C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nurburgring update

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts

Thing is we are not talking about a stock 'factory' car here.

This is a very heavily modified C7 Z06 (with $$$$$$ in aftermarket parts) that will be taking on the Ring. There is no reason for GM to support this.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:26 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Checkmate1
Thing is we are not talking about a stock 'factory' car here.

This is a very heavily modified C7 Z06 (with $$$$$$ in aftermarket parts) that will be taking on the Ring. There is no reason for GM to support this.
Take a look at these cars and what Porsche in particular removed from the car to lighten it and modify it in many ways
and if you think Porsche did not crank the boost up and do other things to each one of these cars you are kidding yourself.

We have the equivalent of turning up the boost and we have the equivalent of a lightening it slightly and we have the equivalent of exaggerated aerodynamics and a good LG Motorsports suspension package on an otherwise stock Corvette Z06 manual transmission car with our own do intercooler cooling package to avoid the typical overheating at this level of performance

Same thing with the Viper it did not roll off the showroom floor onto the track but this is the best example of a street driven Corvette Zeos same thing with the Viper it did not roll off the showroom floor onto the track but this is the best example of a street driven C7 Corvette Z06.
Keywords “C7-Corvette Z06 “.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
The following 2 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018), Mikec7z (08-05-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

Take a look at these cars and what Porsche in particular removed from the car to lighten it and modify it in many ways
and if you think Porsche did not crank the boost up and do other things to each one of these cars you are kidding yourself.

We have the equivalent of turning up the boost and we have the equivalent of a lightening it slightly and we have the equivalent of exaggerated aerodynamics and a good LG Motorsports suspension package on an otherwise stock Corvette Z06 manual transmission car with our own do intercooler cooling package to avoid the typical overheating at this level of performance

Same thing with the Viper it did not roll off the showroom floor onto the track but this is the best example of a street driven Corvette Zeos same thing with the Viper it did not roll off the showroom floor onto the track but this is the best example of a street driven C7 Corvette Z06.
Keywords “C7-Corvette Z06 “.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
Understand where you are coming from Lou.

However, the fact is all of GM and Porsche's official lap times were done on bone stock cars with 'factory' options. Not exaggerations / plausible equivalent mods.

Don't get me wrong, all of the mods you have deployed are excellent and on point to have the car reliable on track. However, none of the mods you have installed are 'factory' options.

All this to say, this exercise will be solely the capability of the 'LG' C7 Z06....not a stock C7 Z06. Any time you achieve on the RIng will be a reflection of what a user with the exact mods as your car can achieve at the Ring.

As noted before, we are all rooting for you and the LG C7 Z06.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 01:11 PM
LG Motorsports

Wow. Anything to diminish the accomplishment

Is it a factory option to remove the passenger seat and put a lightweight carbon seat in a Porsche— no

What about turning the boost up 100 hp on a GT 2 RS? — No.

the fact is that a C7 Z06 can’t even run a fast lap at the ring without overheating so does our fix make our cooling system an illegal modification or just a necessary commonsense modification ?

To be a purist does it require letting the car overheat and even if it didn’t goto reduced engine power the computer pulls timing out and horse power so that is an unacceptable situation.

I agree it appears that Corvette could not run the Ring —-but we can.
take it or leave it or bring your own car over

The challenge is the track itself
whether we meet some self impose purest restrictions means nothing

I hope we all enjoy the journey

Lou Gigliotti
The following 3 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018), TBF (04-03-2019), w00tw00t (09-30-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 02:28 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Wow. Anything to diminish the accomplishment

Is it a factory option to remove the passenger seat and put a lightweight carbon seat in a Porsche— no

What about turning the boost up 100 hp on a GT 2 RS? — No.

the fact is that a C7 Z06 can’t even run a fast lap at the ring without overheating so does our fix make our cooling system an illegal modification or just a necessary commonsense modification ?

To be a purist does it require letting the car overheat and even if it didn’t goto reduced engine power the computer pulls timing out and horse power so that is an unacceptable situation.

