C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

CPR's C7Z expansion tank now available!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Default CPR's C7Z expansion tank now available!!

We have finally fully released our C7Z expansion tank and we feel that we have built some very nice key features into our tank that separates ours from the rest.

Key features:
1) Uses OEM quick connect fittings for an extremely easy install and removal of lines should you need to later on
2) The only tank that has a built in mounting bracket for a mighty mouse catch can (our preferred can here) no longer do you have to pick one or the other, or figure out a custom bracket to make it work
3) Still very easy plug access to cylinder #1
4) one of the fastest install times of any tank on the market

Pricing is set to $600 + shipping and you can add in our popular heat exchanger for a package deal and have the ultimate in bolt in IAT management.

**dealers welcome**
Attached Images     
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 01-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Excuse my ignorance. What is the benefit of this mod?
Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Kerviper
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Capacity? Any installed pics(with or without) catch can? Looks nice

Last edited by Kerviper; 01-12-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Does your unit solve the air gap issue that occurs in the factory reservoir?

TIA
Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Based on what GM Engineering has told the dealer mechanic trying to resolve my random on track high rpm misfiring is the air gap to be concerned about is where the arrow is pointing:

If the coolant level isn't into the vertical part of the T below the cap the level is too low. From what I understand a new tool is being released at the end of January to make it easier to get the proper fill.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 01-12-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Gonzo
Excuse my ignorance. What is the benefit of this mod?
add's additional capacity to the supercharging cooling system to help reduce

Originally Posted by Kerviper
Capacity? Any installed pics(with or without) catch can? Looks nice
attached a pic. the pic w/ the mm can on it i can't find on my phone sadly. but in our product pic you can see the mount and it's easy to see where it would go.

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Does your unit solve the air gap issue that occurs in the factory reservoir?

TIA
the air gap can be removed by flipping the lines on the hx and changing how it fills the tank. oem fills from the top, you need it to fill from the bottom. even with oem style connection you will not have any risk of the pump cavitating as this tank makes it so easy to get all the air out that causes that issue.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
MarkRacerX (01-12-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 04:04 AM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Joe, what is the pic with the arrow supposed to represent? I don't understand what you mean by reversing the lines and filling from the bottom to remove the air gap. Can you please elaborate. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
Joe, what is the pic with the arrow supposed to represent?
That is a picture of my Z's intercooler plumbing. The cap is the fill cap. The reservoir with an air gap is down at the bottom of the system and accessible through the right front wheel well. It is difficult to get the air gap out of the reservoir since the outlet is below the top of the reservoir. The air gap is there to provide room for the coolant to expand when it gets hot.

However, based on what GM Engineers have communicated to the dealer mechanic working on my car there should be no air showing in the horizontal lines that are under the cap on top (when I checked the FSM the wording on how full was considered full wasn't clear). If there is air in those lines (can check by removing the cap) the intercooler will provide insufficient intake charge cooling for the rear two cylinders of the engine. The arrow points to where you need to check for proper intercooler fill and that point is somewhere in the range of 12 to 18 inches above the top of the reservoir. The air gap at the top of the reservoir may be perfect but if there is air in that horizontal line the system isn't filled properly.

Bill
Gonzo (01-14-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 09:51 AM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
That is a picture of my Z's intercooler plumbing. The cap is the fill cap. The reservoir with an air gap is down at the bottom of the system and accessible through the right front wheel well. It is difficult to get the air gap out of the reservoir since the outlet is below the top of the reservoir. The air gap is there to provide room for the coolant to expand when it gets hot.

However, based on what GM Engineers have communicated to the dealer mechanic working on my car there should be no air showing in the horizontal lines that are under the cap on top (when I checked the FSM the wording on how full was considered full wasn't clear). If there is air in those lines (can check by removing the cap) the intercooler will provide insufficient intake charge cooling for the rear two cylinders of the engine. The arrow points to where you need to check for proper intercooler fill and that point is somewhere in the range of 12 to 18 inches above the top of the reservoir. The air gap at the top of the reservoir may be perfect but if there is air in that horizontal line the system isn't filled properly.

Bill
Makes sense. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

add's additional capacity to the supercharging cooling system to help reduce....... Heat ?

I missed your point.... thanks, Bill
Old 01-14-2018, 06:51 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

PM sent. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:35 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the LMR tank on my car, I recently added a Mighty Mouse can because I blew a front crank seal while on the road course. It was nearly impossible to find a place to mount it, I ended up fabricating brackets and mounted it partially under the expansion tank. I am still not happy with the way I had to mount it.
I look forward to you posting a picture of the Mighty Mouse Can and how it mounts along with your tank.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BERETTA
I have the LMR tank on my car, I recently added a Mighty Mouse can because I blew a front crank seal while on the road course. It was nearly impossible to find a place to mount it, I ended up fabricating brackets and mounted it partially under the expansion tank. I am still not happy with the way I had to mount it.
I look forward to you posting a picture of the Mighty Mouse Can and how it mounts along with your tank.
It bolts on the side of the tank. You can see the bracket we build into it. Fits right under the upper radiator shroud.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:54 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
It bolts on the side of the tank. You can see the bracket we build into it. Fits right under the upper radiator shroud.
Thank you, I see the location now, the LMR tank is wider in that location and the hose hook ups are located in a different place.
Great idea, thanks!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:37 AM
MrBlackZ06
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Joe, it seems very difficult to disconnect the line connected to the heat exchanger since it is hard to access to the clamp. any idea how to disconnect it to get the job done?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MrBlackZ06
Hi Joe, it seems very difficult to disconnect the line connected to the heat exchanger since it is hard to access to the clamp. any idea how to disconnect it to get the job done?
No lines to the heat exchanger get disconnected unless you're also installing our heat exchanger. You simply cut one line and put onto the hose our quick connect fitting. It then clicks into our tank.
silver ls2 (01-20-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

here are some more pictures of a coated tank with a mighty mouse installed. these come w/ gm quick connect fittings and line to make this without a doubt one of the easiest tank's to install on the market. We currently are making another batch of 20 so if you're looking to get one just shoot me a pm, email, or call the shop.
Attached Images    
The following 2 users liked this post by Cordes Performance Racing:
db2xpert (06-14-2018), KSA Aaron (03-01-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To CPR's C7Z expansion tank now available!!

Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM
360Lemans
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Did you replace the intercooler bleeder? The very last pic shows no bleeder and the pic with your tank on a earlier post shows bleeder present. Any combo sales looking to buy larger intercooler and Tank.

Thanks Marc
Old 04-25-2018, 12:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 360Lemans
Did you replace the intercooler bleeder? The very last pic shows no bleeder and the pic with your tank on a earlier post shows bleeder present. Any combo sales looking to buy larger intercooler and Tank.

Thanks Marc
we did, our new line system allows quick oem connections. the tank is the fill point and you still have the air bleeders on top of the blower.

We do combo deals with tank and heat exchanger. Normally $600/ea but the pair would be $1100 shipped to the lower 48.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:18 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

How many extra gallons does is add, and do you have before install and after install temperature readings?

Quick Reply: CPR's C7Z expansion tank now available!!