Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package?

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 01-12-2018, 07:42 AM
  #1  
jdlev
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: About to Lap You
Posts: 125
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package?

Presently have a '15 Z06 w/ the stage 1 aero package on it, and have always had a soft spot for the stage 2/3 spoilers. Also like the rockers. Could live with or without the 2 front lip, but think the stage 3 wings on the front might be a bit over zealous lol.

I've looked around, and seen the prices kind of fall all over the spectrum...from the Chinese stuff on ebay to full carbon fiber setups that were well over a grand. Watched a few videos on the ebay items, and people seemed to like them...but curious how they held up.

Question is, what brands/vendors do you guys recommend for purchasing a few aero package items from? Definitely want to bump up to the Wickerbill spoiler at a minimum.
jdlev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:00 AM
  #2  
DevilDog II
CF Senior Member
 
DevilDog II's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 9,907
Thanked 328 Times in 235 Posts
Oldtimer
Default

I have ACS side skirts. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. I upgraded my rear spoiler from a Stage I to a Stage II last summer. I ordered the parts through GM and didn't think they were too expensive. The Stage I spoiler required a little work to remove (removing the adhesive was the most time consuming part), but fit perfectly. It took me about an hour to remove the Stage I spoiler and install the new one.
DevilDog II is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:31 AM
  #3  
SLEEKVET
CF Senior Member
 
SLEEKVET's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2016
Location: N. San Diego-Fallbrook California
Posts: 473
Thanked 107 Times in 93 Posts
Default

I purchased the rear Stage 2 Wickerbill from Cultrag and took a chance with the reproduction front Stage 2 splitter (Made in the USA) from Corvette World for $600 shipped to my door, which looks excellent and fits like factory. That left me some money to put Xpel on the front splitter, otherwise the splitter will chip very quickly. I already have 3/4 skirts so it looks very nice with the other Stage 2 pieces. Many of the vendors have Stage 2 packages as good prices.
SLEEKVET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:54 AM
  #4  
0subchev
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Location: Sandy OR
Posts: 2,135
Thanked 196 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdlev View Post
Presently have a '15 Z06 w/ the stage 1 aero package on it, and have always had a soft spot for the stage 2/3 spoilers. Also like the rockers. Could live with or without the 2 front lip, but think the stage 3 wings on the front might be a bit over zealous lol.

I've looked around, and seen the prices kind of fall all over the spectrum...from the Chinese stuff on ebay to full carbon fiber setups that were well over a grand. Watched a few videos on the ebay items, and people seemed to like them...but curious how they held up.

Question is, what brands/vendors do you guys recommend for purchasing a few aero package items from? Definitely want to bump up to the Wickerbill spoiler at a minimum.


If you are interested in purchasing factory GM parts, we can help you out

Last edited by subchev; 01-12-2018 at 11:54 AM.
subchev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:11 PM
  #5  
DAVE396LT1
CF Senior Member
 
DAVE396LT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2003
Location: Redmond WA
Posts: 7,084
Thanked 1,327 Times in 883 Posts
Default

I think the car looks much better with it. I bought a non-Z07 car and then added Stage 2 up front and Stage 3 in the rear, as I felt that was the best cosmetically.
DAVE396LT1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:53 PM
  #6  
oldC5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
oldC5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2011
Location: Chino Hills CA
Posts: 3,529
Thanked 380 Times in 309 Posts
Default

I had stage 1 , than stage 2 and now stage 3 .





Last edited by oldC5; 01-12-2018 at 12:54 PM.
oldC5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldC5 For This Useful Post:
jdlev (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 11:54 PM
  #7  
jdlev
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Location: About to Lap You
Posts: 125
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Nice ride oldC5! That's most of what I'm looking at doing less the jake skull stuff. Did you do the install yourself or take it to a shop?
jdlev is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:39 AM
  #8  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 18,931
Thanked 653 Times in 542 Posts
Default

Stage 1 is the way go on the street, car is slower and will cost you speed when you need it and less MPG unless you track with both 2 and 3! I don't see the point. Change for looks is total MEH!
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:13 AM
  #9  
SterlingDrive
CF Member
 
SterlingDrive's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Location: Orem UT
Posts: 75
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DevilDog II View Post
I have ACS side skirts. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. I upgraded my rear spoiler from a Stage I to a Stage II last summer. I ordered the parts through GM and didn't think they were too expensive. The Stage I spoiler required a little work to remove (removing the adhesive was the most time consuming part), but fit perfectly. It took me about an hour to remove the Stage I spoiler and install the new one.



JDlev,

I did exactly what Devil Dog did and am very happy. I think it is a nice compromise and is still semi-practical for street driving.

Good luck,

Dave



Last edited by SterlingDrive; 01-14-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: add pictures
SterlingDrive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:07 AM
  #10  
DevilDog II
CF Senior Member
 
DevilDog II's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 9,907
Thanked 328 Times in 235 Posts
Oldtimer
Default

Originally Posted by SterlingDrive View Post
JDlev,

I did exactly what Devil Dog did and am very happy. I think it is a nice compromise and is still semi-practical for street driving.