I agree it appears that Corvette could not run the Ring —-but we can.
take it or leave it or bring your own car over

The challenge is the track itself
whether we meet some self impose purest restrictions means nothing

I hope we all enjoy the journey

Lou Gigliotti
This thread is simply meant to be an honest yet candid discussions of all parameters. No disrespect intended at all.

The Corvette community is stronger because of folks like you. To me, you and Katech are the 2 most important leaders in our community because of your racing pedigree and innovation.

Wish you and your team all the best Lou. My whole family and I are rooting for your success at the Ring.

Last edited by Checkmate1; 06-24-2018 at 02:30 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Checkmate1:
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018), Katech_Zach (06-25-2018), LG Motorsports (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 06:23 PM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

Received 296 Likes on 155 Posts

It would be great if you list all the modified/replaced parts on the car, and how much it weighs full of fluids, and HP at the wheels? Is it lowered?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:47 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Lou,
The key to your success will be the tires....when the privateer Viper guys went over with two ACR Extremes the first thing that people in the know at the Ring asked was "where are your special Ring tires"? I listened to a talk Russ Oasis gave (the person that put the Viper attempt together) that the tires (stock Kumho ACR's which are almost Hoosier sticky and soft) would not last the entire lap with the lateral G's and downforce the Viper produced. The Porsche GT2 RS and Lambo Huracan runs were done with tires made of "Unobtainium"......this will be proven when these cars get tested at tracks like VIR and Laguna Seca and they are no where near as fast as the current records. The ACR-E, GT2 RS, Lou's Z06, etc are just too much car and performance for a street legal DOT tire to endure for 12 miles at full tilt.

Lou, if Pirelli can make you 3 or 4 sets of "Mama Pirelli's Secret Ring Attempt Tires" you'll be in 6:55 range!!!

GM would love to have Lou go under 7 minutes.....anytime Corvette is in the headlines with positive results it helps them, whether they did it or some guy from Texas did it. Add to that fact that anybody can buy a Z06, open up Lou's catalog and copy this beast is just more marketing fodder for GM......and it didn't cost them a dime to show how easy a Corvette can be a world beater.

The only downfall for Lou is if he does exceptionally well GM will copy his parts list and offer a "Z06 Ring Package Kit" for you to buy from the GM Performance division. Of course GM will screw it up and use cheap or inadequate parts to make an extra $3.00 profit but the reality is people believe what GM preaches so they'll sell plenty of kits. If only GM would learn to listen to its customers and people with actual experience, they would be scary with what they could produce performance-wise.
The following 4 users liked this post by TrackAire:
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018), LG Motorsports (06-24-2018), mat_haas (09-25-2018), RX2112 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 09:24 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Originally Posted by Checkmate1
Understand where you are coming from Lou.

However, the fact is all of GM and Porsche's official lap times were done on bone stock cars with 'factory' options. Not exaggerations / plausible equivalent mods.

Don't get me wrong, all of the mods you have deployed are excellent and on point to have the car reliable on track. However, none of the mods you have installed are 'factory' options.

All this to say, this exercise will be solely the capability of the 'LG' C7 Z06....not a stock C7 Z06. Any time you achieve on the RIng will be a reflection of what a user with the exact mods as your car can achieve at the Ring.

As noted before, we are all rooting for you and the LG C7 Z06.

Regarding "production cars" and Porsche being honest about Ring lap times.....that is a joke. Dale Lomas makes his living at the Ring and has seen a lot of BS that car manufacturers use when claiming a Ring run. Check out the stickers for headlights on this claimed Porsche Panamera Ring run....who knows what else they did to make the car faster than production. Dale's article below brings up some good points on using some sort of standardization of Ring testing and being able to claim Ring times publicly for marketing purposes. Right now manufacturers can claim anything they want with no governing body to oversee their marketing claims. They have to publish hp and torque to some SAE standard, fuel economy to some EPA standard, etc. Lap times should not only be verified, but so should the car if it is claimed to be a production model.
https://www.bridgetogantry.com/rant-...ring-laptimes/

Here is a pretty disappointing description of the cheating Dale has seen at the Ring with manufacturers and what they do to get a fast time....kind of eye opening if you ask me:
Facebook Post

