C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

**Pic Heavy Corvette Delivery post 1/14/18~ZR1 look ahead~Mike Furman 301-212-4420**

Old 01-14-2018, 07:26 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default **Pic Heavy Corvette Delivery post 1/14/18~ZR1 look ahead~Mike Furman 301-212-4420**

~Corvette ownership offers many things socially that may be lost and quickly regained. For those buying their first Corvette it's pure anticipation of what they have dreamed and heard of what it could and would be...for those people that have let time lapse between ownership it's like getting back in the saddle again. They understand the Corvette world is fun and brings together people from all walks of life. Common bond for America's #1 Sports car. And then you have those that own multiple Corvettes at one time...I'm envious of their situation. Whether it's them being able to use a Corvette as their every day driver or having a large garage to fit them all in. I've owned 44 Musclecars and 18 Corvettes...the most at one time was 11...battery upkeep was hell. Finding a garage for them all was even more challenging. I was much younger then so I made it work...now I just own one Corvette and dream of having one as a daily driver. Maybe in the future.

~Now is the time to contact me if you are starting thoughts of a 2019 Corvette Factory order. Spring will be here before you know it. It only takes approx. 6 weeks from start to finish so check out my Corvette dedicated web site (CorvetteFurman.com) as I have a ton of 2019 info on there. I am also a Lifetime Member for the Corvette Museum and they always roll out the red carpet for my customers.
Call my desk direct line or email me your wish list.
301-212-4420 mfurman@criswellauto.com

~The first initial allocations for the 2019 ZR1 are scheduled to be doled out from GM this Thursday. GM has stated this will be a very slow process so everyone must have patience. ZR1 production starts in March and we should see the first few trickle out of the plant in April. I will repeat...we have been advised allocations will be a slow process. The first run of ZR1 allocations were predicated on Z06 sales from January 3rd-December 1st 2017. I sold 104 Z06's in that time frame so I will receive the 3rd most 2019 ZR1 allocations for the first cycle.

~Robert G. Of Mission Viejo, California called me a few months ago to factory order a 2018 Corvette Z06 Cpe to be drop shipped for Courtesy delivery to his local Chevrolet dealer near his home. So he placed his order for Black/ Black with 3LZ Pkg, 7spd manual trans, Chrome wheels and much more. His Corvette arrived Wednesday and Thursday he took delivery as planned. Quotes from Rob “The Car is awesome! It’s easy to drive and sounds great! Thank you for being so prompt in your emails and answering all my questions.” It was my pleasure Rob, glad I could assist you with your special order.

~John R. Of Wheeling, WVA called me this past week inquiring about trading in the 2016 Corvette that he bought from me almost two years ago. I gave John a sight unseen trade value and discounted the heck out of this 2017 Corvette Grand Sport Cpe in Admiral Blue with Black interior and Red seat belts. This 2LT Pkg Vette is equipped with GS Heritage Pkg, Auto trans, Black Wheels, PDR and Navigation. John left his home at 5am and drove almost 5 hours to get to Criswell and I had him turned around inside of an hour headed back to Wheeling, WVA. Look for John at all the Car Shows, he attended 26 last year! This past October he joined me with 19 other customers in Pahrump, Nevada to drive Corvettes on Ron Fellows Spring Mountain race track. This coming October he will attend once again the 3rd Annual Furman Corvette driving experience in Nevada. See you there my friend.

~Joe P. Of Churchville, MD drives away in his factory ordered Torch Red/ Kalahari 7spd manual 2018 Grand Sport. My customers have no fear of Winter weather!

~Rich M. Of Alma, Arkansas had his Red 17 GS shipped up by Plycar Trucking and his new Watkins Glen Gray 17 Z06 loaded up and headed to his home Thursday.

~Jason B. Of Clements, MD factory ordered his very first Corvette...Admiral Blue 2018 Z06 and he was here 1 hour after it arrived from the Corvette Plant and unloaded from the transport truck. I had the mechanics do the pre delivery inspection while he went and did the paperwork/payment portion of the deal. Jason ordered a 2LZ Pkg with 7spd manual trans, black calipers, black wheels and the Black microfiber inserts interior. Jason opted to clean and detail it himself so he could beat the traffic to his home in Southern Maryland. I don't blame him for wanting to get South of Wash, DC in a timely fashion.

~The Frank Class Corvette Barn find and throwback section will be quite interesting today. Please post up your favorite picture.

~You know when you hear about tires getting flat or out of round when left in one spot for a long time? How about 43+ years!!

This 1966 was sitting since 1974 (best guess).

New happy owner.

Bruce

More Bruce

Have a great week!

Sebring is spelled Sebring...look for the new color Orange arriving...now. I have a ton of Sebring Orange Tintcoat Corvettes inbound.

GREAT AD!

Mike Furman
Criswell Chevrolet
Gaithersburg, MD
301-212-4420
mfurman@criswellauto.com
CorvetteFurman.com
"I sell and ship Nationwide and have done so for 40 years now!"

The following 2 users liked this post by Mike Furman@Criswell:
23/C8Z (01-14-2018), robertbruce (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 11:06 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

The rear shots of all the split windows, but particularly the silver one, are easily my favorite pics but man, so many great shots to choose from. The stance on that orange C6 at the end is killer. Thanks for sharing, Mike. Always appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 02:16 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Mike, great thread. i relive my first new Corvette purchase every week when i see the smiling faces on your new (and repeat) customers... Like yourself, I envy those who can pick another new corvette up whenever they like lol... and especially the part of only having one extra garage space for it because if i had the room? i'd have quite a few and probably one less wife

What's with that chapman looking lock cylinder on the front fender of that barn find 66 427 vert?
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default www.corvettefurman.com ~ 301-212-4420 ~ Mike Furman

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z

What's with that chapman looking lock cylinder on the front fender of that barn find 66 427 vert?
That alarm system was very common in the late 60's and 70's.

Mike Furman

Old 01-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj
The rear shots of all the split windows, but particularly the silver one, are easily my favorite pics but man, so many great shots to choose from. The stance on that orange C6 at the end is killer. Thanks for sharing, Mike. Always appreciated.
Most welcome my friend!!

2015 Z06

Mike Furman

Last edited by Mike Furman@Criswell; 01-14-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:29 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Great stories and pictures as always, Mike. Thank you and have an awesome week.
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 03:10 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
Great stories and pictures as always, Mike. Thank you and have an awesome week.
Thank you.

Mike

Old 01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,756 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Criswell
That alarm system was very common in the late 60's and 70's.

Mike Furman

never saw one on a Vette lol.. only Caddys and Lincolns!
Mike Furman@Criswell (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 06:34 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
never saw one on a Vette lol.. only Caddys and Lincolns!
Those key alarms were extremely common back in the day...before your time.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To **Pic Heavy Corvette Delivery post 1/14/18~ZR1 look ahead~Mike Furman 301-212-4420**

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Pic Heavy Corvette Delivery post 1/14/18~ZR1 look ahead~Mike Furman 301-212-4420**