Halltech. Makes the car feel a lot better then the PTB is another must do on the M7. I assume you have the bog off idle like all m7 's do!
Start a Halltech thread, would ya?

Last edited by jaden61; 01-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Roll racing A8

Old 01-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

I thought my supercharged C5 was faster than the C7Z to, but it wasn't. The C7 just didn't seem as fast because it was better behaved. Might want to throw some greasier tires on there, it will seem fast as he**.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:09 PM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Auto is faster, per GM!
Yes it is. However the AFM would drive me nuts. As well as I got my M7 purely for the enjoyment of driving. I really don't care if the auto is faster. I plan on tracking the car occasionally but don't street race at all. Not worth it to me.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:06 PM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I thought my supercharged C5 was faster than the C7Z to, but it wasn't. The C7 just didn't seem as fast because it was better behaved. Might want to throw some greasier tires on there, it will seem fast as he**.
I thought the same thing about my C5 maggie until I raced it.

Quick Reply: Roll racing A8