C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

A new owner of ZO6/ZO7, Bonjour de France

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:27 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,276 Likes on 794 Posts

Merci. Thanks for your appreciation Tomtoro.
At the covering shop. The boss has 2 sport cars for tracks : Lotus Exige and Catheram

The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-12-2019)
Old 02-01-2018, 12:03 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

In my ugly heated garage

Last edited by BKorsaire; 02-01-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Awesome story!! Even in spite of the heavy taxes, I hope you feel it's worth it!!
Congratulations and thanks for the delivery pictures!
BKorsaire (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 07:32 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I am late to this thread, but congratulations and ... Enjoy the car! I will read your other posts on how the car is viewed by others in France.
BKorsaire (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 07:51 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Merci a lot Racerdj and AORoads.

You should know that Corvettes are very much appreciated in 24 h du Mans because of their sound that surpasses all other cars, the stadium vibrates as they pass.

And it's the same on the road, nobody looks at a Porsche but a Corvette, oh là là, Mon Dieu..
Racerdj (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 11:43 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Considering how popular Corvettes are at Le Mans, how common is it to see one on the road in Europe?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:55 AM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Considering how popular Corvettes are at Le Mans, how common is it to see one on the road in Europe?
People probably see them all the time. They take pics, post about it on the internet.... then completely forget they ever did any of it.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:10 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,396 Likes on 748 Posts

I saw a C6, once, on a Motorway in the UK, back around 2007. Nowhere else in Europe.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 02-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Flo
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 34 Posts

Vettes are not very frequent in France. But they are a hellish effect on their passage.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:26 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Flo, je pense te (re)connaître: rofl: un gars qui a une GS red et qui regrette de n'avoir pas pris une Z...hummmm...Corvette Passion !!! je me trompe ?

No Dookey, they have not pleasure to take them as they want ! they can't see a Corvette one time in a month ! but at Le Mans, we have only 4 Vettes, 2 official and 2 in GT Am and they do the show ! They are very much appreciated and people say to you after "I heard them and saw them at Le Mans, it's incredible, I shiver when they pass" lol, me too !

Why then are there not many of them on the streets? Quite simply the taxation on the car, the Vette has a huge engine, 6.2 and European cars reach at best between 3 and 5 liters (AMG...). There is the CO2 rate which is very unfavourable for Corvettes and there is a tax on it, unfortunately. That's why by being so popular in racing there are so few on roads. Added to this, the vast majority of the media are very pro-German for cars here: I have never had a German car and I will never have one: the engineers know how to run after-sales services for the benefit of their firms, it is more expensive to maintain a German than a Corvette but few know it ! and here, the price of Corvettes explode here, that's why out of 3 Corvettes I bought, this is the second one I buy directly from your country, despite all the administrative problems I had and will have. Driving in a Corvette here is a true dedication but I don't regret it, I don't regret anything, quite the contrary.

When I shall die, my bank account won't follow the hearse, so I enjoy life before because I can still do it: I'm back from far away.

Thank you all

Last edited by BKorsaire; 02-02-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Flo
Racer

Well done my friend!!!
J'ai été démasqué
Old 02-02-2018, 02:04 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

mdr, l'autre fois, ça m'a intrigué et j'ai recherché à qui ça pouvait être sur CP, ça ne pouvait être que toi ; j'ai eu Mimi77 après lol.

Enfin, un vrai parcours du combattant mais bon, je ne pouvais pas achetyer chez Chassay. Si tu peux avoir une Z ou mid engine pour revenir...n 'hésite pas ! je pourrai te guider pour l'homologation, j'ai un gars

Last edited by BKorsaire; 02-02-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:54 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by BKorsaire

No Dookey, they have not pleasure to take them as they want ! they can't see a Corvette one time in a month ! but at Le Mans, we have only 4 Vettes, 2 official and 2 in GT Am and they do the show ! They are very much appreciated and people say to you after "I heard them and saw them at Le Mans, it's incredible, I shiver when they pass" lol, me too !l

I don't regret anything, quite the contrary.
I like your attitude.
When I shall die, my bank account won't follow the hearse
I have to remember this line.
BKorsaire (02-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 05:06 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

BKorsaire, quelle belle voiture! Make sure you put a video card in the slot in the glove compartment and record a video of the beautiful French countryside and include your favorite roads. Upload the video and post here so we can all enjoy. Merci!
BKorsaire (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Flo
Racer

mdr, l'autre fois, ça m'a intrigué et j'ai recherché à qui ça pouvait être sur CP, ça ne pouvait être que toi ; j'ai eu Mimi77 après lol.

