C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

JW motorsport C7 Z06 splitter review

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts
Default JW motorsport C7 Z06 splitter review

I bought the JW Motorsport carbon splitter as an affordable option that I figured would get a little banged up since it hangs low on the front of my car. However, it does not have the ability to mount the undertray splitter support that GM specs for the stage 2 and stage 3 cars. The carbon just curls over the front lip of the splitter about 5/8" so there is no undertray support flange. It was then my interpretation that this was not an actual aerodynamic aid as no doubt GM added the undertray due to air pressure from high speeds. Without the support id be worried about bending or doing something to the fascia.

The weave on the carbon looked pretty good and it was very light so if you just want something that's affordable and probably shouldn't be used at high speeds it's an okay choice for that I'm sure.

Jhonathan @ JWM was very easy to deal with and handled my refund promptly.

I wish it was an OEM replica and not their own version because its an easy to scrape part and I wanted something affordable to replace if it was damaged.

Last edited by Pacembellum; 02-20-2018 at 11:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JW Motorsports (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:23 AM
shizon'00
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

At least he handled one refund correctly...Searching in the vendor forums across several places shows otherwise. Glad you got all your money back!
Old 02-20-2018, 05:44 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
I bought the JW Motorsport carbon splitter as an affordable option that I figured would get a little banged up since it hangs low on the front of my car. However, it does not have the ability to mount the undertray splitter support that GM specs for the stage 2 and stage 3 cars. The carbon just curls over the front lip of the splitter about 5/8" so there is no undertray support flange. It was then my interpretation that this was not an actual aerodynamic aid as no doubt GM added the undertray due to air pressure from high speeds. Without the support id be worried about bending or doing something to the fascia.

The weave on the carbon looked pretty good and it was very light so if you just want something that's affordable and probably shouldn't be used at high speeds it's an okay choice for that I'm sure.

I wish it was an OEM replica and not their own version because its an easy to scrape part and I wanted something affordable to replace if it was damaged.
Thanks buddy!

We have many running our splitter without the undertray at high speeds with no issues. No worries, we got you taken care of.

Thanks for being easy to work with

Last edited by JW Motorsports; 02-20-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM
asian-winkie
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently purchase front and side together. I was little surprise that there was no additional support behind the splitter but for the cost, I can't complain. Oh and there was some defect in the resin when you look close but since no one is going to get on the ground and look at the thing, I just let it go instead of returning it. The only thing I could suggest is that they include the hardwares. To me it's not the money but time. I had to stop and run around to find the right hardware several times. Couple hour project turned into all day job because of the run around. Just charge little more and include the hardware please. Over all fast shipping, great price,
Old 02-20-2018, 10:43 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

Most people are not going to go 180 mph and cause it to deflect, but for those that do, spend the money on an original. Surely someone is going to knock off the GM part cheap soon
Old 02-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
Most people are not going to go 180 mph and cause it to deflect, but for those that do, spend the money on an original. Surely someone is going to knock off the GM part cheap soon
unfortunately we dont know at what speed the support is necessary and I wanted an exact OE spec solution.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:44 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacembellum

Do you happen to have a picture of what you are referencing? I can't picture it in my head.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:55 PM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by UKnowWho18
Do you happen to have a picture of what you are referencing? I can't picture it in my head.
oem splitter, note flange mounting points
Old 02-20-2018, 11:57 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Got it. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To JW motorsport C7 Z06 splitter review

Quick Reply: JW motorsport C7 Z06 splitter review