And finally, here is Dale (the owner of Bridge To Gantry) taking a run in one of the Viper ACR-E's that were there trying to set the record...gotta love English enthusiasm!!:
CorvetteBrent (08-30-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 09:25 PM
tw78911sc
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

But I have not seen Pigs fly yet

I saw a Pig fly last weekend at Lemans!!
GSpeed (06-27-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 PM
descartesfool
Burning Brakes

Received 296 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by tw78911sc
But I have not seen Pigs fly yet

I saw a Pig fly last weekend at Lemans!!
Old 06-24-2018, 11:36 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Originally Posted by descartesfool
When I first watched this car last week I thought is was a chart for butchering beef.....you know, chuck, round, sirloin, brisket, flank, etc. I guess I wasn't far off. I think the only thing that would make this vintage livery appreciated is if the exhaust smelled like bacon.....Mmmm
Old 06-25-2018, 02:34 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

I wish they would contact us and offer their GM tech center at the Nurburgring track to use.
LG
If they send a message over, asking you to not to go under 7 minutes, and in exchange they'll pay you 80k bucks, Just Say No Lou...lmao!
mat_haas (09-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 AM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Hey Lou,

You should make a video like this one -

The following 2 users liked this post by Checkmate1:
LG Motorsports (07-11-2018), mat_haas (09-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 10:55 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Right! ;)

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
If they send a message over, asking you to not to go under 7 minutes, and in exchange they'll pay you 80k bucks, Just Say No Lou...lmao!
Just watch those front tires!
Whatever he does to get the RWD FME through works in a way GM doesn't there.
This is world beating tuner car or not. Even if it's towed in.$

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 06-25-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:23 AM
LG Motorsports

Now that is a great video

LG
Old 06-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by descartesfool
It would be great if you list all the modified/replaced parts on the car, and how much it weighs full of fluids, and HP at the wheels? Is it lowered?
Deep breath and okay here we go. LG Solid Engine & Diff Mounts, LG Dual Intercooler Track Cooling Kit w/ Oil Cooler Kit, LG SuperCool Radiator, LG Custom Grind Cam and Supporting Components, E85 Content Sensor, LG/ATI 15% Overdrive Kit, LG CAI, LG 1 7/8" Super Pro Long Tube Headers, LG Exclusive Tilton Flywheel & Carbon Clutch, LG Drop Spindles, LG G7 Sway Bars w/ HD End Links, LG Monoball Control Arms, LG HD Rear Tie Rods, LG G2 Bilstein/HyperCo Coilovers, LG Carbon Fiber Brake Cooling Ducts with Dual Inlet Spindle Backing Plates, LG Exclusive StopTech Big Brake Kit, LG GR7 Wheels, LG Camber Kit, LG GT2 Bucket Seats, LG Short Shifter, LG Competition Tunneled Front Splitter w/ Venturies, LG Aero Hood w/ Increased louvered area for down force/cooling, LG GT2 Frame Mounted Rear Wing. We have weighed nearly everything as we've gone along, final weight will be known when we get the StopTech Big Brake Kit & GT2 Seats in which should be this week (saved 48 lbs with our Tilton Set-Up Alone!). With E40 we are putting approximately 737hp to the ground.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:50 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

So Lou what would your all out C7 build be, no restrictions? Auto or manual? What power adder?

Get notified of new replies

To Nurburgring update

Old 06-25-2018, 12:56 PM
LG Motorsports

The best C7 on the planet with LG Motorsports aftermarket parts that we drive daily.
Nurburgring chassis #002.
Manual transmission- no power adders.
🏁

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 06-25-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Thanks Dane.

@ Lou - Have you guys considered Dynamic Engine Mounts? Porsche has a great deal of success managing their engine weight transfer using the dynamic engine mounts. Should help you with with high Gs.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:08 PM
LG Motorsports

The best C7 on the planet with LG Motorsports aftermarket parts that we drive daily

like I said, we are transparent about our mods. GM put Dual intercoolers and a wing and more horsepower and called it a ZR1
We call this the LG Nurburgring chassis #002

LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 06-25-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Nurburgring update