Good luck,

Dave
I forgot to mention that I also have the ACS front and rear splash guards, which were also very easy to install.
DevilDog II is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:52 AM
  #11  
saleen556
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 1,014
Thanked 232 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Stage 1 is the way go on the street, car is slower and will cost you speed when you need it and less MPG unless you track with both 2 and 3! I don't see the point. Change for looks is total MEH!
Lol. Looks are subjective. Nobody is going to notice a loss of speed on the street. I highly doubt one could notice 1MPG difference with stage 3 at 70 MPH. It basically comes down to which look one prefers. I like stage 2 myself :-)
saleen556 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saleen556 For This Useful Post:
3 Z06ZR1 (01-13-2018), Hill Country Moto (01-13-2018), MMM15ZO6 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 11:07 AM
  #12  
Hill Country Moto
Junior Member
 
Hill Country Moto's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Helotes Texas
Posts: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I am converting my Stage 1 Z06 to full Stage 3 Aero all the way around. Installed the ACS Stage 3 Wicker Spoiler Conversion to my car yesterday and it was a breeze. Even removing the factory glue strips wasn't nearly as much of a pain as I had read it would be. Although my thumb has a huge blister on it now.
Hill Country Moto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:45 AM
  #13  
MMM15ZO6
CF Senior Member
 
MMM15ZO6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 106
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Stage 1 is the way go on the street, car is slower and will cost you speed when you need it and less MPG unless you track with both 2 and 3! I don't see the point. Change for looks is total MEH!
Here you go again.....you have to debate or disagree. We all know you have an M7 and an A8. Why done you pay more attention to them and less debating people who want a certain look in their Z06.

Everyone has different interest in cars and it probably doesn't align with yours. When it doesn't you seem to be the first one to let them know.

I wonder if you even know how to check your oil or even change it!!!!!
MMM15ZO6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:57 AM
  #14  
oldC5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
oldC5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2011
Location: Chino Hills CA
Posts: 3,529
Thanked 380 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jdlev View Post
Nice ride oldC5! That's most of what I'm looking at doing less the jake skull stuff. Did you do the install yourself or take it to a shop?
I installed everything with the help of my friends lift . He helped to. Its easier with two people on the skirts and splitter.
oldC5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:04 PM
  #15  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 18,931
Thanked 653 Times in 542 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MMM15ZO6 View Post
Here you go again.....you have to debate or disagree. We all know you have an M7 and an A8. Why done you pay more attention to them and less debating people who want a certain look in their Z06.

Everyone has different interest in cars and it probably doesn't align with yours. When it doesn't you seem to be the first one to let them know.

I wonder if you even know how to check your oil or even change it!!!!!
LOL Hey You go again! Everybody has a different interest! You have to debate or disagree? HAHA! What is the forum here for?

If your going to talk cars this is the place. Gee Wally you sound like your sore! Lots of members prefer the stage ! Don't get your panties in bunch!

I know far more than you about Corvette's! Worked on more than you. Numbers 8 and 9 are in the garage. I've install radiators, headers and Superchargers a few sets of each all on my Corvette's ! Also changed a lot more oil than you as well! I own 6 cars and I don't do Jiffy lube!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 01-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:18 PM
  #16  
JumpingJackFlash
Account disabled by request 1 Mar 2018
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: Fredericksburg VA
Posts: 325
Thanked 80 Times in 45 Posts
Default

The thread has me thinking. Do any vendors offer the stage 2 splitter (or rockers for that matter) pre-installed with Expel? Is this something that is desirable or is it impractical?
JumpingJackFlash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:37 PM
  #17  
oldC5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
oldC5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2011
Location: Chino Hills CA
Posts: 3,529
Thanked 380 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash View Post
The thread has me thinking. Do any vendors offer the stage 2 splitter (or rockers for that matter) pre-installed with Expel? Is this something that is desirable or is it impractical?
I added xpel to my front bumper , lights ,and mirror. My installer added the splitter for free. Really high impact area . I thought it would be easier to touch up splitter with paint than see all the impacts on xpel but so far its all good .Xpel has performed better than expected.
oldC5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:47 PM
  #18  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 18,931
Thanked 653 Times in 542 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post
Lol. Looks are subjective. Nobody is going to notice a loss of speed on the street. I highly doubt one could notice 1MPG difference with stage 3 at 70 MPH. It basically comes down to which look one prefers. I like stage 2 myself :-)
All good points some like the stage 3!
Is to each his own on options.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 PM
  #19  
ohrich
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Markham Ontario
Posts: 41
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I had Stage 1 aero on my car.

Upgraded to ACS Stage 2 front splitter with side rockers and rear diffuser fins.

So I guess you can say, I'm now running Stage 1.5 aero.

I didn't want to upgrade my rear spoiler to stage 2. I find it reduces rear visibility.

Quality of the ACS stuff is great. Almost like OEM.



Originally Posted by jdlev View Post
Presently have a '15 Z06 w/ the stage 1 aero package on it, and have always had a soft spot for the stage 2/3 spoilers. Also like the rockers. Could live with or without the 2 front lip, but think the stage 3 wings on the front might be a bit over zealous lol.

I've looked around, and seen the prices kind of fall all over the spectrum...from the Chinese stuff on ebay to full carbon fiber setups that were well over a grand. Watched a few videos on the ebay items, and people seemed to like them...but curious how they held up.

Question is, what brands/vendors do you guys recommend for purchasing a few aero package items from? Definitely want to bump up to the Wickerbill spoiler at a minimum.
ohrich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:31 AM
  #20  
saleen556
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 1,014
Thanked 232 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
All good points some like the stage 3!
Is to each his own on options.
It does look good. I'm still considering putting mine on this spring or just selling them.
saleen556 is online now  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: