C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Another MRC Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,202 Likes on 2,145 Posts

So when do dealers get on board with this or not?

Deciding if i should take a chance at the dealer with this upgrade.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:42 PM
roy817
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I called 3 dealers in the Northern Virginia area. One quoted me about $500, one said they called GM and they couldn't find anything about it and the last (where I bought the car) told me they heard about it as it "was all over the internet", but their Corvette mechanic couldn't get any info from GM. I'm not inspired with any of them. I'll wait a bit and see if they self educate before I get the upgrade.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM
Cercone
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by roy817
I called 3 dealers in the Northern Virginia area. One quoted me about $500, one said they called GM and they couldn't find anything about it and the last (where I bought the car) told me they heard about it as it "was all over the internet", but their Corvette mechanic couldn't get any info from GM. I'm not inspired with any of them. I'll wait a bit and see if they self educate before I get the upgrade.
You can try this information if you want, it might help. Don’t pay over $350

Last edited by Cercone; 05-22-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:16 PM
ScGRaceR
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

just made an appointment a week from today at my local dealer. im going to call later this week to see if they have done one before and if not to start to figure it out before my waiter turns into a comeback lol I won't be mad the dealer is 3 miles away. but just wasting time burns me up lol.

lets see what happens. 16' coupe
Old 05-29-2018, 09:51 AM
ScGRaceR
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

update. sitting at the dealer. 300 for the update as well....

not for nothing just petty to pay this for an update on this caliber of car... most brands say sorry and do the work.

will update this post with ride quality observations
Old 05-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by ScGRaceR
update. sitting at the dealer. 300 for the update as well....

not for nothing just petty to pay this for an update on this caliber of car... most brands say sorry and do the work.

will update this post with ride quality observations
What other brands give you free performance upgrades?
Old 05-29-2018, 11:47 AM
NicD
Burning Brakes

Received 520 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by ScGRaceR
Not this crap again, no other company gives away performance upgrades for free. Most of them don't even offer any performance upgrades at all. Porsche charges ~$1800 for their sport mode program upgrade on the turbo car, makes $350 for GM's performance shock program seem like a steal. Besides they have nothing to say sorry for and you certainly don't need it if you can't find the $350 to spend on it.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:23 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Whoopsie!

I brought my 2017 Z07 in to the dealership last Friday because I had a tiny leak in my right rear; I hadn't bothered to look to see if it was a nail or something else. They found a small nail in the tread, and since I'm driving on PSS on the street, they were happy to plug it for me. Cool.

While it was there, I asked them to do the MRC re-cal. They called the Tech Center, got the correct cal, and I was on my way in no time. The following day, I did a quick drive to the store and I could immediately tell the difference in Tour. It's significantly more compliant on the road. So much so that I tried Sport on the street and was rewarded with a compliant-enough ride.

I made the mistake of leaving it in Sport. It's only a mistake insofar as I leave for work at about 0600 every morning. Uh. Whoops. My neighbors were treated with the "enhanced" Sport exhaust when I started the car up.

In summary: Definitely worth the $350 for the 2017 Z07 cars as far as street driving. It will make no difference at all on the track because our cars already have the updated Track cal. But Tour and Sport are far more compliant than they were from the factory. Verra nice!
The following users liked this post:
cdh027 (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 11:55 AM
flying_vette
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 140 Posts

I got my 2017 Z06 updated last week and difference is notable in Tour mode. My dealer charged $312 total.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:43 PM
ScGRaceR
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

hahah Upgrade??? if you buy a new showroom car it comes with current software to perform as advertised. so my head shaking race mode was just something I should live with? like having a car on thermo melt down living in a hot climate 9 months out of the year? that every time I take my car in I have it returned with more damage than when it was dropped off..

please tell me more about my ownership experience. this is a chevy and I forgot that. service experience speaks for itself.

10/10 glad I got this done. nothing is free. but product support goes far. imagine if something actually broke on the car.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 06-21-2018, 04:11 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
I brought my 2017 Z07 in to the dealership last Friday because I had a tiny leak in my right rear; I hadn't bothered to look to see if it was a nail or something else. They found a small nail in the tread, and since I'm driving on PSS on the street, they were happy to plug it for me. Cool.

While it was there, I asked them to do the MRC re-cal. They called the Tech Center, got the correct cal, and I was on my way in no time. The following day, I did a quick drive to the store and I could immediately tell the difference in Tour. It's significantly more compliant on the road. So much so that I tried Sport on the street and was rewarded with a compliant-enough ride.

I made the mistake of leaving it in Sport. It's only a mistake insofar as I leave for work at about 0600 every morning. Uh. Whoops. My neighbors were treated with the "enhanced" Sport exhaust when I started the car up.

In summary: Definitely worth the $350 for the 2017 Z07 cars as far as street driving. It will make no difference at all on the track because our cars already have the updated Track cal. But Tour and Sport are far more compliant than they were from the factory. Verra nice!
Absolutely agree with everything here. I had the MRC upgrade software installed on my 2016 ZO6 (ZO7) yesterday. Picked it up this afternoon and the compliance difference in tour is really noticeable. I also changed out the cup 2 tires before the software upgrade for the Michelin SS run flats which also improved street manners but not as much as the software upgrade.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:10 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by jvp
....I made the mistake of leaving it in Sport. It's only a mistake insofar as I leave for work at about 0600 every morning. Uh. Whoops. My neighbors were treated with the "enhanced" Sport exhaust when I started the car up.

Ha Ha that's what I do sometimes--If I leave the exhaust set in "Track" mode,it really barks awake in the morning. So much so that I have to start the car with the garage door closed then open it after it catches. Usually switch to "Automatic" before coming into the subdivision and set the suspension for "Tour". That quiets it down enough. I also agree with your comments on the effects for the MSRC upgrade. Definitely a noticeable improvement in both Tour and Sport. --Bob
Old 06-22-2018, 11:37 AM
Cubicinches
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 154 Posts

ZR1Bob - You say that when you leave your car in Track mode, it's loud when you turn it on. I have a 2017 Z06 and find that when I leave mine in Sport, the baffles remain open when I turn it off and it defaults to Sport when I turn the car back on. But if I leave it in Track mode, then it resets to Touring when I turn the car off. I assumed this was standard. Does it vary by year? Or do I have a setting "off" in my Settings menu?
Old 06-22-2018, 12:49 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
Not this crap again, no other company gives away performance upgrades for free. Most of them don't even offer any performance upgrades at all. Porsche charges ~$1800 for their sport mode program upgrade on the turbo car, makes $350 for GM's performance shock program seem like a steal. Besides they have nothing to say sorry for and you certainly don't need it if you can't find the $350 to spend on it.
Well, that's not entirely true. My Tesla P100D gets updates all the time. Some mornings you get in and on the screen, there's a list of the new features they've added (for free). In previous models like the P90D they added performance modes like Ludicrous, and did so for free.

There's an exception to every rule, and Tesla seems to be it. But Ford and Chevy aren't giving away new feature for free.

On the issue of the magride update, I've noticed on my regular drives that there were bumps and places that I used to feel that are now "different". And it really does ride better at low (parking lot) speeds. It was worth the price to me but if I only had that money to spend once, there's probably a lot of other things I'd spend $300 on first!

As to the exhaust, mine is only loud on startup if left in SPORT. If you leave it in Track, you get a quiet startup.

Last edited by davepl; 06-22-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:08 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1

As to the exhaust, mine is only loud on startup if left in SPORT. If you leave it in Track, you get a quiet startup.
OK, I'm really confused with this last statement. If you have it set up for the exhaust to be same as Drive Mode then it will be louder in Track than Sport. If, as lots of us do, set exhaust mode to Track & just use **** to change suspension depending on whether I'm just cruising or hauling butt thru twisties from anything to Tour/Sport/Track & usually if being spirited I go straight to PTM Mode Sport 2. As far as noise of exhaust, is entirely user friendly by setting it separate to drive mode or to follow drive mode. And then there's those who think by pulling fuse 42, the baffles/valves are always open regardless of any other setting. Really hope I'm not starting trouble, just what (I believe) I've read on here. Of course there's always Stealth mode if you haven't pulled the fuse.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:03 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I have a 2017 Z06/Z07 M7 that I just brought in to Rio Vista Chevrolet and according to GM, via my vin number my car came from the factory with this calibration already performed.
This was a surprise to the dealership as it was to me not complaining, saved me $350 bucks.
I think you mean Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista and I seriously doubt they made a mistake. They probably know as much as any dealer in the United States about the C7 suspension. You can check the code yourself by going to the tis2 website and entering your vin.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pkincy
"You can check the code yourself by going to the tis2 website and entering your vin".
Definitely do this. First time I took it in for upgrade, even after giving them the printed out full instructions to call, give VIN, etc. They give me back paperwork & said "good to go, you already have the latest flash to suspension "('16 Z06). I looked at #s on the worksheet & said not correct. Had to speak very slowly (but nicely) that this is a customer upgrade option to be paid for, it is not a reflash of the OE suspension setting such as one would have done if suspension was misbehaving. They did it again & sure enough there it was on the TIS2 website showing the option had been installed. The instructions for inputting info into blocks on the TIS2 website are under another MSRC thread. Thread you need is "Any way to check/confirm GM mag ride update was done"? Post #2. Wish I knew how to paste links here!

Last edited by madrob2020; 06-22-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Another MRC Update Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 10:52 PM
cdh027
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
Definitely do this. First time I took it in for upgrade, even after giving them the printed out full instructions to call, give VIN, etc. They give me back paperwork & said "good to go, you already have the latest flash to suspension "('16 Z06). I looked at #s on the worksheet & said not correct. Had to speak very slowly (but nicely) that this is a customer upgrade option to be paid for, it is not a reflash of the OE suspension setting such as one would have done if suspension was misbehaving. They did it again & sure enough there it was on the TIS2 website showing the option had been installed. The instructions for inputting info into blocks on the TIS2 website are under another MSRC thread. Thread you need is "Any way to check/confirm GM mag ride update was done"? Post #2. Wish I knew how to paste links here!
I cant find the thread titled "Any way to check/confirm GM mag ride update was done" ? I'd like to check on mine that was done last week.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:15 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cdh027
I cant find the thread titled "Any way to check/confirm GM mag ride update was done" ? I'd like to check on mine that was done last week.
Sorry, type in search box at top of this page where it says "search forums", MRSC, it should be 1st post.

Last edited by madrob2020; 06-22-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:26 PM
cdh027
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
Sorry, type in search box at top of this page where it says "search forums", MRSC, it should be 1st post.
I did that. No can find.

Quick Reply: Another MRC Update Thread