C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Aftermarket TPMS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:36 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Aftermarket TPMS Sensor

I've searched here and online and found a ton of conflicting information.

On a 2017 Z06, can you use aftermarket TPMS sensors, or must you use GM sensors? If so, do they need to me the programmable ones or auto-learn? I ask because I've seen a tone of threads talking about the sensors autolearning with no other programming or input required. Just let the car sit for 20 minutes to reset then drive. However, the car DOES have a sensor learning mode which must be used for something.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:04 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Just MHO, but I won't ever use anything but the OE tire pressure sensors. I have several sets of wheels/tires for the street and track, and they all have OE sensors in them. I have no problem when swapping on a different set - they just automatically log the different set of sensors into the TPMS within a couple minutes of driving faster than 20mph.

I highly recommend sticking with OE sensors with GM part# 13581560 or 13598775

The first part# was superseded by the second one in about 2016, but either one will work in any model year C7.

Just MHO, YMMV!!

Old 01-20-2018, 09:11 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Do note that sitting there won't activate the autolearn. You need to drive a few miles. I have had mine activate in as few as 5 miles and as many as 25 miles.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket TPMS Sensor

Quick Reply: Aftermarket TPMS Sensor