C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Roll racing A8

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Pigface1
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Having had a C6 ZR1 and now a C7 Z06, I wonder if some of the replies in here meant to compare those and not the C6 and C7 Z06. The two Z06s are on different planets.

Roll racing with the C7 Z06, aero between stage 1 and 3 has a bigger impact than the transmission. Stage 3 loses several MPH.

With that said, I do wish they went with a dual clutch or at least the ability to customize the shift lights and/or points gear for gear with the A8.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Don't try to manually shift for acceleration unless using the manual mode to JUST select a starting gear then put the selector back to drive once you go wot. The car is slower in manual. You cannot beat the computer on upshift selection.

I've done it. I can drive. The fastest way to run from a roll in the A8 is what I listed above.

and no gizmo... the C6Z is not a close contender to the C7Z stock for stock unless you get into the ridiculous above 150 area where the downforce ot the C7Z Hurts it. Not even close.

and cai vs cai cara the C7Z walks the c6Z beyond that. Take my word on it. The stock intake holds this car back like you couldn't believe. More so than any car I've ever driven owned or seen.
here is a video of a stock c7z getting its *** kicked from 2nd and 3rd gear pulls to 120/130mph As I suspected in this roll race the torque should have given the c7z an advantage. The only advantage would be if both cars were pulling a 5th wheel. The c7z might have stayed close.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDPpl...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-12-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Roll racing A8