Enfin, un vrai parcours du combattant mais bon, je ne pouvais pas achetyer chez Chassay. Si tu peux avoir une Z ou mid engine pour revenir...n 'hésite pas ! je pourrai te guider pour l'homologation, j'ai un gars
Indeed, it's me.
No return for about 3 years but I follow your thread in CP and keep preciously all the informations you give and that you will give to import his Vette.
In the meantime, even if the roads of Norfolk and its region are not the ones in the best condition, I take advantage of my GS, in a world where there are no damn radars and police who not stop you for a yes or for a no. Not to mention the price for gasoline.
Vive l'Amérique!!!
For my GS, I am a little disappointed by the seller who didn't know how to advise me and just said "ok" when I told him that I wanted a GS, without trying to sell the model above, the Z06. Too bad, but now it's more complicated even if the Z are displayed at interesting prices.
And even though I told him that I was considering changing cars, I have no answers to my many emails.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:06 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

I like your attitude.

I have to remember this line.
It's the positive attitude ! Merci Sunsalem

Originally Posted by bcmarly
BKorsaire, quelle belle voiture! Make sure you put a video card in the slot in the glove compartment and record a video of the beautiful French countryside and include your favorite roads. Upload the video and post here so we can all enjoy. Merci!
I'' do it. I''ll return at the same place you saw probably in my introducing about my C6 GS to take the same photo breaks. I'll watch how the pdr works to take videos, there's so much to examine with this new Vette. Thank you Bobby : pouces:

Originally Posted by Flo
Indeed, it's me.
No return for about 3 years but I follow your thread in CP and keep preciously all the informations you give and that you will give to import his Vette.
In the meantime, even if the roads of Norfolk and its region are not the ones in the best condition, I take advantage of my GS, in a world where there are no damn radars and police who not stop you for a yes or for a no. Not to mention the price for gasoline.
Vive l'Amérique!!!
For my GS, I am a little disappointed by the seller who didn't know how to advise me and just said "ok" when I told him that I wanted a GS, without trying to sell the model above, the Z06. Too bad, but now it's more complicated even if the Z are displayed at interesting prices.
And even though I told him that I was considering changing cars, I have no answers to my many emails.

Strange man your dealer !

For peace of mind, you're lucky there. Macron and his acolytes want to fill their pockets by lowering the speed from 90 to 80, there are demonstrations everywhere against this new "royal decree" or oukaze.

What I noticed on my Z is that rear indicators are Euro standards, orange, just a rear fog lamp to add. Already Euro norm the tires, windows except for the outside mirrors. My mechanic makes sure he doesn't get the ridiculous headlamp washers. The biggest work remains noise and pollution. You in the case of expatriation, you won't have to pay VAT, it's huge, so make yourself happy when you will get back !

You have my e mail on CP below each message in my signature.

Save the wave mon gars !

Last edited by BKorsaire; 02-04-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:38 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

The biggest work remains noise and pollution.
Salut mon ami, could you explain what needs to be done and why. Merci

Get notified of new replies

To A new owner of ZO6/ZO7, Bonjour de France

Old 02-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Flo
Racer

The debate on speed limits is just appalling. Just pull all the limitations to 0. At least, there will be no more deaths.
Pas pressé de rentrer...
Old 02-04-2018, 01:51 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Flo
Well done my friend!!!
J'ai été démasqué
Non tu as ete decullottee.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:37 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Salut mon ami, could you explain what needs to be done and why. Merci
OK I respond you later with more explanations

Non tu as ete decullottee.
Oui, j'ai mis une grosse déculottée à Flo lol . Je l'ai reconnu, il sur notre forum français aussi le bougre.

Bobby, je suis surpris par ton Français. Tu pratiques encore le Français ?

Quick Reply: A new owner of ZO6/ZO7, Bonjour de France