C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Drag Radial/slick tire on the Street

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 PM
PRZ
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drag Radial/slick tire on the Street

Hi guys,

Make a search on this and could barely find something that helped. I'm just wondering if you run Drag Radial or slick tires in the street on your way to the drag strip or to a special event on the streets? If so, at what PSI? What precautions do you take? Is it safe?

I watch the YouTube videos from 1320, TRC, Speedfx, etc and see how our cars, camaro's, viper's, hellcat's, cts-v, etc run with these tires at high speeds on the streets.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:49 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 246 Posts

With a DRAG RADIAL you'll be fine, **** the Demon from the factory is coming off the floor with Nitto DRs...
Drive smart when it's raining and keep the psi at the recommended level and drop it when at the track.
That said there are some great summer tires that can handle the stock power levels, much better than stock and you'll have the peace of mind in rain and pushing it thru turns.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:09 PM
PRZ
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now the car sit on stock Michelin SS with close to 760whp (on NOS) and they don't hook good at all on the street. I have a drag setup wheels with Hoosier's DR2 but I'm a bit worried to use them on the streets and if you at what PSI should I run them.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:18 PM
LAGUNAblueZ07
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I am running the 345 nitto nt05Rs on 19' replica wheels and feel a lot safer on the street than the cup2s. I feel like the cup 2s break loose a lot on the street when getting on it.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGUNAblueZ07
I am running the 345 nitto nt05Rs on 19' replica wheels and feel a lot safer on the street than the cup2s. I feel like the cup 2s break loose a lot on the street when getting on it.
I use the same exact set up 90% of the time with no issues. Keep em at 32-34 psi on the street then drop em at the track and air back up when leaving track.

Get notified of new replies

To Drag Radial/slick tire on the Street

Quick Reply: Drag Radial/slick tire on the Street